News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he intended it to sound quite as bad as it did, he's just not a great speaker.

I'm looking at some of the units we've recently drafted and wondering why Brad never seemed to put on any muscle mass after he'd had about 3 years in the system. I know it's also about genetics and he might not be capable of gaining mass easily but he seemed to plateau very early in his career. I wonder if this is another Vince situation where the player was too comfortable at the club and didn't really get 100% out of himself.

I'm looking at some of the units we've recently drafted and wondering why Brad never seemed to put on any muscle mass after he'd had about 3 years in the system. I know it's also about genetics and he might not be capable of gaining mass easily but he seemed to plateau very early in his career. I wonder if this is another Vince situation where the player was too comfortable at the club and didn't really get 100% out of himself.

His physique always reminded me of a player that appeared to do the bare minimum amount of gym/physical work in the off season

How'd he go this year ??

More injuries.
Careful Shorty, let's just see how he goes at the Saints before you blow your bolt.

Saints Medical/physio/fitness crew couldn't possibly be worse than our current mob.

Other than some geezer that worked with Burgess a while back I'm not aware of any other changes in that area of our "high performance" crew?

Careful Shorty, let's just see how he goes at the Saints before you blow your bolt.

Saints Medical/physio/fitness crew couldn't possibly be worse than our current mob.

Other than some geezer that worked with Burgess a while back I'm not aware of any other changes in that area of our "high performance" crew?
He had injuries long before Burton got his hands on him, it's not a new thing.

It's hard to criticise Brad's comments given how hard this club has sucked the last few years. It hurts to hear it though, all the same.

I'd rather hear what Brad said about last year than Rory saying he's enjoying his footy more than ever.
Yep, the way Club Ambassadors Studley and Bickley went after him made it pretty obvious what the club was trying to do.

“See how bad he is, no loss, don’t worry about losing our 2018 B&F and best player in the 2017 finals series for chump change”

Yep, started a week or so before FA period opened. When that wasn’t enough they straight up slandered him letting it leak that the AFL killed a deal between us and Suns last year for 11 because he was such a s**t egg. People like HS swallow it like it’s the word of God himself and there couldn’t possibly be any other motive whatsoever.

I get he wanted to play in a good side for the remainder of his career, the problem is, he went to St Kilda.

They’ve gotten a bit older over the offseason, but I vaguely recall they were the lower 3rd for age last season. They can play some good footy and wouldn’t surprise if they push top 4 next year.

I'd rather hear what Brad said about last year than Rory saying he's enjoying his footy more than ever.

Yep, started a week or so before FA period opened. When that wasn’t enough they straight up slandered him letting it leak that the AFL killed a deal between us and Suns last year for 11 because he was such a sh*t egg. People like HS swallow it like it’s the word of God himself and there couldn’t possibly be any other motive whatsoever.
Where's that emoji ??

You post some utter garbage at times, but I'm in your head full time these days. It's an unhealthy infatuation, we're both happily married men.

Where's that emoji ??

You post some utter garbage at times, but I'm in your head full time these days. It's an unhealthy infatuation, we're both happily married men.
Isn't about time you 2 put each other on ignore....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stengles been working on "High performance"

I don’t think you could accuse Brad of cruising on field though. Vince definitely did.

I don’t think you could accuse Brad of cruising on field though. Vince definitely did.

So across Brad's Adelaide career of 95 games
Disposals - Elite
Kicks - Above average
Handballs - Elite
Marks - Below average
Tackles -Above average
Total Clearances - Elite
AFL Fantasy - Elite

And even in a season where the team performance was sub standard with only a couple of exceptions players wise Brad was still above average for position in most areas of his game

Capture.PNG

Compare that with Rory Sloane for instance.
Capture.PNG

I like HS, we just clash here and there, it's healthy. He was in the group that I offered up my second 2019 showdown tickets to. We were clashing back then.
I don't mind a healthy discussion but there is a bit too much personal BS at times.

Compare that with Rory Sloane for instance.
View attachment 1043752

And Rory's votes per game was very high from memory. Maybe he's one of the group of 1 midfielders in the comp whose role isn't to get the ball. The extra 0.4 tackles per game must make an enormous difference to coach's expectations of high level role execution. Or his execution of the leadership component of his role was elite. Hard to quantify that from outside the 4 walls as were getting pummelled and have deteriorated into a divided and shambolic group.

Too much?

Last edited:
And Rory's votes per game was very high from memory. Maybe he's one of the group of 1 midfielders in the comp whose role isn't to get the ball. The extra 0.4 tackles per game must make an enormous difference to coach's expectations of high level role execution. Or his execution of the leadership component of his role was elite. Hard to quantify that from outside the 4 walls as were getting pummelled and have deteriorated into a divided and shambolic group.

Too much?
They are different types of midfielders.

Sloane applies far more pressure, but Brouch is offensively more damaging.

They are different types of midfielders.

Sloane applies far more pressure, but Brouch is offensively more damaging.
Brad's numbers have always been good, but he's an average kick at best and despite tackle numbers is very poor defensively.

But you give a guy as much of the ball as Brad gets, he's gonna hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back