News Boyd Woodcock signs for Southport VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought he showed a bit and was getting a heap of the ball playing in the centre for the Maggie’s over the back half of the season. Would like to see him get picked up

Thought we could have probably held him for another year but at the same time Happy to give an extra spot to a potential SANFL mature ager over him too.

I remember watching Boyd, Tobin Cox and Sam Gray play the first few games of the 2019 SANFL season and they were all hungry to kick goals. I thought you beauty, if Woodcock develops we have a small forward who will kick lots of goals in the AFL, he isn't going to hand off the responsibility.

It never eventuated. He didn't bring enough skills to last in the AFL, tried hard, but just didn't have enough tricks for a small forward to have a long career.

Should have been part of that exclusive club of goal kickers with their first kick in AFL, but ******* snicko on the goal padding that had only been around a few weeks, pinched him of that honour. Think he had had a couple handballs before that.

Good luck to him. Will continue to be a very good SANFL level player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News.com.au running with "power star" ... They really have low standards on what a star is.

AFL7 minutes ago
AFL Round 5.   17/04/2021. Carlton vs Port Adelaide at the MCG, Melbourne.   Boyd Woodcock of the Power clears by hand during the 2nd qtr.    . Pic: Michael Klein
Power star caught off-guard by shock axing

"All time Power great Trent Burgoyne is disappointed he wasn't able to pass his dads total of 240 games for the club. He fell agonisingly short of the total, having played zero games at senior level."

Plenty of cash opportunities via the Sharks outside of any NEAFL/VFL salary cap figure the Sharks have to stick to.

Think the SANFL cap is down to $210,000 over at least 40 players, if not all senior and U/18 listed players.

Plenty of cash opportunities via the Sharks outside of any NEAFL/VFL salary cap figure the Sharks have to stick to.

Think the SANFL cap is down to $210,000 over at least 40 players, if not all senior and U/18 listed players.

I played QAFL in the early 00’s… Southport were the biggest financially back then! The Dimattina brothers were running around there and they were always flush with ex-AFL players. Had a massive social club, pokies etc even way back then… he will definitely be well looked after financially! Good luck to him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back