Bowers takes on Roar CEO position

Remove this Banner Ad

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Well, well, well.........

Only 6 months ago this was the article saying Bowers would not be taking over.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...at-brisbane-roar/story-e6frepmf-1226006569832

Now today he is... I know it is not permanent currently, but we all know how hard it is to get him out of a seat.:D

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...of-brisbane-roar/story-e6frep5o-1226141665696

Seems Mr Bowers likes to take on a club straight after they win a Premiership:eek:

Good luck to the Roar, I think you might need it.

Chasing the Dream

I'm Matthew Campbell from Sportsbet
Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - Ryan Harwood 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Daniel Merrett 2008 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Simon Black 2010 Player Sponsor
Sep 29, 2004
The GABBA is my home
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Jets, Padres, USC, Utah Jazz
Black away kit will be nice and cool for a Sunday afternoon game;)

Thought that top part was from the article, was about to throw up. Turns out it's just irel's opinion. ;)

Sure donald. MO. ;)
vomit.png

possum8

All Australian
Mar 30, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I met bowers at a roar event, i won't say where or when but he is a bit of a spin master. I asked him about the lions jersey and he he said that it was put to the board and the final decision was not his. Also pointed out that it looked like a paddle pop lion, which he chuckled at.

However i did tell him i liked the roars new jerseys and we shouldn't change it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back