News Box Hill season 2022 news thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's your take on Clint houdinihuddo?
I briefly listened to Clint at the 1/4 and 3/4 time breaks a couple of times and was impressed by his clear messaging. Also Andy Otten has really impressed me at the BHH and the HFC training so 2022 is looking very promising for the development of players. I like the appointment given Clint's experience as detailed in the following extract.

[FORMER St Albans playing coach Clint Proctor has taken a massive step in his coaching journey after being appointed to lead VFL club Box Hill Hawks.

Proctor, who was in charge at the Supersaints in 2013-14, has been elevated to the position made vacant by Sam Mitchell taking the top job at Box Hill’s AFL alignment partner Hawthorn.

After leaving St Albans, Proctor, who played at VFL level with Williamstown and Frankston, was appointed coach of Tasmanian State League Burnie Dockers.

He spent three years in the Apple Isle before returning to Victoria to take an assistant coaching role at Williamstown.

Proctor spent two years at the Seagulls and a year with the Northern Blues ahead of joining Box Hill for the 2021 season.

“Clint is an amazing cultural fit and has proven this over the course of 2021, building strong relationships with Box Hill players and staff as well as doing some strong work developing Hawthorn-listed players,” Hawthorn GM – VFL & VFLW Daniel Napoli told Box Hill’s website.

“He’s a level 3 accredited coach who sees the game really well and has had experience coaching his own side at state league level.”

Proctor’s appointment has also got the stamp of approval from Mitchell.

“Having worked alongside Clint this year, I was really impressed with his tactical nous and his unrelenting desire to develop his players,” Mitchell said.

“He’s had some really strong experiences throughout his coaching career to date, so we felt he was very much ready to take on this next challenge.

“With Hawthorn drafting two Box Hill-listed players this year, we saw the benefit of the relationship, and I have full faith in Clint’s ability to make the Hawthorn-Box Hill connection even greater.”]

It's sad to know Killa has retired from VFL footy at the age of 24. He has been a consistently good player over his time playing for the BHH and a terrific clubman. He is a quality young man and I'll miss seeing him around the club.

The video on the link below gives you a good insight into Killa. It includes highlights of our extra time final win against Port Melbourne after Killa forced the ball forward to Ollie Hanrahan to level the scores seconds before the siren.

caseman2

Team Captain
Mar 31, 2008
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Shame about Killer - should have got more recognition for his influence at VFL level and at times significantly more game time .

As for this coming season, important we resign Greene, Porter, Deluca and Phillips. And just quietly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks rookie Greene after the season he had.

And without having any insider knowledge, i'm going to guess on of our first off-season signings is going to be Joel Garner recently delisted by the Power.

Last edited:

Mynott on the move after his good mate Dylan Moore ended up being too good to be in the Magoos?

Jeff and Tim Vanderloo on the BHH board. VFLW team to be Box Hill against with the Hawks getting the AFLW nod.

Mar 8, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill FC
Box Hill Hawks are in talks with delisted Western Bulldog, Ben Cavarra according to the HS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back