v
Port Melbourne

Saturday 15th May
@ Box Hill City Oval

Seniors at 2:00pm
(Development
Team 11:00am)
3WBC 94.1FM

"Good evening ladies and gentleman, this is your Captain speaking." Hang on, I'm stealing Cheeseman's thunder here ;)* Anyhow!

It's that time of week again- start thinking about the next Box Hill game!

Firstly an apology- I was unable to attend last week because of illness and infact I won't be making an appearence in at the office until tomorrow and hence can provide no match report, news or whether the beautiful Nat of 3WBC fame is still boundary riding :D Good news is that I'm feeling a heap better though. No that isn't me in the pics.:D
citizen_journalist.jpg

private-investigator-6.jpg

So thanks to those that attended and provided invaluable match reports! It was great to get back on a winners list!

Anyhow, the very good news is I plan to be there on Saturday armed with my footy record and notepad to try and make up for it- look for the person looking like a tryhard journo ;) Perhaps I can approach the club in my best Sherlock Holmes disguise and ask for a freelance writing/photography gig. haha!

It was fantastic to hear of 3 Box Hill legends coming back to the club to share their experiences with the current playing group and a hearty pasta too. See separate thread on this forum and the link to the Box Hill Hawks official website.:thumbsu:
*With apologies to Cheeseman for getting in before the gun!

Been suggested elsewhere that because Port Melb are a stand-alone team, Box Hill is only allowed 12 AFL blokes in its senior team?

I s'pose between 4 and 7 of the Hawthorn blokes won't play anyway, due to Hawthorn playing on Sunday.

Can we demote a few like Savage/Sierakowski/Williams to the Development squad to keep our numbers under 12?

I would hope the 12 we play in the seniors (if fit/not selected for Haawthorn) is:

Shiels, Moss, JKT, Osborne, Morton, Dowler, Lisle, Breust, Ladson, Murphy and Stokes

Can we demote a few like Savage/Sierakowski/Williams to the Development squad to keep our numbers under 12?

I would hope the 12 we play in the seniors (if fit/not selected for Haawthorn) is:

Shiels, Moss, JKT, Osborne, Morton, Dowler, Lisle, Breust, Ladson, Murphy and Stokes

Stokes is playing for Hawthorn this week.

In: Burgoyne, Skipper, Mitchell, Franklin, Stokes
Out: Chance Bateman (susp), Rick Ladson, Jarryd Morton, Liam Shiels, Ryan Schoenmakers

Bh 8.7.55 to port 8.6.54

heaps of hawks players

6 hawks played in dev team anyone to report?

Big positives thus far have been lisle dowler at fb and shoey at hb

Many senior players r here including the austn George clooney- Josh Gibson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bh 8.7.55 to port 8.6.54

heaps of hawks players

6 hawks played in dev team anyone to report?

Big positives thus far have been lisle dowler at fb and shoey at hb

Many senior players r here including the austn George clooney- Josh Gibson

Lisle just can't crack the senior team for some reason.

Good to hear Dowler's going well. Schoen at half back? Interesting. Was he on a third tall or just running off half back?

Lisle just can't crack the senior team for some reason.

Good to hear Dowler's going well. Schoen at half back? Interesting. Was he on a third tall or just running off half back?
Another loss by 3pts.. Morton couldn't kick a goal if he had to walk it through the two middle sticks!!
Sounded like Osborne wasn't much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back