News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Canuck_Crow

Senior List
Apr 17, 2016
British Columbia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bit harsh on tennis. But I guess you’re not allowed to say “It’s not f***ing netball” anymore.
I just saw the clip. Nicks is referencing tennis being an individual sport not a team sport like AFL. nothing derogatory just telling people they have to back each other up. amazingly it looks like its happening now.

side note i loved seeing rat sitting there like a kid in school that is trying to make themselves look small so the teacher doesn't ask them a question.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
I just saw the clip. Nicks is referencing tennis being an individual sport not a team sport like AFL. nothing derogatory just telling people they have to back each other up. amazingly it looks like its happening now.

side note i loved seeing rat sitting there like a kid in school that is trying to make themselves look small so the teacher doesn't ask them a question.

First time watching the clip, Crouch seems to have a level of arrogance and both he and Atkins don’t have a defensive bone in their bodies. Explains why they are no longer with us.

Canuck_Crow

Senior List
Apr 17, 2016
British Columbia
AFL Club
Adelaide
First time watching the clip, Crouch seems to have a level of arrogance and both he and Atkins don’t have a defensive bone in their bodies. Explains why they are no longer with us.

it also shows why they are s**t footballers. seeing crouch back talk the coach and say there were things that could have been done before his incident which could have changed the situation shows he has no accountability.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
it also shows why they are sh*t footballers. seeing crouch back talk the coach and say there were things that could have been done before his incident which could have changed the situation shows he has no accountability.
Crouch isn't and has never been a s**t footballer.

He's certainly played bad games, but he's a very good player at his best.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brad is not the hardest trainer in the world so his lack of fitness prevents him from being a strong defensive runner or 2nd or 3rd defensive efforts

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

it also shows why they are sh*t footballers. seeing crouch back talk the coach and say there were things that could have been done before his incident which could have changed the situation shows he has no accountability.

Sloane was worse IMO. Was making appeals to the reputations of the midfield group that bore no relationship to their performance, and suggesting that they were going to bounce back to prominence easily.

Pretty clear example of the attitude that saw us keep stumping up with the same failing group week in week out for years IMO.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Sloane was worse IMO. Was making appeals to the reputations of the midfield group that bore no relationship to their performance, and suggesting that they were going to bounce back to prominence easily.

Pretty clear example of the attitude that saw us keep stumping up with the same failing group week in week out for years IMO.
That's an odd take you've got there.

That's an odd take you've got there.

Maybe. He and Nicks aren't in sync at all there though. Listen to the dialogue Nicks is talking about forgetting about what you think your reputation is, and rebuilding your game from defence. Sloane is talking about flicking a switch and going back to being the best.

Not a perfect transcript, but I think fair enough:

Nicks: the way to fix it Sloaney is not talk. It's actions. Its train it, and train it and train it... so that you're walking out of here with one thing on your mind. And that is, whatever I've been in the past, no longer. I now value defence, and I'm going to ******* show it

Sloane: have confidence that we've done it before, and we've done it really well. It's got to be a bit of a mindset that we've just got to flick because it won't take much and we'll get back to being the best two way midfield.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Maybe. He and Nicks aren't in synch at all there though. Listen to the dialogue Nicks is talking about forgetting about what you think your reputation is, and rebuilding your game from defence. Sloane is talking about flicking a switch and going back to being the best.

Nicks: the way to fix it Sloaney is not talk. It's actions. Its train it, and train it and train it... so that you're walking out of here with one thing on your mind. And that is, whatever I've been in the past, no longer. I now value defence, and I'm going to ******* show it

Sloane: have confidence that we've done it before, and we've done it really well. It's got to be a bit of a mindset that we've just got to flick because it won't take much and we'll get back to being the best two way midfield.
Sloane's defending his players, which a captain should do. Many times during the doco he does put the hard word on too.

Nicks was certainly right with what he said though, no question.

Clearly it's been a focus of pre season though

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Maybe. He and Nicks aren't in synch at all there though. Listen to the dialogue Nicks is talking about forgetting about what you think your reputation is, and rebuilding your game from defence. Sloane is talking about flicking a switch and going back to being the best.

It feels like it's been edited around a bit, just from the way Nicks is sitting. Think Nicks said all that after Sloane's spiel, not that they're a back and forth conversation between the two.

Burtonsgottago

Premiership Player
May 5, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m not sad to see him go. Injuries a lot of the time, little defensive pressure, and being caught in possession of drugs with a young player all not much to be missed.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
St Kilda are 1-2 to start the season, it is going to take more than just Crouch if they want to win games. I thank him for his efforts at Adelaide and don't miss him. He probably would have not made a huge difference to us if he stayed, we'll win around 10 games this year and finish around 11-14 on the ladder. St Kilda 50/50 finals chance, certainly not the best team in the comp right now by any means but it is early.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
St Kilda are 1-2 to start the season, it is going to take more than just Crouch if they want to win games. I thank him for his efforts at Adelaide and don't miss him. He probably would have not made a huge difference to us if he stayed, we'll win around 10 games this year and finish around 11-14 on the ladder. St Kilda 50/50 finals chance, certainly not the best team in the comp right now by any means but it is early.

Given they have to play Geelong, Richmond, Port, Sydney and West Coast twice in their double up games and they have yet to play any of them so far, I’m thinking their chances of finals aren’t looking good.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Brad Crouch will be remembered fondly around here in 2023 when Sam Berry is dominating games.

Mileratkinsshow

Team Captain
Feb 14, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brad Crouch will be remembered fondly around here in 2023 when Sam Berry is dominating games.

I felt sorry for Brad, to have heaps of injuries after showing brilliant signs early in his career but losing the speed he once promised.
His drug use with a young player was extremely regrettable, but I don’t begrudge Brad’s efforts for the club. But purely on form grounds and our teams need for more speed and two way running, we needed to make a change.
Our midfield looks better without him to my eye, and Berry looks to be a very important player for us going forward.
I love Nick’s demand that you defend or play elsewhere. Berry is the epitome of what Nick’s is demanding.
This looks to be a win for our culture AND our playing list!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go the Guts

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mighty Double Blues
Maybe. He and Nicks aren't in sync at all there though. Listen to the dialogue Nicks is talking about forgetting about what you think your reputation is, and rebuilding your game from defence. Sloane is talking about flicking a switch and going back to being the best.

I think Sloaney was too aware of the cameras being there and possibly trying to say things to impress. But yes they all need to just bloody listen to Nicks and the coaches and learn.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Conflicted...we accepted pick 23 and I am very happy with how that pick ended up but, we should have demanded their first rounder for this year, that squibbing still doesn't sit right with me...the way the Saints are going. we might have scored a top 10 pick this year
I thought they couldn't trade their 2021 1st rounder because they already did this previous years? We should have asked for their pick 17 but given how much they were actually offering B.Crouch......

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Conflicted...we accepted pick 23 and I am very happy with how that pick ended up but, we should have demanded their first rounder for this year, that squibbing still doesn't sit right with me...the way the Saints are going. we might have scored a top 10 pick this year

We had to match first and they wouldn't do that in case he signed the contract and stayed.

Canuck_Crow

Senior List
Apr 17, 2016
British Columbia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crouch isn't and has never been a sh*t footballer.

He's certainly played bad games, but he's a very good player at his best.
i was being hyperbolic, but to be an elite footballer you have to run two ways and Brad has shown he can't do that. He is really good at being a bull in a china shop, crashing in, doing a junk kick out of the pack and even snapping a couple of goals but he struggles to lower the eyes, and lacks polish. he isnt s**t but he was disappointing

Back