Bored? Get in the #35 Spirit and have a go at Qooty!

Remove this Banner Ad

What on earth is Qooty?

Well, it's the off-season and aside from Ginni slogging 6's and earing up over selfies of Grundy and Treloar, I encourage you all to check out the Sweet FA at least once!

You likely have been approached before in the past, well here's your opportunity to join on your own accord and then leave whenever you want to (or stay because it's fun). This will give you the perfect out next time you get a PM and someone asks you to join - you can say you've already tried!

Anyway, Qooty is a simulated game of footy. You may have seen it on this board a few times and well, the Sweet FA is a league made up of over 300 posters across the forum who play in a regular competition which has a life of it's own.

For more information about what it is and how to get involved, click here:
lc5nuoy-png.550102

What is SFA?

Sweet FA is social fantasy football league based around the Qooty footy simulator.

Thirteen teams compete in two seasons each calendar year in a home-and-away format with finals, similar to AFL. Each week, teams engage with their opponents in the baattle of wits in dedicated match threads until the game is posted on each Sunday. Players can also get involved in media or other representative competitions played.

What is Qooty?

Qooty is a computer-simulated football game brought to Big Footya by Mobbs. Two teams of 20 players, 18 on field + 2 interchange, are entered into the sim and a football match is played through a series of random events. Commentary and stats are generated by the sim, which are posted in the match thread each Sunday during the season.

Why should I get involved?

Sweet FA offers a different experience on Big Footy to the main/club boards while staying true to its football core. This community has been existence nearly as long as Big Footy itself and over 250 posters participate each season. The league has a strong fantasy element with its own history, awards, media, characters and stories. Match threads typically resemble random discussion threads that you would find on club boards.

WHO ARE THE SWEET F.A CLUBS AND WHO ARE THE ARE THE KEY CONTACTS?

stjmyui-png.550107
offical-logo-png.1446595
28CIW3c01aa72ee6daa31.png
1627097117321-png.1185376
j8gukr6-png.1315468
27GCR2f10619722e7e6bc.png
1613154943692-png.1056722
Sweet FA Administration:

Kennedy Parker
manangatang
Ophidian Old Boys:

Tigerturbulance
Elton Johns Wig
Coney Island Warriors:

Tonga Bob
Dinsdale
East Side Phoenix:

thewizardmelon
Fighting Furies:

Pickitt
James Colorado
NaturalDisaster
Gold City Royals:

nahnah
CakeEater
Gumbies FFC:

DenieD
27LVBdc585cb1f9c2b45f.png
27MBD9e7c0d167fc10f77.png
1613154820705-png.1056721
27SCS807d2317babda465.png
27WON8c4b031cdc42d77d.png
27BOMa5cafab7df0cbfef.png
27DRA53059db217c79022.png
Las Vegas Bears:

JoshWoodenSpoon
tony
Mount Buller Demons:

manangatang
Roys FFC:

TedDougChris
Sin City Swamprats:

GremioPower
philreich
West Coast Wonders:

damicky
Frothies Mcveigh
Baghdad Bombers:

BLUEALLTHRU
KohPhi
Dragons FFC:

T2B_

Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I need to do anything?

Once signed up, all you need to do is show up week by week and, alongside your teammates, banter with the opposition. You may also choose to get involved in league media and volunteer roles.

Ok, so I read the above description and read some of the threads on the board, but I still don't really 'get' it.

For a more detailed description of the Sweet FA Concept, read the "Sweet FA Explained" thread in the useful links section below. You can also ask your captain, fellow teammates for help understanding it.

If you still don't understand, don't worry, that comes with time.
Season 35 starts this week and so in the spirit of Daicos continuing on the legacy, why not get involved and hopefully you can claim #35 at whichever club you sign up for!​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back