Roast Boys club Benny Hart

Remove this Banner Ad

Not only Ben Hart, but how long are we going to persist with Campo?

Our midfield has been one dimensional for years now, once it's shut down we have no plan b and fall into a hole.

He's been in our system for 9 seasons, time to move on and bring in some new ideas.

Last edited:
Not only Ben Hart, but how long are we going to persist with Campo?

Our midfield has been one dimensional for years now, once it's shut down we have no plan b and fall into a hole.

He's been in our system for 9 seasons, time to move on and bring in some new ideas.

Hopefully they brought in Francou as this move at the end of the year.

Like how we bought Gibbs to replace Sloane.

I wonder how much we have to hire decent assistant coaches. I bet Campo and Clarke are on huge overs.
Are you inside the inner sanctum of the Football club? How on earth would you know how good or how poor Campo and Doc are? You are shooting from the hip and from a distinct disadvantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Three of those guys worked in Neil Craig’s coaching box. Neil Craig last coached Adelaide in 2011.

Let that sink in.

Pyke has more than earned his right to be safe in his existing role - but if he doesn’t demand wholesale changes at the end of this season (regardless of where this club goes from here) then he’s not the man to take this club forwards.

are you serious? Since Campo joined the coaching ranks in October 2010 the side is winning at 58%. This included the times when were booted out of the draft. Try again slippery pete. try not to look silly this time

Camporeale’s been at the club since 2010, Clarke since 2008. Not many assistants last that long on a coaching panel that has zero premierships to its name.

There’s more to it than that though. For example, their tactical ineptitude on grand final day last year. Go back and look at the discrepancy between the hit outs (Jacobs was dominant) and the clearances. Our ruck tactics that day were a ******* embarrassment on the biggest stage.

And sure, it’s not all tangible. Some posters are making value judgements, including me. And I stand by them.

lets not forget when he took over after Phil Walsh died. He was 7/4 in that period.

No issues there, his leadership was immense in that brief period after Walshy. That was about his ability to step into a leadership role in a crisis though. He didn’t change anything tactically, and that was never an expectation.

Immense respect for what he did in those 11 or 12 weeks, but if you’re using that as a guide to his assistant coaching prowess, you’re kidding yourself.

Camporeale’s been at the club since 2010, Clarke since 2008. Not many assistants last that long on a coaching panel that has zero premierships to its name.
Not even premiership coaching panels stay together because they get poached.
No one wants our campaigners.

Out of curiosity, Hart was at Collingwood under Bucks during the years Collingwood were sliding and being heavily criticised for their defensive zone right? I recall Collingwood playing a zone defence and doing it horribly...constantly picked apart.

And here we are in 2018 conceding **** knows how many goals over the top for some stupid reason (Hart I presume?). It used to be our biggest strength, we would move the ball so fast and so well, it would be our main scoring source to get it out wide and over the top, would rarely ever happen to us.

Yet now I swear we concede at least 75% of our goals from teams breaking down our structure way too easily just as you said, and getting out the back without even breaking a sweat.

It's a joke.

And yet O’Keefe 2x Premiership, 2012 Norm Smith, is being wasted coaching our top up spuds

That's another interesting point of discussion that one. Haven't heard the greatest of reviews about him from multiple people with his coaching at a lower level and his man management skills.

Maybe he would be better suited to coaching the upper echelon, or maybe he's just another dud amongst the pack?

Our backline isn't the problem it's our slow midfield and players refusing to man up or lay a half decent tackle. Get rid of our inanimate rod of a ruck coach.

Our backline structures are most certainly a problem, as I highlighted in a post above.

It amazes me how when we go forward we also seem to be going up against a +1 and are outnumbered, and then when the ball hits the deck we fail to mop that up as well. And yet go down the other end, we are either caught out the back and in a foot race to goal, or get caught in genuine 1v1s and then apparently can't mop up the mess when the ball hits the deck either. Doedee is such a great intercept player, and yet exactly how much intercepting have we seen him do so far? Not a lot for a player that should be free at every opportunity.

We rarely ever got caught out the back last year, probably a combination of a better performing midfield and better defensive structures, but we also used to be so good at mopping up for most of last year. Even when oppo teams were isolating us in genuine 1v1s, we were able to clean up the mess and rebound quickly. This year oppo teams look like they're going to score from every god damn inside 50 they get.

There’s more to it than that though. For example, their tactical ineptitude on grand final day last year. Go back and look at the discrepancy between the hit outs (Jacobs was dominant) and the clearances. Our ruck tactics that day were a ******* embarrassment on the biggest stage.

And sure, it’s not all tangible. Some posters are making value judgements, including me. And I stand by them.

No issues there, his leadership was immense in that brief period after Walshy. That was about his ability to step into a leadership role in a crisis though. He didn’t change anything tactically, and that was never an expectation.

Immense respect for what he did in those 11 or 12 weeks, but if you’re using that as a guide to his assistant coaching prowess, you’re kidding yourself.
So your initial quote of "Just a minor thing known as results" is incorrect. We were beaten up all over the ground in the Grand Final. It was a disgrace. upload_2018-6-5_11-21-37.png

upload_2018-6-5_11-28-23.png

Weird, we got a "lesson" in clearances vs GWS in the first week of the finals last year too. But won. Odd

In regards to the hitouts v clearances its a stupid argument as Richmond avg the least hitouts all year. They played Shaun Grigg as second ruck. I think you seriously should quit this argument. I am happy to beat up on you all night.

So your initial quote of "Just a minor thing known as results" is incorrect. We were beaten up all over the ground in the Grand Final. It was a disgrace. View attachment 507390

View attachment 507402

Weird, we got a "lesson" in clearances vs GWS in the first week of the finals last year too. But won. Odd

In regards to the hitouts v clearances its a stupid argument as Richmond avg the least hitouts all year. They played Shaun Grigg as second ruck. I think you seriously should quit this argument. I am happy to beat up on you all night.

o_O

2 examples in the space of an 8 year period. Congratulations on your win, you really "beat him up".

If you can't see that our midfield has lacked the ability to be just as good defensively, as it has been offensively, then I think you need to go back and watch 8 years of tape!

Our backline structures are most certainly a problem, as I highlighted in a post above.

It amazes me how when we go forward we also seem to be going up against a +1 and are outnumbered, and then when the ball hits the deck we fail to mop that up as well. And yet go down the other end, we are either caught out the back and in a foot race to goal, or get caught in genuine 1v1s and then apparently can't mop up the mess when the ball hits the deck either. Doedee is such a great intercept player, and yet exactly how much intercepting have we seen him do so far? Not a lot for a player that should be free at every opportunity.

We rarely ever got caught out the back last year, probably a combination of a better performing midfield and better defensive structures, but we also used to be so good at mopping up for most of last year. Even when oppo teams were isolating us in genuine 1v1s, we were able to clean up the mess and rebound quickly. This year oppo teams look like they're going to score from every god damn inside 50 they get.
I think you are trying to isolate issues they simply are not there. You don't watch enough football, understand the game enough or just fail to do your research.

You believe "WE FAIL TO MOP UP". Why would we be averaging more rebound 50's per game than last year? This tells me one of 2 things, we either do it better or there is more ball coming in. I would imagine its the latter. Therefore the issue is our midfield/forwards not applying enough pressure, not so much our lack of ability to "MOP UP" as you put it

o_O

2 examples in the space of an 8 year period. Congratulations on your win, you really "beat him up".

If you can't see that our midfield has lacked the ability to be just as good defensively, as it has been offensively, then I think you need to go back and watch 8 years of tape!
jesus, when have I ever mentioned the above.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back