VFL Game Day Box Hill vs Essendon, Box Hill City Oval, 24/06/18 @ 2:10 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Last year I thought Hind would be a great addition to our list and then someone asked me ‘Who does he replace?’ in regards to size, ability and role for the team and to be honest the only name that comes to mind is Zaharakis.

Could easily take Greens position.

I thought that but isn't he used off half back? Green is a goal sneak, clear as day (not that he does it). Would Hind be a goal sneak though?

I haven’t seen him there other than the odd rotation but he clearly has the attributes, they just like his run and dash off half back for some reason. Maybe just due to a large number of AFL listed forwards ahead of him plus Youhan and Boyse most weeks as well.

I think he’d be similar to Fantasia in style, push up and counter over the back, in tandem with Orazio would be very effective IMO.

Bloody good result to beat Boxe Hille away particularly after the start.

Does go some way to addressing the flat track bully tag.

I'm eagerly awaiting the replay.

Don't watch the channel 7 app replay. Appalling to have more ads than replay during the key moments of the last quarter.

Don't watch the channel 7 app replay. Appalling to have more ads than replay during the key moments of the last quarter.
Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) ;)

UiKzqTs.png

mksKQyb.png

Tell me more.
Didn't work for some reason (even though it does when I watch things on Tenplay and SBS on Demand).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone but Lav had 10 disposals or more. Surprised Lazarro only had 15, made a good impression.

What I like is his second efforts and his efforts to block and Shepherd. Made a couple of mistakes but quickly made an effort to be involved again and chase.

What I like is his second efforts and his efforts to block and Shepherd. Made a couple of mistakes but quickly made an effort to be involved again and chase.
Yep. We generally don't get much out of 23rd players. The last good one we had IMO was Ferry.

For those who will quote me with Heppell, I am aware he played as a 23rd player for us. However he wasn't great while being that and developed much more later on.

Yep. We generally don't get much out of 23rd players. The last good one we had IMO was Ferry.

For those who will quote me with Heppell, I am aware he played as a 23rd player for us. However he wasn't great while being that and developed much more later on.

Wasn't Stringer our 23rd man back in the day?

Wasn't Stringer our 23rd man back in the day?
Yeah, but I don't really count that. That was purely because the Pioneers had * all prospects worthy of being 23rd player, they weren't going to play finals (whilst we were a chance and ended up playing two finals) and he hadn't played champs IIRC so we managed to get him in for more exposure. Ferry was a genuine gun 23rd Player but his dicky knees have ruined any chance of an AFL listing.

Yeah, but I don't really count that. That was purely because the Pioneers had **** all prospects worthy of being 23rd player, they weren't going to play finals (whilst we were a chance and ended up playing two finals) and he hadn't played champs IIRC so we managed to get him in for more exposure. Ferry was a genuine gun 23rd Player but his dicky knees have ruined any chance of an AFL listing.

I'll admit I was disappointed that Podhajski was playing as the 23rd at Coburg, thought being from Cannons he'd likely fall in our area. He must live just on the wrong side of a road Scotty West style.

I'll admit I was disappointed that Podhajski was playing as the 23rd at Coburg, thought being from Cannons he'd likely fall in our area. He must live just on the wrong side of a road Scotty West style.
Barring Father-Son's all Calder players go to Coburg.

Really? Why's that? Where do we get ours from?
There has to be an alignment. We generally get ours from our own list. We've had Sheahan, Crosbie, Harrison and Lazzaro so far this season. Joel Grace and Kalan Huntly are two that may get the chance later in the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back