Boxing Ring at Bulleen Park

Remove this Banner Ad

wonderman said:
Your logic confuses and bewilders me with your ignorance and total bias.

If that was the fact how the hell did not Clarke & Shelton from St Damian's not make it,,,,100% better players than Tiny Jed yet hard at the footy and man. The panel was got at.....and I know you'll say something stupid about this, but man.........BELIEVE IT...........it is the most "Clicky" league in Australia.

The YJFL side selections proved this.

Not sure what you are trying to say here. I was talking about the umpires not voting for certain types of players. No doubt there is huge bias in the league. Shelton and clarke are good players but that Bundoora kid is good too.

wonderman said:
Your logic confuses and bewilders me with your ignorance and total bias.

If that was the fact how the hell did not Clarke & Shelton from St Damian's not make it,,,,100% better players than Tiny Jed yet hard at the footy and man. The panel was got at.....and I know you'll say something stupid about this, but man.........BELIEVE IT...........it is the most "Clicky" league in Australia.

The YJFL side selections proved this.

I was responding to someone who said how could the Bundoora kid make the team if he didn't get any votes in the league. I then said that in fact he didn't make the team to my knowledge. However the point I was making was that number of league votes obviously didn't really count for much as three of the players in the team only had 3 votes between them. Shelton and Clarke would have been worthy members of the side. How is the Ivanhoe coach getting Colts team of the Year coach when he is on the panel that decides this. I heard that for most of the season he only got a handful to training and they turned up late for games etc. 100% right the most clicky league ever. They look after their own.

dooza said:
Bundoora are frightened by Bulleen Temp - that is the reason they forfeited - the first time they played, the Bundoora players tried their rough house tactics and came off second best.

I heard they forfeited due to the league coming down to watch them (as they heard they played dirty). this is just what i heard and i am not stating it is true. if anyone has a reason why they did forfeit then reply as i would like to know!! thanks

mattyr said:
Not sure what you are trying to say here. I was talking about the umpires not voting for certain types of players. No doubt there is huge bias in the league. Shelton and clarke are good players but that Bundoora kid is good too.

"The Bundoora Kid" is not in the top 40 of the League, Knights got rid of him, tried to get into the Cannons ....gone too, should realise he is not up to it

FootyBrain06! said:
I heard they forfeited due to the league coming down to watch them (as they heard they played dirty). this is just what i heard and i am not stating it is true. if anyone has a reason why they did forfeit then reply as i would like to know!! thanks

Mate they had only 11 fit players. This is fact. They struggled all year with numbers. At full strength they looked real good but near the end were depleted. You play at ivanhoe don't you. good luck!

wonderman said:
"The Bundoora Kid" is not in the top 40 of the League, Knights got rid of him, tried to get into the Cannons ....gone too, should realise he is not up to it

Whatever. Who are your top 40 then expert. what club are you associated with. I know someone who knows the kid and i will check those details. are you up to it? the kid himself isn't saying anything about himself. I hear he is well-liked and a good kid. Do you want me to put you in touch with him personally.

wonderman said:

I just heard at school that the knights got rid of Shelton & Clarke too. I also just heard that the Cannons actually chased him because of his pace and hardness. I think he is going to concentrate on his boxing anyway from what I have heard. I suppose time will tell.

RunawayHoes said:
I just heard at school that the knights got rid of Shelton & Clarke too. I also just heard that the Cannons actually chased him because of his pace and hardness. I think he is going to concentrate on his boxing anyway from what I have heard. I suppose time will tell.

mmmm. boxing and a bundoora juniors player. mmm now i have heard that connection before somewhere else. mmmm at bullen park last sunday afternoon?

RunawayHoes said:

Fact Little Jed didn't make the a squad at either the Knights or Cannons. He went to the hopefully get into the Cannons because the Knights told him they were never going to select him.He played at Craigieburn for this reason, when the Cannons told him thanks..but no thanks he went back to Bundoora........FACT...boxing is his game not footy.

Shelton left on his own accord, a decision which will haunt him in years to come, an AFL career gone begging.

Clarke made the U16 squad and was left out late last year.Big chance to be in U18 squad next season.

