News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think it was a smart decision by Brad, going on a bender and snorting a bit of the white stuff when you are coming out of a contract and looking at securing a long term deal on very good money?
I don't recommend it. But I also think its mostly irrelevant.

It's also not the only "Actually Adelaide totally had a good deal sorted but the dog ate it" theory perpetuated here.

Last edited:

St Kilda move down a few spots in the first round as well as bring in Crouch and Higgins.

Can see why they would not trade that pick for Crouch. Needed it to stay in the first round and get Higgins.

They were never gonna use pick 17 on Crouch.

Had they done that, no Higgins and their first pick is 58. Or whatever that gets pushed out to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

St Kilda move down a few spots in the first round as well as bring in Crouch and Higgins.

Can see why they would not trade that pick for Crouch. Needed it to stay in the first round and get Higgins.

They were never gonna use pick 17 on Crouch.

Nah, they don't need to use their first to get Higgins. Richmond are probably ok with a future 2nd for Higgins on its own (I assume they saw a chance to upgrade slightly and went for it).

The risk I see is we get skewered in a trade of 17 for Crouch + 22 (or 32). Especially if we lacked any interest in keeping Brad, or if Brad refused to stay.

Nah, they don't need to use their first to get Higgins. Richmond are probably ok with a future 2nd for Higgins on its own (I assume they saw a chance to upgrade slightly and went for it).

The risk I see is we get skewered in a trade of 17 for Crouch + 22 (or 32). Especially if we lacked any interest in keeping Brad, or if Brad refused to stay.
But why would St Kilda take themselves out of the first round for a guy they can get in the PSD?

Use that pick to sweeten the Higgins deal and stay in the first round.

But why would St Kilda take themselves out of the first round for a guy they can get in the PSD?

Use that pick to sweeten the Higgins deal and stay in the first round.

Brad is a better player than Higgins, that said, even 17 for Brad + our pick in the 30s is still ridiculously bad.

Lethlean basically confirming on Trade Radio that they would have walked away if the Crows had matched.

Brad is a better player than Higgins, that said, even 17 for Brad + our pick in the 30s is still ridiculously bad.
Of course he is.

But St Kilda could get Crouch without a trade.

I am not saying he is not worth a first rounder. Just that the way FA works that was how the Saints had planned to get him, or PSD.

They would not trade pick 17 to us, but would trade it for another player.

They get two players who will be best 22 for them and stay in the first round.

The alternative is that get Brad Crouch and their first pick is 58.

So you think it was a smart decision by Brad, going on a bender and snorting a bit of the white stuff when you are coming out of a contract and looking at securing a long term deal on very good money?
Premature ejeclebration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So salary dumps are happening left, right and center.

Really need some clarity from the AFC as to whether this was actually a factor in the Crouch situation, otherwise, nothing to suggest it's factual.
Wasn't ours specifically so that the Saints could artificially boost Crouch's contract and net us Band 1?

Different to a club trying to create cap relief for themselves.

Wasn't ours specifically so that the Saints could artificially boost Crouch's contract and net us Band 1?

Is it any different to clubs paying players wages at other clubs to increase the pick they get for them?

Is it any different to clubs paying players wages at other clubs to increase the pick they get for them?
Still a transaction between two clubs that they both think is fair and both are happy to do

This was to finagle something extra out of a 3rd party (the AFL compensation pick in this case)

If there was no compensation pick involved and it was just us and the Saints dealing players, picks, cap space it would have been fine

Still a transaction between two clubs that they both think is fair and both are happy to do

This was to finagle something extra out of a 3rd party (the AFL compensation pick in this case)

If there was no compensation pick involved and it was just us and the Saints dealing players, picks, cap space it would have been fine
Didn’t it happen with the hawks and Melbourne (ie Melbourne traded picks cheap after the frawley deal)?

Agree, once it was reported like that you knew there was no way it’d get up.

It was something the club really needed to negotiate with the saints from the get go.

Agree, once it was reported like that you knew there was no way it’d get up.

It was something the club really needed to negotiate with the saints from the get go.
If it had actually happened, the club should have clarified that was an avenue they tried. For all of the BS they've fed us about this situation to date, that hasn't been amongst it. I think Caro is simply repeating what she's read here and on Twitter without any validation.

I thought he'd be 1. Much earlier than expected, I'll have to have a look. Worth noting our Tom Lynch snuck in as well. We'll see a few our boys in that list.
5 guys so far. Atkins, Hartigan, Kelly, Lynch and Crouch. All very well deserved and probably a good 5 more to come

Remove this Banner Ad

Back