Boxer Tests Positive to Clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

Isnt Clenbuterol for cutting weight ?

Why would a Heavyweight use it ?

But he's confused and... doesn't know what it means... and he'll seek legal advice. :drunk:

Lucas Browne‏@bigdaddybrowne1
I don’t understand today’s news, and I’m seeking legal advice...

I read "I don't understand" in the context that he thought he was clean - if you read his twitter comments in the article, he even talks about making sure his opponent was clean, and tested. Of course, they all say they are clean, but who knows at this point - you'd think he'll be testing the B sample.

Quite bizarre, from my knowledge it would not aid a heavy weight at all. It is a cutting agent and is most unadvantageous to use whilst competing as it labours the cardiovascular system and raises ones body temperature.

Quite bizarre, from my knowledge it would not aid a heavy weight at all. It is a cutting agent and is most unadvantageous to use whilst competing as it labours the cardiovascular system and raises ones body temperature.

It has a dual function. Cutting fat AND building muscle mass. The absence of a weight limit for heavys doesn't mean that lean muscle mass is not a positive. Useless weight gets heavy as a fight progresses. Useful weight is a far better investment of the energy it requires to carry it around.

A drug which allows heavier training and eating lots of weight gain free fuel to support it sounds good.

With the advantage of having a choice of several excuses which have been known to work at least some of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh dear.

Perhaps another athlete has fallen victim of stupid drug dealers who cut a relatively cheap and plentiful party drug with a much harder to obtain and more expensive PED.....
It's got me stuffed why our players got it if they did indeed source it. They were hardly Dean Rioli types.

Clenbuterol is one hell of a drug.

Equine asthma medication - opens up the airways and allows additional oxygen into the red blood cells. Drug of choice for endurance athletes.

Also from what I have read it is one hell of a dangerous drug - dosages are in micrograms - get it wrong or have a slightly lower tolerance, if you are lucky you are simply in for a really rough day. Shakes, sweats, heart rate over 200 appear to be some of the minor side effects of slight over using.

Notwithstanding any of that, it is one hell of a drug - no party - pure performance

Isnt Clenbuterol for cutting weight ?

Why would a Heavyweight use it ?
Not saying he did it or not, but he is a good candidate for someone who would get some benefits: increase muscle mass (he's a fatty) and open up airways (he blows out early). Let's see what the b sample says.

Seems he was clean 5 days before the fight. Getting more and more sus.

he had an interesting reaction, normally when a doper comes out he'll be like "totally innocent" where as Browne was just confused.

Call me naive but i don't reckon he was doping delibately. On Clenbuterol at least!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back