What character are you playing?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
"Looking ahead, we expect fiscal 2019 to be a record year for Net Bookings and net cash provided by operating activities led by the upcoming launches of Rockstar Games’ Red Dead Redemption 2 and a highly anticipated new title from one of 2K’s biggest franchises," Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said in a statement as part of the earnings report.
http://au.ign.com/articles/2017/11/...new-entry-in-major-2k-franchise-by-march-2019

May not be B3, but a fair chance it is.

Fiscal 2019 is April 2018-19.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
They did say recently they are working on something that we all think they are. I’m pretty confident it’s Borderlands 3.
That was Gearbox though, this is the publisher who could also be talking about something like BioShock (with a new developer).

There's no doubt Borderlands is in production, we just don't know how far away it is.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
Take 2 has said that all of their future releases will have some form of microtransactions.

It will be interesting as to how Pitchford and Gearbox mitigate this on the core game design.

Presumably some form of emotes or just the character customisation items that were free in older games perhaps.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Take 2 has said that all of their future releases will have some form of microtransactions.

It will be interesting as to how Pitchford and Gearbox mitigate this on the core game design.

Presumably some form of emotes or just the character customisation items that were free in older games perhaps.
To be honest I think they've been mis-represented in some respects.

The full quote:
"The business, once upon a time, was a big chunky opportunity to engage for tens of hours, or perhaps a hundred hours. That has turned into ongoing engagement," says Zelnick. "Day after day, week after week. You fall in love with these titles, and they become part of your daily life.

"We've said that we aim to have recurrent consumer spending opportunities for every title that we put out at this company. It may not always be an online model, it probably won't always be a virtual currency model, but there will be some ability to engage in an ongoing basis with our titles after release across the board."

Perhaps I'm the one misinterpreting that, but it sounds to me like they're saying that all future games will have, at minimum, something like paid DLC - which Pitchford didn't argue against.

Sep 17, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Baltimore Ravens
To be honest I think they've been mis-represented in some respects.

The full quote:

Perhaps I'm the one misinterpreting that, but it sounds to me like they're saying that all future games will have, at minimum, something like paid DLC - which Pitchford didn't argue against.

We'll see. Considering almost every company has been posting massive microtransaction numbers in their recent financial reports I will be surprised if there isn't something purchasable on the character customisation side of things. There may have been some during the life cycle of BL2.

DLC is a certainty, BL2 was one of the best supported games DLC wise post release. It was incredibly lucrative, that will continue in the years after BL3 drops.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Gearbox has been a lot more active on social media recently. They've been handing out and selling lots of Borderlands merch.

Surely this means the game is right around the corner; it can't possible related to cleaning out unwanted inventory.
There were rumours of a September release with a June announcement. I don't believe it, but still.

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
this is pretty cool

31298764_1453811914723129_6956396543412413007_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back