News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
Two 3 votes Brownlow games in his career. I do think he could’ve been elite with his talent, but unfortunately for a few different reasons has never got there.
It like You took the bait. Great player, s**t durability should be the only answer.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because it isn’t. It’s inside a popular narrative to create more waves of melt. Surely.

Considering the guns that we've had on our list management committee, I'm surprised you'd think Reid had any chance. It's such an important footy knowledge role that St Kilda employed a guy straight out of 12 years in the banking industry. They all need to go, Fagan, accountant, Roo and Reid. But claiming it's just him is rank stupidity. Now Nicks and Kelly are running the show our first step is backwards. Criminally underrating of Brad Crouch. And you reckon it's just Reid that makes that call. He'd be nowhere near it.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Considering the guns that we've had on our list management committee, I'm surprised you'd think Reid had any chance. It's such an important footy knowledge role that St Kilda employed a guy straight out of 12 years in the banking industry. They all need to go, Fagan, accountant, Roo and Reid. But claiming it's just him is rank stupidity. Now Nicks and Kelly are running the show our first step is backwards. Criminally underrating of Brad Crouch. And you reckon it's just Reid that makes that call. He'd be nowhere near it.
This is a backhand melt. It is his position that he was given. Was there a process for the next list manager or was it just given...

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
There is now player movement without trades.

Without FA we may not have telegraphed wanting him gone as much.

When you know you have to negotiate a trade, you want your player to be more desirable.

Not just metaphorically cast adrift expecting pick 2 to fall in your lap.

Last year with Keath, Greenwood and Jacobs we at least had token contracts for them. Indicating we are happy to keep them if no trade done.

Brad Crouch had nothing. We eroded his trade value and any leverage in forcing a trade.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I see what you're getting at but the opportunity to use the PSD draft still exists for the moment. We still have to convince the player to be satisfied with coming to us.

IMO the main fault with all of this is the player holds clubs to ransom by choosing where he wants to go.

BC was purely a mistake ny the admins. in the club. All we had to do was keep our mouths shut and do a deal. Along with his piece of stupity with the drugs. We were stuffed after that.

I would prefer to the clubs to have the power to trade them and no compensation picks at all. Nor should there be F/S and NGAs. If clubs want the player do deals.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide

I think we are in agreement that they are ALL s**t.

I think we are in agreement that they are ALL sh*t.

Pretty ironic that we get owned by the one ex-Crows player that we don't employ.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I believe that if a player has 2 strikes, the receiving club is notified of this
Doesn't necessarily need to be drug related and I wasn't told what it was either way. Believe Crouch has been done a couple of times for breaking team rules on drinking while injured. That's not sinister by itself, but if that sort of attitude and lack of adherence to team rules starts dragging younger teammates into that behaviour you can see why they may think that's an issue for a club full of young players.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Doesn't necessarily need to be drug related and I wasn't told what it was either way. Believe Crouch has been done a couple of times for breaking team rules on drinking while injured. That's not sinister by itself, but if that sort of attitude and lack of adherence to team rules starts dragging younger teammates into that behaviour you can see why they may think that's an issue for a club full of young players.
He did drag younger teammates into it or was it reverse. Anyways I’m bored in Adelaide with my non groin surgery till it’s too late. What a waste of my potential prime. Im gonna hit the blow.

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
Pretty ironic that we get owned by the one ex-Crows player that we don't employ.
I don't remember Gallagher playing a single game for us that had as much impact as the one he played against us last week.

For a second year list manager with no previous roles, he did really well. Or we did really bad. Or both. It's hard to tell with the AFC.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
No that isn’t what I said.

There is more to this than we, plebs think.

Just think it thru - you are a restricted free agent and looking for possible suitors so you can maximise your next contract. So at the end of the season you decide to go out on a bender and snort some stuff. Brilliant, ******* brilliant idea. Stay out of trouble until your contract is done and dusted. The intelligence of footballers never ceases to amaze me.

that you think the club is thinking and operating at a higher level is truly terrifying

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
Maybe FA can be revised to make the receiving club pay some cost. For example if a player is worth pick 23 the receiving club forfeits 815 points and so on. Joe Daniher would cost Brisbane 1644 points.

Last edited:
The more I think about this, the more I'm glad we didn't match. But also, the more I'm pissed off at Crouch for ******* up our best shot at getting Pick 2 for him by getting caught buying cocaine from a D. I wonder if it was deliberate? "I wanna stay, you won't offer me what I want, therefore I'm going to * you over". And that's exactly what he's done. Saints knew exactly what our offer was to him. They knew we wouldn't offer 4 or five years. So that's what they come in with, but unders in terms of $$$. It was the term of contract that sunk us in the end. I wouldn't want him - as much as he has potential - on our books for five years. I hope he carries with him the continued Crows Curse for greedy arse players.

cm_perfect

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
The more I think about this, the more I'm glad we didn't match. But also, the more I'm pissed off at Crouch for ******* up our best shot at getting Pick 2 for him by getting caught buying cocaine from a D. I wonder if it was deliberate? "I wanna stay, you won't offer me what I want, therefore I'm going to fu** you over". And that's exactly what he's done. Saints knew exactly what our offer was to him. They knew we wouldn't offer 4 or five years. So that's what they come in with, but unders in terms of $$$. It was the term of contract that sunk us in the end. I wouldn't want him - as much as he has potential - on our books for five years. I hope he carries with him the continued Crows Curse for greedy arse players.

Fire up Jen

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
The more I think about this, the more I'm glad we didn't match. But also, the more I'm pissed off at Crouch for ******* up our best shot at getting Pick 2 for him by getting caught buying cocaine from a D. I wonder if it was deliberate? "I wanna stay, you won't offer me what I want, therefore I'm going to fu** you over". And that's exactly what he's done. Saints knew exactly what our offer was to him. They knew we wouldn't offer 4 or five years. So that's what they come in with, but unders in terms of $$$. It was the term of contract that sunk us in the end. I wouldn't want him - as much as he has potential - on our books for five years. I hope he carries with him the continued Crows Curse for greedy arse players.

I’m with you. You are coming out of contract and you do something really ******* dumb. Reckon this is his second strike and as the club became aware, they thought “no thanks”.

If there's one thing this forum loves more than crazy conspiracy theories about the corrupt boys club at AFC, it's even crazier conspiracy theories about the AFL that magically completely exonerate the corrupt boys club at AFC.
except for The fact that EVERY club is a big ******* boys club and the entire AFL a long with it. Nobody is exonerating anyone. I’m just pissed off with him for blowing this chance for not only us, but himself.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
If there's one thing this forum loves more than crazy conspiracy theories about the corrupt boys club at AFC, it's even crazier conspiracy theories about the AFL that magically completely exonerate the corrupt boys club at AFC.

So you think it was a smart decision by Brad, going on a bender and snorting a bit of the white stuff when you are coming out of a contract and looking at securing a long term deal on very good money?

Back