Society/Culture Bourke st incident ( again )

Remove this Banner Ad

**** me drunk members of the public trying to fight him with the cops :eek:
Drunk or f'n fed up? Id say that the general public have had a skin full of these pr1cks. The Victorian Government has cow towed to these people long enough. It's time to put the lives of everyday people ahead of the legal rights of Daniel Andrews voters.

is it possible that trolley-man and chair-man acted because they believed that the police were taking too long?
It's definitely possible. But you would have to ask them. Some people (thankfully) are of the character to confront adversity at risk of themselves. It's commendable, if somewhat stupid. And I'm in no way casting aspersions on those whose natural reaction is self preservation. It's just reality.

is it possible that trolley-man and chair-man acted because they believed that the police were taking too long?

Any real man in the area would act in a similar way to try to help the situation. The cops did appear helpless by all their dancing around dodging his attacks.

The unveiling of the Myer Christmas windows was due to open this evening at 6pm 200 meters west down the road

Thousands more would have been in the Bourke street Mall

Could this have been the intended target of the perp but he got his timing wrong and location?

I have no idea yet literally mention the drug they give people for anxiety and depression in Australia today? lol. Anyone who thinks MENTAL ILLNESS can be cured by drugs literally thinks there is a right "chemical concotion" that can turn a terrorist into Apu. There are already people in here claiming the guy is "mentally ill" and not doing it for political reasons because that is what they want to believe.

People would rather believe there are insane people out there that randomly kill people rather than understand that there is an actual ideology that promotes and rewards it.

Drugs don't ever cure anyone of anything. They lessen symptoms, dull pain receptors, rebalance seratonin levels or whatever. But cure? Nah, drugs can't do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder what the stats are for how many people in the west think it’s okay to drop bombs in the Middle East. I’d say it’s quite high

I would say the opposite although Hillary and Obama didn't seem to have a problem with it.

BTW really classy professor.

Any real man in the area would act in a similar way to try to help the situation. The cops did appear helpless by all their dancing around dodging his attacks.

Any real man? You mean possibly make the situation worse for police who are trying to get the situation under control by just being in the way? Wrong choice of username as your posts suggest you are far from that.

Maybe there's a lesson in that, then? More intensive hand-to-hand training for Aussie cops might be a go?
You would rather this guy alive than dead? I would be ok for that if Australia had a quick death penalty option for cases like this. But it doesn't so street justice is the only way to get real justice in Australia.

Drunk or f'n fed up? Id say that the general public have had a skin full of these pr1cks. The Victorian Government has cow towed to these people long enough. It's time to put the lives of everyday people ahead of the legal rights of Daniel Andrews voters.
Fight or Flight.

Crashed , lit fire in car , stayed in car , stabbed bystanders who came to check on him ?? Also punches or stabs cop while still sitting in his car ?? , jumps out , bystanders back up cops , bang ??...

We don't know the exact time-breakdown of events yet , may never know now seeing it's been confirmed terror incident , which i assume will bring it under certain security/media laws ( shrugs )

I'm surprised to hear you say that Shan. With the available knowledge at the scene for the police, and considering the weapon was lower end threat level (machete or axe different story) I thought the police did a terrific job to hold their nerve and attempt to calm the attacker down and use non-lethal force if possible.

Not only that, they didn’t shoot each other and they didn’t shoot any members of the public.

This is Bourke Street at 4pm on a Friday afternoon.

Anyone advocating the police empty their magazines ASAP is an idiot.

Any real man? You mean possibly make the situation worse for police who are trying to get the situation under control by just being in the way? Wrong choice of username as your posts suggest you are far from that.

Yeah those two cops dancing around like they are practicing ballet are real men? Thank god one cop finally got his gun out. Two real men, bystanders in the area saw the situation needed help and tried to provide it. Get back to the corner beta guy.

It's definitely possible. But you would have to ask them. Some people (thankfully) are of the character to confront adversity at risk of themselves. It's commendable, if somewhat stupid. And I'm in no way casting aspersions on those whose natural reaction is self preservation. It's just reality.
I would not advocate anyone intervene when police are on the scene. Someone else just commented that the three that were stabbed may have been trying to prevent him from exploding the car and gas cylinders, but that was before the cops arrived.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back