Box Hill Punt Road 11.30 30/6/18 Tigers TV Stream

Remove this Banner Ad

Was Lloyd played on a back flank to see if he could be Vlas replacement? I think KMac needs another run in the twos.
No obvious Conca replacement - except for the fact that Prestia is back in the team. Slight reshuffle of positions with Moore, Bolton or Stengle in at this stage.
I would suggest that was the case.
KMac is a massive unit and so strong , but his disposal was poor. Nothing gets passed him , but he coughs it up too often.
If he was a race horse you’d back him on looks , but that’s about it. As you say I think he needs another week at VFL if Houli comes back , otherwise he may play. .

Most likely Garthwaite will com in for Vlastuin and Ellis for Conca
But i would love to see Bolton & Moore get a game based on todays performance
No way CEllis plays. He’s not hard enough to play the way we do. He just accumulates cheap possessions on the outside and has no spread bc he can’t gut run. Lloyd and Kmac are well before him.

Corey Ellis had a team high 27 possessions .
Irrelevant as they’re just low impact and hurt free. CEllis lacks fire in his belly and needs to hit contests harder. In a game like Thursday night he would be blown off the park with the fire and heat.
He could get 270 possessions and it would mean nothing. I’m not sure if you watch games or just look at stat sheets bc there’s a massive difference.
I rated Naish and Bakers games ahead of his and they wouldn’t have touched it as often.

Irrelevant as they’re just low impact and hurt free. CEllis lacks fire in his belly and needs to hit contests harder. In a game like Thursday night he would be blown off the park with the fire and heat.
He could get 270 possessions and it would mean nothing. I’m not sure if you watch games or just look at stat sheets bc there’s a massive difference.
I rated Naish and Bakers games ahead of his and they wouldn’t have touched it as often.
celis will be delisted in a couple of months time

Hope Snippa is ok. Looked nasty. Bolton looks class above, would like him to string a run of good games together before picking him. Anyone know what his form has been like pre-bye?

3rd good game ina row
4th, since he came back from the corkie he's been good. Played midfield time every game too.

This is a good call. Garth held his own against Geelong, he could be handy against the Crows talls, then play Broad as the Vlastuin role who pushes up the ground.
Yep, but rather than up the ground Broad will take over the Vlastuin spare man/intercept marking role.

I only see Lolyd as forward he aren't no midfielder or back flanker for me simple as that.Had his chances rather see kids take his spot.

How did menadue go today? Dimma must be disappointed with Corey Ellis today... had a big opportunity to state his claim for concas spot
Menadue was solid-23 touches not many of those line breaking runs off hb though.

CEllis had 26 touches. Few people I was with reckon he played well enough to come in for Concs. He has improved but imo doesn’t have the size/speed/ 2 way running to be a AFL mid. Conca has his faults but runs hard defensively as well as finding plenty of it.

I thought Bolton was explosive in the 2nd half- had 22 touches and reckon most of them would have been after half time. He definitely has AFL attributes - quick, evasive, xfactor and surprisingly strong one on one

Last edited:
Menadue was solid-23 touches not many of those line breaking runs off hb though.

CEllis had 26 touches. Few people I was with reckon he played well enough to come in for Concs. He has improved but imo doesn’t have the size/speed/ 2 way running to be a AFL mid. Conca has his faults but runs hard defensively as well as finding plenty of it.

I thought Bolton was explosive in the 2nd half- had 22 touches and reckon most of them would have been after half time. He definitely has AFL attributes - quick, evasive, xfactor and surprisingly strong one on one
Thanks mate for the feedback... I would love to see Bolton picked then and take over Higgins role... Higgins to take over concas role. Shame about Corey Ellis, it’s almost as he needs a fire cracker up his ass pre game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Soldo guys go ?. Back from injury.Gez I like Moore I know his kicking on goal needs improving,but like what he offers.

Maybe we should develop Bolton as a midfielder type pushing forward like Rioli built his tank up.I agree his biggest problem is he goes missing maybe in guts he won't.

Silvestro.
Everyone needs a wingman like him.

Do people realise this kids old man played for Sydney in the 80’s? Comes from good stock.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Bolton played midfield today and Moore was everywhere
Well the AFL side is a lot more structured than that I don't think they'll be playing "everywhere"

I'm not against those players, but they would force a fairly big change or structure and I'm not sure we want to be messing with that.

Thanks mate for the feedback... I would love to see Bolton picked then and take over Higgins role... Higgins to take over concas role. Shame about Corey Ellis, it’s almost as he needs a fire cracker up his ass pre game
I’m not being critical of Coreys performance yesterday he played well just saying I don’t think he has what it takes to replace either Concs or Vlas this week or play AFL mid long term

Just an opinion though I’m sure plenty would disagree and I suppose from the other point of view you need to reward VFL form

I’d bring in Bolton and Moore or Garth this week

VFL 2018: Richmond hands Box Hill 47-point loss to leave Hawks clinging to top-eight spot
LAST time they met was in a preliminary final.

Fast-forward nearly 12 months and one side is again a premiership threat and the other is clinging to its place in the top eight.

Box Hill was left to rue a second half fade-out in its 47-point loss against premiership favourite Richmond at the Swinburne Centre on Saturday.

THE TOP VFL DRAFT PROSPECTS OF 2018

SANDRINGHAM TAKES DOWN BOROUGH

WILLIAMSTOWN SKIPPER REACHES 250-GAME MILESTONE

The Hawks matched it with the rampaging Tigers to lead by three points at halftime but could manage just one goal in the second half as Richmond strolled to its ninth win of the season.

The Tigers kicked the first five goals of the third term to put the home side on course for victory before a major in time-on from Hawk James Cousins cut the margin to a manageable 16 points at the final change.

But any hopes Box Hill had of turning the momentum around were quickly evaporated by midway through the final term when Brandon Wood put Richmond 29 points up as last year’s grand finalists finished with a 14.11 (95) to 6.12 (48) win.

Box Hill captain Andrew Moore said the result showed why Richmond is the benchmark of the competition.

“It was pleasing to see we were able to match it in that first half but I suppose that shows where we are at and where they are at,” Moore said.

“We love coming up against the best in the competition but although we were able to match it in the first half, we weren’t able to continue that form and continue that consistency.”

Moore said Box Hill was powerless to stop Richmond’s momentum in the second half.

“Whether that’s through fatigue or concentration or something like that but the game did open up and they got the ball moving, they like to get it in on that live play and get on instinct,” he said.

“Once they get going they are a pretty hard team to stop but that first 10 minutes in that third term was probably almost the difference in the end.”

After starting the season undefeated from its opening four games, the result means Box Hill has recorded just two wins since Round 5.

The Hawks sit in eighth on the ladder courtesy of their percentage with a 6-5 record ahead of next weekend’s fixture against Footscray at Etihad Stadium, which will be played as an AFL curtain raiser.

How has Drummond been going? Liked what I saw of him before the first knee. Any chance he'll ever get near AFL level again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

How has Drummond been going? Liked what I saw of him before the first knee. Any chance he'll ever get near AFL level again?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk[/
Didn’t play against Hawks
Been really struggling previous weeks playing a few different roles, including as a defensive forward but his numbers have been average

IMO will be cut at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back