BOXING Green vs Mundine

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. That's why the cheap shot did not affect Green as much as some people are making it out to be. If Green was rattled by it he would have taken 5 minutes before resuming the bout.

Isn't it up to the ref to call that?

And considering the Doctor seemed like he wanted to call off the fight, I'd say it was a fair rattling!

He was not winning at any time during the fight . If punters put money on Mundine after the illegal punch from behind after the ref had stepped in and said let go 3 times then that is logical . But Green even recovered and won that round . Also round 9 was a good round for Mundine but he was still way behind in the fight .
You are literally the only person i have heard express that view.

You also clearly have not understanding of how the odds are set.

If Green was winning TAB and Sports bet would be insolvent.

Yeah. In Round 9 Green was dodging and weaving like joe frasier and Mundine couldnt land big blows tho . I watched the fight retrospectively and had Green way way in front but round 9 was like Green ran out of gas as he certainly wasnt rocked . If I saw it live I would have expected Green to be cooked in Round 10 and Mundine to knock him out . Green recovered well and round 10 was even as Green landed some good hits on Mundine
lol. that is hillarious

I am not a gambler as the Gamblers are Morons . Betting agencies wouldnt be in business if there werent morons who dont have a clue . . If green is 8 rounds in front and Mundine had a good round 9 that looked like he would win the fight by Knockout in round 10 which would be the only way to win . So yes I saw green as 8 rounds to 1 up after round 9 , Does this mean Green is winning yes . Does this mean he will survive round 10 no . Equally Mundine did stuff all in round 10 and even if he won that round he was still 8 rounds to 2 . Obviously you Gamble because you dont understand maths

Yes. That's why the cheap shot did not affect Green as much as some people are making it out to be. If Green was rattled by it he would have taken 5 minutes before resuming the bout.

He doesn't get to call the 5 minutes? The referee makes that call.
He didn't. He should have though.
Then the doctor gets to assess for the fight to commence.
Would've been interesting if the doctor said he couldn't continue.

Lmao, I don't think anyone has an understanding of how the odds are set. It's professional boxing. The scoring is done by three blokes writing down who they think won each round and tallying the votes up at the end of the match. It's the most bullshit scoring system in professional sport, hence the need for three judges.

Nobody sees the scoresheets until the end of the match, so nobody knows who's truly ahead until the end of the match. Even if TAB and Sportsbet put together a room of 50 boxing judges and canvas the opinion, it doesn't mean they're going to be able to guess the result accurately because nobody knows what the judges were thinking. So, QED, it's more than likely that TAB and Sportsbet just plain got it wrong.

tl;dr who gives a baker's * about who TAB and Sportsbet thought were winning?

He doesn't get to call the 5 minutes? The referee makes that call.
He didn't. He should have though.
Then the doctor gets to assess for the fight to commence.
Would've been interesting if the doctor said he couldn't continue.

I couldn't hear what was said but given Mundine was deducted a point then Green should have been given five minutes to recover. Maybe it wasn't picked up as on television as I would be very surprised if he wasn't offered it.

If Green wasnt coward punched 30 seconds into the fight from behind I reckon Mundine woulda been knocked out In the the 1st 3 rounds . Even with a fuzzy head Green dominated those 1st 5 rounds Mundine was hurt by the body blows he was dropping his arm to encourage Green to go for his head .

I agree. I thought that was an absolute dog act by Mundine. Should have been DQ'd. Fight should have been stopped there.

I couldn't hear what was said but given Mundine was deducted a point then Green should have been given five minutes to recover. Maybe it wasn't picked up as on television as I would be very surprised if he wasn't offered it.

If it was offered he would've taken it.
In fact I'm not even sure it can be offered or referee just says it's happening regardless.
At one stage the ref suggested the fight was over.
Green even said so today, it should have been offered and how the ref suggested it was over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched some of the replay today - no question in my mind that Mundine should've been DQ'd for that first round cheap shot.

It would've been catastrophic for boxing in this country if it happened - which is the only reason it didn't.

Green wanted to put on a show - if he had wanted to, he could have dived to the ground and Mundine would have been DQ'd on the spot.

seriously pissed off about this i lost good money on another rigged danny green fight. had 250 on mundine to win and mundine by decision he won the fight easily and for some rigged judges bullshit i lost my cash ******* joke
Thats rough. I was close to putting a ton on the same bet but backed out and put 10 on Kieren Lovell to win the R.S. Pretty sad for Aussie boxing.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back