News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

rollover-afc-gif.1003242

Come and follow the mighty ☀ lovely people, why

1. you deserve better than waiting 3 days only to be made a fool of ( and let’s be clear this decision lays at the feet of the AFC)
2. An SA feel to our club already
3. You won’t have to watch the Crows now trade pick 1 for some stupid deal that makes your face want to melt
4. We wear red, yellow and blue ( even if it it a touch Maccas in design 😀)

I like you Iva, but really, * off.

We have SEVEN free agents next year on our list, including Matt Crouch, Smith and Laird

Watch as clubs poach these players for nothing
They have the Saint Kilda blueprint backed by the AFL.

Part the fact it HEAVILY contradicts their previous claims that "Brad was happy to stay"

now that was obviously a lie from the start... but don't ******* admit you lied to everyone asshats!
To be fair, B.Crouch changed his tone after seeing the Saints contract.

Well at least I got this whole thing right.

I was saying for months that the club clearly didn't want Brad to stay at any cost. And that we'd get no better than band 2 compensation (it was even worse)

Hate to correctly predict our absolute ineptitude

Exhausted all available options?

No, we took the weakest option.

FMD.

If thats the best option we could come up with in 12 months, then its time Reid was shown the door.
I'm not laying it on Kelly yet, as this is the same shtttt as before he was there.
We all know Reid history - Gibbs, Jenkins, and so on... I put the good pick trades on Binuks shoulders, and really feel Reid is a massive weak link we need to remove.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have SEVEN free agents next year on our list, including Matt Crouch, Smith and Laird

Watch as clubs poach these players for nothing
No. We will pay massive overs like we do putting the club cap on the freehold and then let players leave for Fa

He probably couldn’t say what he wanted to. Apparently the club was happy to get rid of him. Does he have a drug problem? It’s known he lazy as well.

Stop drinking the kool aid.

If Crouch was this hideous off field problem that the AFC apologists would have you believe then the club should’ve been on the front foot before the offseason got into full gear and made it clear they would be letting him walk regardless and would seek to garner the best compensation possible.

Instead they elected to.... bluff.... and then claim they got outplayed.

Seriously how can they straight up lie and say they had a weak hand when they have pick 1 in the ND, pick 1 in the PSD and the money to pay Crouch?

Kelly and co had a royal flush and folded to a pair of threes.

No, it wasn't the club's fault. None of it, up until the offer was lodged by St Kilda, was the club's fault. Even the (likely) fact that we were not going to be able to do better than #23 in a trade with St Kilda, even with the best efforts, was not the club's fault.

What WAS the club's fault, is that they rolled over and took the certainty of pick 23 over the risk of losing him for nothing, instead of drawing a line in the sand and saying we will not be easybeats at the FA/trade table. Even if it costs us the golden bounty of pick number effing 23.

Look, if we turn 23 plus something into a first rounder e.g. the Bulldogs, then OK, lemonade from lemons and all that. But that doesn't change the weakness, the gutlessness, of this decision.

They didn't want to match a 5 year contract. There's no guarantee he wouldn't stay and sign the matched offer. They obviously didn't want him, especially over 5 years. If every other team sees him as not worth more than pick 23 and Adelaide pushing him out the door then you have to ask why. His injury history comes into it, but it has to be more than just that. The competition clearly doesn't rate him.

listening to Kelly is making me feel physically ill.

The reasons he is giving to not offer the length of contract to our best mid is just horrifying. If I was a player at the club now and had any thoughts of leaving, I'd be getting my manager to test the market and then come out and say I don't want to be here anymore and know that the club will end up folding

Just horrific stuff he is saying

Oh and no mention of any other deals in the fire to try and up spec the pick?..nothing to try and sugar coat this god awful decision..p155 off kelly

What a bizarre turn of events, don't think anybody saw it going this way, especially leaving it down the wire.

Will be interesting to see if that secondary trade occurs, i maintain that if a trade was the strategy, it would not make sense to match the bid because both teams have an asset removed from the table.

Wouldn't be surprised to see some pick swaps take place that gets Lonie to the dogs, an earlier pick to Adelaide and a third or something to the saints.

God luck with the rest of the off-season.

There's a few on here that did. It wasn't that difficult to see exactly what was playing out.

The club hasn't read the room at all. This will cost them for some time to come. Their defence saying they didn't want to take Brad on for 5 years is total bullshit. The club knew he was never playing another game for us. Match and the saints would have had to pony up or he goes into the psd for all I care. I would have preferred nothing for Brad than looking weak.
It's what Gold Coast did last year, refused pick 25? from Carlton and sent Jack Martin to the PSD with a very lopsided contract.

No one is not taking Gold Coast seriously in future, stake in the ground stuff from them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back