Game Day Box Hill v Essendon practice match

Remove this Banner Ad

My mates are all Essendon so they dragged me there to the VFL and it didn’t matter who was playing on Ramsden. His athleticism, clean hands and accurate kicking place him about 300% better than Kosi for mine! I was really impressed with him.

Him alongside Lewis, is starting to look like Roughie and Franklin. For sure its a different thing to play 1s and one game like that in the VFL may not get him a 1s spot., but his talent is better than Mitch Lewis’s was, at the same stage, for mine

Scrimshaw literally played half a quarter on Voss, if that, and Voss out marked him once, maybe twice. Voss kicked 3 or 4 (hardly a bag), mostly on DGB! who plays a lock down role. But Voss is the closest thing to Jonathon Brown that Ive seen. That kid can play!

But that comment really annoys me TBH! It shows a lack of understanding of our defensive structure. Scrim is not a lock down player who “plays on” a set player. Thats because he has elite ball use and intercept skills.

Once or twice youll see our lock down backs get blocked or caught out and Scrim will stand toe toe with key frwds and win some, lose some. But when he loses one, all of a sudden thats “his” man, to some nuffies on here, who play broken records, then others hum the same tune!

Please, someone other than me, explain the difference between DGBs/Blanke and Frosties role vs Scrim/CJ/Impey/Day, so that broken record can finally be tossed out!

My view on our loss is…we lost Gunston, McEvoy, Mitchell and Omeara, had Scrim, Morrison and Lewis out injured and replace them with young talented kids. The club clearly communicated what they are doing. What did you expect?

The effort always drops after a young team starts to get beaten. It will take time for them to build confidence, get stronger and be able to play 4 quarters.

I bet you all were excited like me, at qtr time! Cut them some slack! There will be more like that, but in the not too distant future, that pre-2008 excitement will return.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So defending is a team thing you cover for your fellow defenders. If you are matched on a player at a contest. Then for that contest he is your man. There are attacking defenders in the league but you still need to be able to defend. Bramble is in the same boat.

Yeah nah, that's not what I saw. But we all see things differently, that's ok.

However if you're worried about people parroting nuffie rubbish, then I'm not sure about declaring Ramsden and Lewis will be like Buddy & Rough! :)
Screw you stemmers, I’m running with it! 🥳

Positive stuff especially about the smaller forwards . Really good to read that .

My mate went for a look . He was actually tracking Ramsden ( no idea why he is in player development )
Anyway reckons he is a freak and we should play him sooner rather than later , its very high praise from him .

He is the holmes of this draft we were very keen on Holmes and Geelong jumped in front of us to pinch him. Geelong were keen on BMAC and we jumped in front of them to pick him. BMAC is still a work in progress. I spoke to him at training. I told him he just needs to compose himself before kicking it. He basically said yep before I could finish what I was saying and said that he was working really hard on specifically getting balanced before kicking it when he is running at top pace. He is very exciting player to watch in full flight
Love it
…. 4218C256-8C2E-46A4-8832-873F226FEEFA.jpeg A85D9628-F577-4EAE-8DAE-385DEF01B2E0.jpeg

Last edited:
So defending is a team thing you cover for your fellow defenders. If you are matched on a player at a contest. Then for that contest he is your man. There are attacking defenders in the league but you still need to be able to defend. Bramble is in the same boat.

You couldnt explain their roles then?

You couldnt explain their roles then?

When the opposition are attacking its everyone's role to defend (especially for those actually playing in defence). Their roles change when we have the ball. It is the reason Sam has talked about focusing on our ability to defend transition. Too many not focused and or flustered players lost our structures and didn't defend in round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back