Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As if the Australian or the English don't do it either to favour their bowlers. Pot kettle
Mate, this is next level by anyone's standards. I'm fine with preparing a pitch to favour your team but when it's not even prepared evenly not allowing the pitch to degrade evenly it really is pushing the envelope of "home ground conditions" well and truly to breaking point. If it was just a rank turner it'd be fine, that's the conditions. But when MOST of the pitch is prepared one way and a very select portion to the left handers is prepared another way, that just doesn't pass the good faith test.

You're literally just pushing the same false equivalence the Indian media is trying to peddle.

I don't have a problem with the home team preparing beneficial pitches - that's home town advantage.

But the pitch itself has to be consistent. You can't be artificially creating different conditions for right handers and left handers. That crosses the line into cheating for me.

Makes me wonder whether the rating system for pitches works. Yeah, you can rate Nagpur as poor, and it can be punished if it happens again. But there are so many test grounds in most countries it doesn't matter if you temporarily lose one or two of them. Should their be demerit points for the home country too? (Not that the ICC would have the balls to punish India anyway I guess.)

Pitch aside I do really enjoy the away series in India. It's the 2 teams with the biggest home ground advantages in world cricket and takes great teams to win the away series. The injuries on both sides and the selection issues make this fascinating.

Hoping Australia can take a match or survive a couple of draws to make this series interesting but I'd predict India will be too good at home like they were out here recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I reckon the Indian players would prefer to beat us without the help of the suits. I reckon a few might be disappointed by shenanigans.

We'll see how it plays tomorrow I guess. 3PM AEDT

Back