Neither of which Little Jed could achieve

wow, interesting reading.

but some things have me scratching my head here.

how many were actually at the game on the weekend , sounds like about 5,000 :D (and no, i wasn't one of them)

no wonder why kids are umpiring these games, because older guys have better things to do rather than put up with this crap. i love how people just blame the umpires, they didn't throw punches etc. sure they may not have had full control of the game but the bottom line is they are kids as well and probably cop it from some of the feral parents who need to take a good hard look at themselves.

i can't believe a player was sent off and the coach allegedly sent him back on. sure other things may have been happening on the ground and he wasn't aware of the player being sent off as hard as that is to believe, but why wouldn't the player say to the coach, but i've been sent off i'm not allowed to go back on or perhaps someone close by the coach. it's also got me beat that this player went back on with another jumper or number, surely things mustn't have added up for the coach.

why would the bundoora boys be rumored to going to watch the grand final.
i'm sure it wouldn't be to watch the game, besides if this league is run properly officials will be everywhere this week.

have ivanhoe given the footage to police yet? and if they haven't what are they waiting for ? don't give me the disruption for the grand final crap etc because this week will have already been disrupted with the events of the weekend anyways. are they perhaps holding something back? are they afraid they'll be missing someone for this weeks grand final?

if ivanhoe and other clubs feel so strongly about this bundoora team and the league don't act they way they hope it does, perhaps they should just forfeit against them in the future, and maybe bundoora won't get a game next year :D

lets hope this incident doesn't turn our kids into playing other sports.

anyways , anyone got footage of the weekend :D

redz said:
mattyr

u gotta hav rockz in ya head mate...

RATHER B RICH BASTARDS than scum who cant feed them selfz

SCUM OF THE EARTH...

i heard that the ivanhoe players shat themselves bad like what was this under 17s footy and a mate who was at the game told me that a couple were crying lmaooooooooooo - pretty funny for a 17 y o if u ask me
i dont condone wat bundoora did at all by the way - and redz u need to settle down ur not gonna prove anything by running your mouth via a computer - who has ivanhoe got this week??

RunawayHoes said:
Whatever. Who are your top 40 then expert. what club are you associated with. I know someone who knows the kid and i will check those details. are you up to it? the kid himself isn't saying anything about himself. I hear he is well-liked and a good kid. Do you want me to put you in touch with him personally.

that "bundy kid" is a top player well deserves a spot in the side evn if knights and cannons dont agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matty R you say that the coach came in under 15's and made your team good after finshing bottom. He didnt make them good you got moved down to div3. We played you in the finals (banyule bears) at warrendyte and when we were winning and the game was over you started playing MORE dirty then before. I remember getting tackled and the umpires calling a ball up only to be sat on and punched (not obvious to the umpires)... He didnt help our team you got pushed down.

ALSO

Why did under 15's players play for you on the weekend when the rules are you have to play i think 5 games pervoiusly to play finals???? Bit suss. Why not take players from the seconds.

10571z said:
Matty R you say that the coach came in under 15's and made your team good after finshing bottom. He didnt make them good you got moved down to div3. We played you in the finals (banyule bears) at warrendyte and when we were winning and the game was over you started playing MORE dirty then before. I remember getting tackled and the umpires calling a ball up only to be sat on and punched (not obvious to the umpires)... He didnt help our team you got pushed down.

ALSO

Why did under 15's players play for you on the weekend when the rules are you have to play i think 5 games pervoiusly to play finals???? Bit suss. Why not take players from the seconds.

the coach of the under 17's vertually coached both teams with pre season and each training night with both age groups if it wasnt for him we team would have found it very hard making finals and finishing top 2... from playing in the younger team i know that all the players had a very high level of respect for him....

ALSO
under 15's had permission from the leauge to play even the my team the bottom age colts team and 3 filling in due to injuries to key players with us ... why not take players from the seconds because they made finals and finished on top and had bare numbers also

pluga_4 said:
wow, interesting reading.

but some things have me scratching my head here.

how many were actually at the game on the weekend , sounds like about 5,000 :D (and no, i wasn't one of them)

no wonder why kids are umpiring these games, because older guys have better things to do rather than put up with this crap. i love how people just blame the umpires, they didn't throw punches etc. sure they may not have had full control of the game but the bottom line is they are kids as well and probably cop it from some of the feral parents who need to take a good hard look at themselves.

i can't believe a player was sent off and the coach allegedly sent him back on. sure other things may have been happening on the ground and he wasn't aware of the player being sent off as hard as that is to believe, but why wouldn't the player say to the coach, but i've been sent off i'm not allowed to go back on or perhaps someone close by the coach. it's also got me beat that this player went back on with another jumper or number, surely things mustn't have added up for the coach.

why would the bundoora boys be rumored to going to watch the grand final.
i'm sure it wouldn't be to watch the game, besides if this league is run properly officials will be everywhere this week.

have ivanhoe given the footage to police yet? and if they haven't what are they waiting for ? don't give me the disruption for the grand final crap etc because this week will have already been disrupted with the events of the weekend anyways. are they perhaps holding something back? are they afraid they'll be missing someone for this weeks grand final?

if ivanhoe and other clubs feel so strongly about this bundoora team and the league don't act they way they hope it does, perhaps they should just forfeit against them in the future, and maybe bundoora won't get a game next year :D

lets hope this incident doesn't turn our kids into playing other sports.

anyways , anyone got footage of the weekend :D

Mate the player didn't change jumpers. The player didn't get off the ground. He turned around and ran back to the middle when he was no less than 20 metres from the boundary. I am not sticking up for anyone from Bundoora but from where i was there was chaos and confusion. Spot on re the video. I saw Ivanhoe players throwing punches too and who can blame them (number 26, 50 and others) but this is still reportable. the league should have had the hearing this week.

