Toast Bozzo's Goal Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Andrew Boston, Bozzo, AB13, the boy from Broadbeach, the local boy - call him whatever you like but you can't deny his goalkicking accuracy. He also happens to have one of the most aesthetically pleasing kicking techniques in the league. This thread is intended to discuss and (hopefully) marvel at Boston's amazing kicking accuracy via YouTube videos. The inspiration for this thread is a series of YouTube videos that show every goal Taylor Walker has ever kicked and the lead up to that goal. Here is an example:

Now we don't have a video of Boston's goals yet but I envisage them going on the Bigfooty Suns TV YouTube channel (Sunny_ wink wink). Just in case anyone is wondering, he has kicked 7.1 to date. The one shot on goal he missed was in his third game, in humid conditions, in Cairns, in the dying seconds of a game that was still on the line and he had to deal with heavy wind. It still goes down as a miss but if you could ever excuse a miss on goal that would be right up there with some of the good reasons. Ever since that behind he hasn't missed a shot on goal. Here are the games in which he has kicked goals:

R21 2013 v Port Adelaide @ Football Park - 3.0
R23 2013 v GWS @ Metricon Stadium - 4.0

Just to make this conversation a little bit more fun, the record for most goals kicked at Carrara Stadium stands at 98 (Brad Hardie) so I think we could have some fun with a countdown. Boston also happens to be the first player to come out of the Gold Coast academy that wasn't zoned to the club. This means he was 100% produced by the club and was drafted fairly. Now for Boston's kicking technique:

gcu1FDU.png

XMSESla.png

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but can anyone envision Boston taking Day's spot in the forward line if Day continues to underperform? Would that even be a possibility? I haven't seen much of Boston so I'm not sure.

Slightly off topic, but can anyone envision Boston taking Day's spot in the forward line if Day continues to underperform? Would that even be a possibility? I haven't seen much of Boston so I'm not sure.

Depends how much of the ruck load Dixon and Nicholls/Smith can carry. I don't personally like Dixon in the ruck cos he always gets injured and neither Nicholls nor Smith are ready for a full load.

I think it's possible. Probably heavily dependent on whether Eade likes the three tall forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back