Multiplat Borderlands 3

What character are you playing?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
What do you want? What do you think we'll get.

I can confirm guns, but other than that, we don't know.

B1 had a very brown setting. Lots of desert. It had a quieter vibe and often let the funny stuff speak for itself. Lots of dark humour and heaps of gore. B2 had the full colour pallet. It was loud, brash and made sure you got the joke. It never shut up. I loved both but would love a return to the 1st.

I think Gearbox will replicate the online functionality of Destiny and the Division. IMO Borderlands is a lot better at this genre than both of those, but will definitely create a hub world. I expect more public events, and ways of connecting the player base to each other.

I'm sure the gameworld will expand way past Pandora. Multiple worlds? The zero G in the pre-sequel, hopefully that comes back. Under water? Space combat?

Combat will probably get a change. The pre-sequel seemed to forecast some customisation even if its just that randomiser. But the gun system is awesome and shits on Division/Destiny. Lots were unhappy wit loot drops so that will get jigged. Flight combat? The car combat felt stale; I'd think that will be freshened up.

What do you want to see?

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
What do i want? Probably for the game to be announced.

It already has been.

It's official: Borderlands 3 will be Gearbox Software's next game. Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford confirmed as much himself during a panel at PAX East over the weekend (via Eurogamer), saying production will start on the game in earnest once Battleborn is on store shelves and all of its DLC is finished.

He goes on to say that it's "obviously not a secret" that a new Borderlands game would be coming. After all, it's Gearbox's most successful franchise ever. It's only natural that a third game (well, technically, the fourth game if you count the 2K Australia-developed Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel) would be made sooner rather than later. That doesn't necessarily mean, however, that the game will be called Borderlands 3 when it does arrive.

"We don't even know if we're going to call it that," Pitchford said during the panel. "We could call it Borderlands 4 for all we know."

Jazzsam

Senior List
Jan 12, 2017
Stratty
AFL Club
Carlton
Honestly, I hope they don't follow Bungie and Ubis' lead. "Shared world shooters" are great and all but a quality single player FPS (with good co-op bones) is where borderlands shines. The "raid bosses" were pretty underwhelming, just big ol' sponges

All I really need is split screen and ridiculousness, throw in some bonkers weaponry and good writing, im all set.

One thing I'd really love though is some D3 style synergy to make builds more interesting. You know, some really silly bordelands style s**t? Exploding palm maya anyone?

But I swear to god if they mess up that intro I'll be mad, really mad.

On LG-H850 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
I can feel it in my waters.

tumblr_m98j9cjFmy1qbaj4uo1_500.gif

At work, does he say anything about Borderlands?
Just pretty generic stuff. Working on it, want everything to be in place before they officially announce it, most of the developers at gearbox are working on it, that kind of stuff.
Also a little bit about the movie that is getting made.

Nothing really interesting. But it was before the Sony presser and he says they wont talk about it during E3 so it's a shame no one saw it beforehand :p

So played through 1 & 2 three times each (think it ended up being called ultimate vault hunter mode?) and felt totally Borderlandsed out by the time I got the Presequel on PS3 and never played it.

Fast forward a few years and I purchased The Handsome Collection on PS4 for $20 and decided to pull my finger out and give the Presequel a go. Started off a bit slow, took about 5 hours before remembering how much I loved the ridiculous intense mayhem of hitting 'fight for your life' 5 times in a single battle combined with switching elemental weapons for different enemies, longbow mirv grenades and using the character special power thingy.

Didn't really think that they'd be able to add to the experience from 2, but the inclusion of the oxygen kits with their different effects, adaptive shields and by far my favourite inclusion 'the grinder' for mashing weapons together is amazing.

I'm now more excited than ever at the prospect of a sequel or whatever it may be and hope to hear something soon...

Back