What a find kind of funny in this whole story is that if i was a coach and a player was running towards the bench and i saw him wouldnt you at least ask why are you comming off. Players dont just run off for no reason obviously he was sent off or injured. Seems very suss...

Matty R of course your gunna cover up things

mattyr said:
I was there and Bundoora were doing most of the damage. But several Ivanhoe players threw punches, be it in self-defence or whatever. Only a couple of Bundoora players tried to chase the ivanhoe boys - this is not acceptable obviously. Their coach finally caught them and took them to the side of the clubrooms where he gave them a spray. No Bundoora players tried to get into the Ivanhoe rooms and there is still a lot of clarification to come regarding the YJFl official.

if you want clarification about the official i think you should read this... http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20211721-661,00.html... particularly this bit... Asked about the league official who was punched, Mr Stewart said: "He was trying to keep them apart. He had a bit of a headache last night but he's fine."

chelsworthgale said:
if you want clarification about the official i think you should read this... http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20211721-661,00.html... particularly this bit... Asked about the league official who was punched, Mr Stewart said: "He was trying to keep them apart. He had a bit of a headache last night but he's fine."

I am just an interested onlooker that has browsed this post over the last few days... And it has had 1000 different versions of events from 200 different people, depending on club affiliation, age and bias.

But ive been in footy long enough to know that newspapers, the bigger ones in particular are bias to whom they are talking too at the time. They only offer someone elses opinion YET AGAIN.

Your posts have been good so far... Dont cheapen them with retoric and unstable news reports.

GYTM.

RunawayHoes said:

Calm down, the guy was simply saying what he thought, in my opinion, he's not in the top 40 players either, in fact, he had no influence on Sundays game, he didn't even involve himself until he started beating up others.

Giveyathemail said:
I am just an interested onlooker that has browsed this post over the last few days... And it has had 1000 different versions of events from 200 different people, depending on club affiliation, age and bias.

But ive been in footy long enough to know that newspapers, the bigger ones in particular are bias to whom they are talking too at the time. They only offer someone elses opinion YET AGAIN.

Your posts have been good so far... Dont cheapen them with retoric and unstable news reports.

GYTM.

Couldnt agree more, BUT the only part of the article I was referring to was a direct quote from a Yarra official. :D

Fitzroy1 said:
Fair comment (but it is often the nasty few who spoil it for the rest of us)

But when a 10 year old player for Bundoora says to your 10 year old "I'm going to f#@#@ kill you you little c!##@#@" and the parents on the sideline yell out " get stuck into him Jaiden" and the other BS that these rotten parents promote, I really just don't want to be part of it.

After the last game my kids played out at St Mary's they said to me that they never wanted to go back and also said and I quote "what is wrong with the people in the crowd, they keep on abusing everyone"

This is from pre-teenage children who usually just tell it like it is.

Exactly right. We played them last week, and there was a brawl there too. One of their more rotund players runs in, arms swinging, and says something like 'you're all f#@$ed now you f#@$ing c%&*s, i'll smack yous all' and it's not needed. I mean what's to prove. Ad the 50 point deficit was no deterrent, in fact it spurned them on

Boy this thread has made for some interesting reading.

I would like to nominate MattyR as must dedicated poster of the year. He has managed to argue almost every single point raised against his beloved team. Maybe not always successfully but he has had a crack. Whats even more impressive is I can only assume he is a school kid and has managed to post throughout the day(s). Am I missing something I thought school holidays didn't start for another month???

Anyway Matty its a fine effort. Keep up the good work!

ant22 said:
Boy this thread has made for some interesting reading.

I would like to nominate MattyR as must dedicated poster of the year. He has managed to argue almost every single point raised against his beloved team. Maybe not always successfully but he has had a crack. Whats even more impressive is I can only assume he is a school kid and has managed to post throughout the day(s). Am I missing something I thought school holidays didn't start for another month???

Anyway Matty its a fine effort. Keep up the good work!

see thats where school computers come into good use...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back