Injury Brad Crouch injures his hamstring at training

Remove this Banner Ad

Not liking this quote

Vince was dropped last weekend, after a poor start to 2013. He's averaged less than 14 touches a game this season, but collected 26 disposals, seven clearances and a goal for Woodville/West Torrens at the weekend.
Sanderson said Vince's omission from the side wasn't to teach him a lesson but to allow him to find form – a move that proved successful.

He admitted the 2009 club champion was "too good" to be left out of the senior side.

"I did like how Bernie … went back and dominated that game in the SANFL. He's too good to be playing in the SANFL," he said.

"We'll look for opportunities to get those guys back in where we can."

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-04-24/crouch-strains-hamstring.workstation

Crouch out

Vince in

By the sounds of it. Looks like we've got another short sighted coach on out hands.

Lyons needs a crack, you don't need to be smart to figure that out.

But being smart and under pressure to gain positive results are very different. I'm sure Sando is smart enough to understand the importance of rewarding players with AFL selection because of good form and then trying to balance that against winning games for now rather than development.

I often wonder the sort of instructions the board gives to our coaches in terms of short term winning and losing and how anti development they are.

Because playing Vince this week doesn't make any sense if its at the expense of Lyons who's been in terrific form this season.

But being smart and under pressure to gain positive results are very different. I'm sure Sando is smart enough to understand the importance of rewarding players with AFL selection because of good form and then trying to balance that against winning games for now rather than development.

I often wonder the sort of instructions the board gives to our coaches in terms of short term winning and losing and how anti development they are.

Because playing Vince this week doesn't make any sense if its at the expense of Lyons who's been in terrific form this season.

Not to mention the excellent form he was in for the majority of last season too. He must be given a shot to prove himself at AFL level.

Thats really bad to hear about Crouchy.:mad: I met him and Sloaney after the Carlton game in the NAB Cup at the Alma the day after.:p he is a ripping young man so is Sloaney. I also Saw Mitch Robinson there as well he is a tosser, the security guards threw him out.

They have to play Lyons. Reward his good form. I'd hate him not getting opportunites and requesting a trade home if that ever happens. To good a player to be wasted in the SANFL. Trade Vince Adelaide.

Thats really bad to hear about Crouchy.:mad: I met him and Sloaney after the Carlton game in the NAB Cup at the Alma the day after.:p he is a ripping young man so is Sloaney. I also Saw Mitch Robinson there as well he is a tosser, the security guards threw him out.

Robinson got kicked out of Big Day Out in Melbourne earlier this year for getting in a fight if I remember correctly. So that doesn't surprise me.

Brad Crouch... :(

1502%20-%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20gif%20glasses%20nxt%20percy_watson%20wwe.gif

Hope it's only for a few weeks and not any longer... But now's the time for Lyons you'd think!

Crouch out

Vince in

By the sounds of it. Looks like we've got another short sighted coach on out hands.
Good grief. Talk about jumping to conclusions. How about you actually wait for selections tomorrow night before going off half cocked?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could there be a more perfect opportunity to play Lyons than this? Crouch out, Lyons in is about as like-for-like as it gets.
If Vince plays instead, as Sando's press conference seemed to imply, it will be pretty freaking annoying.

Good grief. Talk about jumping to conclusions. How about you actually wait for selections tomorrow night before going off half cocked?

Oh good grief how about you just take a chill pill and stop insinuating everyone is jumping the gun.

It's not like my comments are doing any harm. It was a throw away line based on a comment from an article.

This is pretty much it for Lyons. If he doesnt get picked this week he may as well pack his bags tomorrow night. There's never been a more like for like replacement, it's his time for the big league, he's ready for a sustained run of games to show what he can do.

However, if we bring in Brodie Martin i'll be very dissappointed, but i won't be angry at least.

Unlucky for Crouch. He spoke really well after the game in the shed and seemed to finally have some real confidence that his game was good enough at AFL level.

Hopefully he will be back in a few weeks ready to go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back