Bulldogs
Demons
Saints

Bottom 4:
Tigers
Kangaroos
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
A bit harsh on port and the pies. As for us, I'm almost willing to bet my account that we won't finish bottom 4.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
Top 4:
GWS
St. Kilda
Bulldogs
Melbourne

Bottom 4:
Richmond
Collingwood
Geelong
Hawthorn
Think you are getting a bit carried away there.:rolleyes: Not saying that there won't be improvement by some of those teams but think trading has changed things a fair bit which means a team like say Hawthorn will be thereabouts. Successful teams over a number of years most times seem to be able to attract players on the move. I'm just usung Hawthorn as an example of course!

Apr 29, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
2016:
Top 4: (1)West Coast, (2)Bulldogs, (3)Hawthorn, (4)Fremantle
Bottom 4: (15) St Kilda (16) Carlton (17) Brisbane (18) Essendon

2017:
Top 4: (1) Bulldogs (2) GWS (3) West Coast (4) Gold Coast
Bottom 4: (15) Brisbane (16) Geelong (17) North Melbourne (18) Essendon

Top 4: (1) GWS (2) Bulldogs (3) Gold Coast (4) Carlton
Bottom 4: (15) Geelong (16) Fremantle (17) Essendon (18) North Melbourne

One year on;

2016: Hawthorn were top 4 before the finals, finished fifth, WBD were 7th but went on to win. West Coast were fifth but finished 7th. Freo no where near it. As for the bottom four, got Essendon and Brisbane spot on, underestimated my Blueboys, but was only out by two spots, and underestemiated St Kilda.

2017: I wouldn't change a lot; besides taking Gold Coast out of the top 4 and putting them into the bottom 4. I'll take Geelong out and replace them with GC. I'll put Sydney in the top 4 in place of GC. Actually Richmond need to be bottom four somewhere, maybe take Essendon out as well
Top 4: (1) GWS (2) WBD (3) Sydney (4) WCE
Bottom 4 (18) Brisbane (17) Richmond (16) GC (15) North

2018: I'll keep roughly the same, I didnt expect Essendon to be rewarded for cheating with Pick #1 so I see them climbing out of the bottom #4. Fremantle won't be bottom 4 but i'll keep North and Geelong in there for now. Richmon will stay, and Brisbane probably arent getting fixed any time soon. As for the top #4, GC wont be there obviously; i'll back the Blues and think Melbourne will be the other side

Top 4: (1) GWS (2) Dogs (3) Melb (4) Carlton
Bottom 4: (18) North (17) Richmond (16) Geelong (15) Brisbane

One year on;

2016: Hawthorn were top 4 before the finals, finished fifth, WBD were 7th but went on to win. West Coast were fifth but finished 7th. Freo no where near it. As for the bottom four, got Essendon and Brisbane spot on, underestimated my Blueboys, but was only out by two spots, and underestemiated St Kilda.

2017: I wouldn't change a lot; besides taking Gold Coast out of the top 4 and putting them into the bottom 4. I'll take Geelong out and replace them with GC. I'll put Sydney in the top 4 in place of GC. Actually Richmond need to be bottom four somewhere, maybe take Essendon out as well
Top 4: (1) GWS (2) WBD (3) Sydney (4) WCE
Bottom 4 (18) Brisbane (17) Richmond (16) GC (15) North

2018: I'll keep roughly the same, I didnt expect Essendon to be rewarded for cheating with Pick #1 so I see them climbing out of the bottom #4. Fremantle won't be bottom 4 but i'll keep North and Geelong in there for now. Richmon will stay, and Brisbane probably arent getting fixed any time soon. As for the top #4, GC wont be there obviously; i'll back the Blues and think Melbourne will be the other side

Top 4: (1) GWS (2) Dogs (3) Melb (4) Carlton
Bottom 4: (18) North (17) Richmond (16) Geelong (15) Brisbane

AFL didn't expect the Wada ban, so prematurely stripped picks from the cheats. They can't really do it again.

They definitely could.. they wont because they've done everything to prop that club up during the whole process; but they should have

So what would be the justification given that they have already taken draft picks.
Are you suggesting they can continually punish for the same actions.

What i believe is that if WADA also applies to team sports they need to get their heads outside the olympics/cycing box and get a suitable system, which would also include performance based drafting after the year of penalty.

2018: I'll keep roughly the same, I didnt expect Essendon to be rewarded for cheating with Pick #1

:rolleyes: Ah yes, and what would you have liked? two years worth of first rounders, millions of dollars in fines, taken out of the finals when we had a certain first round one win, players copping a one year ban, first wooden spoon in 75 years. Keep beating the nonsensical drum FBI, we came last, we deserve the pick.

JRyan23

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Top 4 in 2020: 1. GWS, 2. Port 3. St. Kilda 4. Gold Coast
Bottom 4: Hawthorn, Geelong, Essendon, Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Mate... you're in for a rude awakening. There is at least a decade in the bottom 10-12 waiting for North Melbourne.

I have never understood this line of thinking. The average rebuild is 3-5 years. People who suggest a decade in the doldrums for a team are more hoping than predicting.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Mate... you're in for a rude awakening. There is at least a decade in the bottom 10-12 waiting for North Melbourne.
Like the dogs in 2014 after they sacked their coach and captain walked out? We aren't Carlton - a quick check of the history of the Afl will show you we are 1 team that doesn't stay at the bottom for long.

May 28, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Teams spend more than 5 years at the bottom because they rebuild once and the rebuild fails, so they need to do another. You can't possibly predict that with any confidence.
Agree - dees finally stopped butchering early draft picks and now on the move. Martin pick 3, Cotchin pick 2 will be 1 & 2 in their B&F this year. Nail your top picks and get lucky with some late gems and things turn quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back