Bottom > The Young Ones (feat Madness and other 80s music videos)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mondo Rock were one of my favourite bands from the 80s.

It was a party night, it was the end of school.

There's a reason I'd forgotten that one.

Anyway - isn't 2002 well past the nominal '80s???

That was a modern reboot from an 80s Spanish girl group La Tomato Sauce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to do radio shows on 3RPP when I was around 16/17.. I used to bing in my own records and had the 12 inch mix of this. Was my outro song, at 1am Monday mornings. I did 11pm sunday night and had to get a taxi home from the Mooroduc studios after 1AM. Amazing to think they let a 16/17 year old do a midnight shift alone, with noone else in the studio and I locked the joint up and got in a cab with my crate of records.

I also had a saturday afternoon slot.. I think 3-5PM I ended up getting kicked off air for 2 reasons. I had a mate who drove tanks in the Army and he said we can give out a prize to ride in a tank to callers who answered correctly some bloody question I don't remember. Turns out he didn't have the authority to make that happen, Station relics didn't like that and I also swore a bit too much on my sunday night show, 'Naughty Bits'.

My mate from the Army hung himself a few years later. His name was Nick, or Lights if he was a mate.

His suicide was nothing to do with the radio show.. He didnt give a s**t and was trolling me and everyone.

Spain came to the party with this song.

One of those songs greatly improved by the video clip. A lot of those in the noughties. Here's a couple I remember. I liked the videos so much, I ended up not minding the tune after some time! :eggplant:

Mmmm Faye Tozer

And Irish chicks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back