Box Hill v Williamstown?

Mar 8, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill FC
* Saturday 28th March VS Williamstown at Whitten Oval 10:00am & 12:30pm (from Box Hill website)

Anyone planning to attend the practice match between BH & Willi today? It would be great to get a few reports. Hopefully Thorp, Dowler, Kennedy, Lisle, Moss etc wil be playing.

Mar 8, 2007
Tassie
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill FC
This from a Western Bulldogs online forum. http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4501

Looks like the Box Hill lads lost by 4 or 5 goals, but Williamstown had a heap more AFL listed players from the Dogs.

The follwing instilled me with a sense of deja vous.

"Of note for Box Hill, Dowler really struggled and tried to wrestle Grant at one stage and Thorp came off wrapped in ice and limping badly."

debranche

Debutant
Aug 26, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
this from a western bulldogs online forum. http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4501

looks like the box hill lads lost by 4 or 5 goals, but williamstown had a heap more afl listed players from the dogs.

"of note for box hill, dowler really struggled and tried to wrestle grant at one stage and thorp came off wrapped in ice and limping badly."

yikes

Thorpe was kamikaze in his efforts at the contest. Was playing well up forward, but once again he required the attention of the medics, and slowly limped his way around the boundary line, back to the bench. Unfortunately, down the other end another Box Hill player was lying concussed after being driven into the ground in a tackle.

Dowler played as a defender.

Jordan Lisle – started in the backline, had trouble sticking to his man. After Thorp went off, Lisle was moved up forward where he looks more comfortable. Nice kick for goal, and got in front on the lead a number of times, although Adem Yze seemed to be the preferred target.

Hawthorn players in the Seniors; Dowler, Thorp, Morton, Moss, Josh Kennedy, Lisle, Sierakowski, Milne, Kiel & Bruest. Hugh Sandilands and Ben Kennedy had a run in the Reserves.

Scores seemed to be close until Williamstown kicked away in the last quarter. Whitten Oval provided warm conditions, much easier than the heat and wind of last week. Practice match means they're still playing with about 8 on the bench and a heap of rotations.

Dannerz

All Australian
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Aston Villa
I hate to make the comparison, but Thorp seems to be like Josh Thurgood. Both were fearless at the contest and would put there body on the line, but seemingly always coming off second best.

Dannerz

All Australian
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Aston Villa
That would seem to be the key for Thorp.

I presume he hasn't added much size so far as the club would have him building up core strength before they try to add significant muscle.

Splodge15

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thurgood's efforts were all about trying to make the most out of his ability.

Thorp has the ability, but we are yet to see the mental application of it yet.

Mervyn Beasley

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 12, 2007
Yarraville
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hibs FC, Blackburn Rovers
Live nearby and with no previous knowledge of the game being on I noticed they were playing whilst out and about.
Nipped home to finish my chores, gathered the kids and headed down to watch the last qtr and a half only to find game over due to early start:mad:

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
This from a Western Bulldogs online forum. http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=4501

Looks like the Box Hill lads lost by 4 or 5 goals, but Williamstown had a heap more AFL listed players from the Dogs.

"Of note for Box Hill, Dowler really struggled and tried to wrestle Grant at one stage and Thorp came off wrapped in ice and limping badly."

:(:(:(

Back