Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn’t care less why compo Crows receive.

If Crouch stays he stays not the end of the world.

From reports he is happy to stay at Adelaide and his manager tried to secure a five year deal on decent coin at Adelaide.

One was not forthcoming or he would have never accepted the offer from St Kilda, so if it was me I would not be interested in playing for a club whose words may say that want me but their actions indicate otherwise.

If Adelaide really wanted him they would have put a suitable offer to him, if he gets one now it is nothing to do with them wanting him it is all about improving their draft position by five picks.

Couldn’t care less why compo Crows receive.

If Crouch stays he stays not the end of the world.

From reports he is happy to stay at Adelaide and his manager tried to secure a five year deal on decent coin at Adelaide.

One was not forthcoming or he would have never accepted the offer from St Kilda, so if it was me I would not be interested in playing for a club whose words may say that want me but their actions indicate otherwise.

If Adelaide really wanted him they would have put a suitable offer to him, if he gets one now it is nothing to do with them wanting him it is all about improving their draft position by five picks.
Agree

With Kelly advising of the crows position it's pretty clear it's either pick 2 or he stays

It is what it is

If im honest where we sit pick 2 would be better but if that's not possible keeping him would be the next best option

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree

With Kelly advising of the crows position it's pretty clear it's either pick 2 or he stays

It is what it is

If im honest where we sit pick 2 would be better but if that's not possible keeping him would be the next best option

Strange that Crouch would even accept our deal though if that's the way it's going to go down.

Agree

It is what it is

If it was a trade then he would not be worth pick 2 possibly pick 15.

But he has been offered a long contract on good coin which I would assume took into account the fact it was a monetary cost only and not a draft pick cost.

He can stay and enjoy the re build to finish his career.

If the Crows match the Contract tabled by St Kilda ......yes they can then do a trade to the Saints ....but they can still then trade to another club as well ....the Contract terms have already been agreed to by the Crouch camp

Would probably be a small pool given the contract size but crazy Dodoro will probably chuck in a bid.

The offers players get to move is irrelevant to their talent. It's about how in demand they are. Just off the top of my head:

Zac Williams is a B-grade player at best, and gets $900k?
McGovern >$700k for an average player who played a role in a good team.
Alex Keath >$700k for a B-grade 3rd defender
Jesse Hogan $650k
Jake Lever $800k (OMG!)
Rory Atkins 4x$450k (OMG!)

Yeah I get that, the players value is what the market is willing to pay.
Crouch could be a gun, but there’s too many ?’s around him, for a club to risk a 5yr $750k deal IMO. I’m sure you guys don’t really think he’s worth pick 2
ban 2 compo is still a pretty good deal, you could use it to help bring in another earlier 1st rounder this year or because you guys already have a very strong hand in this years draft, IMO the better option would be use it to try and get a future 1st for next years bumper crop, with some smart trading and good drafting, could rebuild the entire list in just two more drafts.

Why even bother with a trade if you get pick 19 saints don’t have a lot to offer in terms of picks
sure they do, 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2020 2nd..plenty of picks there and the crows will want a few of them. Why should St Kilda get the free hit of a quality mid and not have to adequately pay for it. It will cost Sty Kilda either pure salary or pick 15 and probably the 2021 2nd - they get to choose which one

Honestly I couldn't care less what pick Adelaide get.

I'd just be surprised if it does. It would have to mean there are other sneaky deals in the background and I'm not sure how that would go down.
If you are a saints fan, you want this over and done with ASAP.

Crouch should go to the saints on a 3 or 4 year deal at $700,000 a year. Could get the crows a 1st rounder. But I think pick 20 is fair.

Saints would be hesitant on trading pick 14 or 2021 1st rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I get that, the players value is what the market is willing to pay.
Crouch could be a gun, but there’s too many ?’s around him, for a club to risk a 5yr $750k deal IMO. I’m sure you guys don’t really think he’s worth pick 2
ban 2 compo is still a pretty good deal, you could use it to help bring in another earlier 1st rounder this year or because you guys already have a very strong hand in this years draft, IMO the better option would be use it to try and get a future 1st for next years bumper crop, with some smart trading and good drafting, could rebuild the entire list in just two more drafts.
Ahh, maybe you are right. The crows and St kilda have been sneaky and done a side deal - the crows let brad go for the band 2 compo. Then in a separate deal, St Kilda give pick 15 to the crows for Poholke and pick 83 ...could work

I actually think Saints will be very happy with Brad, can get the ball and has pace out of the centre and moves the ball by foot. He will work well with Steele and with Hill on the outside that is the making of a rock solid midfield that will surprise many.

Add Hunter Clarke and you have a midfield to tilt for a GF.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you are a saints fan, you want this over and done with ASAP.

Crouch should go to the saints on a 3 or 4 year deal at $700,000 a year. Could get the crows a 1st rounder. But I think pick 20 is fair.

Saints would be hesitant on trading pick 14 or 2021 1st rounder.
It will be over Friday if the offer is poor and not band 1he stays at the crows

Damn such a vengeful heart. I was certainly one against the handouts Gold Coast were being given as it would unfairly impact other clubs. As for others I do not speak for them but I have remained consistent on this issue for a long time now.
I can be empathetic to North, after all if this happens we would understand your pain. However, I think North would still get a great player, either McDonald or Thilthorpe, it's Sydney who miss out. I don't have empathy for Sydney though, with 2 first round academy players and pick 3 (4 in this scenario) they are fine.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

sure they do, 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2020 2nd..plenty of picks there and the crows will want a few of them. Why should St Kilda get the free hit of a quality mid and not have to adequately pay for it. It will cost Sty Kilda either pure salary or pick 15 and probably the 2021 2nd - they get to choose which one
Even if crows match your kidding yourself if they give up pick 15 and a future rounder , his not even worth 15 LOL

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Even if crows match your kidding yourself if they give up pick 15 and a future rounder , his not even worth 15 LOL

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
we will see just how much St Kilda think he is worth in a few days time..with the promp[tings from Kelly I hope it has focused their minds to make the offer as good as it can be to make sure the crows don't need to match.. and remember they said Band 2 will not cut it and the WILL match and it will most certainly cost St Kilda some of their top end draft capital.

Imagine if they miss out on having enough trade capital for Ben King at the end of next year all because of $100K per year they were not prepared to push the contract up by for Crouch..ouch

If the Crows match the contract & Brad stays managers & clubs will be thinking why the hell didn’t the Crows just offer that deal in the first place instead of wasting everyone’s time. It would come across as incredibly amateurish.
not at all..they will all know that pick 2 was possibly in play and I bet you all 18 clubs would consider allowing one of their better players to walk for pick 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back