Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 8, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill FC
From AFLVIC site: Thursday night game!

Thur 1st April 2010 VFL Seniors Werribee Tigers Box Hill Hawks Chirnside Park 5:45 PM​
Thur 1st April 2010 VFL Reserves Werribee Tigers Box Hill Hawks Chirnside Park 7:30 PM

i'll be there! why the hell are they not playing at box hill......look forward to seeing:

whiteX
dowler
tuck
grimley
lisle

also, i hope rioli plays on monday, may see burgoyne get a run here for a half

go clinton young!

I am involved with Werribee and those starts times don't look correct.

Checked with our general manager today and was told that the reserves are 5:30 then seniors are at 7:30?

Both games will be of three quarters duration.

Definitely today! Also told 5.45 start with a 6 quarter game for BHH. Not necessarily straight senior reserves teams. Mixing it up over the course of the quarters.

Seniors
Werribee Tigers 9.5.59
Box Hill Hawks 10.6.66

Reserves
Werribee Tigers 16.5.101
Box Hill Hawks 8.7.55

Reserves kicked off proceedings this evening around 5.45pm and played three quarters. Seniors followed at around 8.00pm, also three quarters. About six players were subbed on for the third quarter of the reserves and carried on into the Seniors match.

Not sure if scores mean anything with shifting teams, but Box Hill reserves lost by a fair margin, although the game’s momentum changed with the last qtr subs. Seniors won by around 8 points, good intensity for a practice match.

Best news of the night, Clinton Young is back!! Played all three qtrs, looks as good as new. Ran all night, everytime he got the ball he was looking to wheel around onto his left foot. Kicked a beautiful long goal. Can’t wait to see him back at Hawthorn.

Whitecross- played all 3 qtrs, no problems, part of the rotations.

I liked all the younger players, what a year coming up watching them develop.

Stratton – A great pick-up for Hawthorn. Doesn’t appear to impose himself on the game, but then you’ll notice he’s in the right place to effortlessly spoil his opponent and move the ball out of the back-line. Smart player.

Luke Breust, Taylor Duryea , Wil Sierakowski, Jordan Williams and Michael Johnston all played.

No Grimley, Dowler, Muston (was there, bandage on knee) or Savage.

Rucks were Renton and James Orr, both impressed. Hayden Kiel suffered a knee injury.

For the opposition.
Werribee reserves - Wearing no. 3 and sporting a shaved head was Mitch Thorp.

But all the attention was drawn to his team-mate, Majak Daw. North supporters must be very excited by this player, definitely has that ‘x’ factor. Still very raw, but plenty of potential. Rotated between forward and ruck he did it all, took species, kicked goals and laid the big tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Senior Game Scores: BHH 3.3 21 6.4.40 10.6.66

W'BEE 2.0.12 6.1.37 9.5.59

The game was played at a fast pace and the pressure and tackling by both sides made it a very strong physical game. Werribee had 6 Roos [Kennedy, MacMillan, Meredith, O'Keefe, Speight & Tarrant] and BHH had 8 Hawks [Breust, Duryea, Johnston, Sierakowski, Stratton, Whitecross, Williams & Young]. Judging by the high standard of the game the first round clash between BHH and Werribee should be a great contest and could well be a must see game of Aussie rules.

Orchids to scout for his post on the game and players. Clinton Young is indeed back. A feature of his 2 practice games has been his pressure and tackling which will make him a more complete player so fasten your seat belts for his return to the Hawks team. I was impressed by Ben Stratton's ability to read the play and stand tall in a contest. He moves well and with experience he will become a good running defender. I thought Brendon Whitecross was the standout AFL listed player in last week's game against Williamstown and he was good this week. He is balanced, a strong competitor and a good team player. Luke Breust played a good game offensively and defensively and is developing well. Jordan Williams showed some goods sign last week and was better this week. He has very good skills and a lot of potential. Taylor Duryea, Michael Johnston and Will Sierakowski all contributed and I look forward to watching their development.

All the BHH players contributed to what was a very good win. Experienced players Luke Ablett, Marco Bello, Ed Curnow, Steve Kenna and Brad Neil all played well and look set for very good seasons as do Sam Gibson and Cam Pedersen who did not play. Young recruit Jayden Hoegel stood out with his strong tackling and his ability to win the ball in a contest. The down side of the game was key players Ryan Jackson, Hayden Kiel and Shaun Pollard suffered leg injuries and must be in doubt for round 1. Ryan only played in the 3rd term of the development game and both Hayden and Shaun left the ground in the 1st term of the senior game so the seniors did well to cover for the injuries.

Development Game Scores: BHH 2.3 15 5.5.35 8.8.56

W'BEE 5.2.32 11.3.69 16.5.101

The scores are a fair indication of Werribee's control of the game due to a combination of their strong defensive pressure and our poor disposal skills by hand and foot. Our turnovers were costly however I'm sure our young players will learn a lot from the pressure applied in the Williamstown and Werribee games. We have had a very good preparation for our 1st round clash with Werribee and I'm confident we will be far more competitive when 4 points are at stake.

Roos Majak Daw and Matt Scott played the 3 terms and Hawk Michael Johnston played the 3rd term.

I agree with scout that Majak Daw is very exciting to watch. I observed him at the State Draft Screening and he impressed me as a terrific young man who has a lot of talent. He is a very raw talent a bit like Nic Naitanui and I hope he develops into an AFL player. I thought Dylan Van Unen played a very good game on Mitch Thorp and was one of our best players.

Thanks for the info on Daw, seems to be going along nicely, had a good game last week as well. While still a development player, the club doesn't seem to think he will take the three years they initially believed it would take to get him ready for AFL which is a positive for the kid and the club.

Thanks for the reports.

Good news on WhiteX. He is becoming more assured each outing. I am liking the cut of his jib.

Who played full back? Last week it was Pederson. I reckon he is more value up the ground where he can run around.

Shaun Pollard played full back until he was injured and then Ben Stratton was our main key defender. Michael Thompson who played in the DS game received a late call up and competed well. I thought Peddo was very good down back last week and against Sandy and he will probably be required to play as a key defender because of injuries to Polly and Ben Kennedy who played well against the Northern Bullants.

Great reports, fellas. Thanks.

I hope the good news continues so as our Box Hill Hawks have a great 2010.

He played in our reserves side and wasn't too bad, most importantly he got through the game unscathed as it was his first game of any kind for 2010.

Strut? You might have to fill me in on that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back