Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
That’s a relief, should look good running around in your VFL team.

C2AC2F6E-929E-4436-93CD-F52077E94DAB.jpeg

Or yours 😂😂😂😂😂

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn

So I did make a couple of phone calls and there is now a leading contender for the services of Crouch and it’s the St Kilda Football Club.

“They’re leading the services for Crouch on a really good contract. What I’m hearing is somewhere between $600,000 and $700,000.

“I haven’t seen often a player deal with leaving a football club like Brad has dealt with it … Brad he just wants out for the biggest figure, he doesn’t care where he plays, which is unusual.”

this is backing up what marty has been saying right throughout this thread..the only caveat is that it is the 5 minute fireman and it is his intel
So if Crows offer more, he stays?

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
Will be interesting what happens if it doesn't net band 1.

Saints have 15, 58, 71. Not a lot to play with unless any players end up being involved.
Adelaide will match. Where most teams cop a little loss. Adelaide won't accept 19 if they can fleece 15 out of St Kilda.

The interesting thing I think is what Brad does when they match i.e. do you stay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Adelaide will match. Where most teams cop a little loss. Adelaide won't accept 19 if they can fleece 15 out of St Kilda.

The interesting thing I think is what Brad does when they match i.e. do you stay?
Well that is the thing, if Adelaide were willing to offer him this deal and Crouch wants to stay he would have just signed a contract.

The Crows may not be able to match it if Crouch wants to stay and just wants the money as well.

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
Well that is the thing, if Adelaide were willing to offer him this deal and Crouch wants to stay he would have just signed a contract.

The Crows may not be able to match it if Crouch wants to stay and just wants the money as well.
Crows will be able to match from a "can" point of view. Would they want to pay him that? No.

The problem is when you match you make it the players decision, not the clubs.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Crows will be able to match from a "can" point of view. Would they want to pay him that? No.

The problem is when you match you make it the players decision, not the clubs.
But that is why they might not be able to match.

Normally when a player requests to leave they want out, if it is true Brad wants to stay but just wants more money than can they match knowing they may have to actually pay Brad that money?

ibuprofen

The Impaler.
Oct 2, 2019
Romania
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Transylvania Impalers.
But that is why they might not be able to match.

Normally when a player requests to leave they want out, if it is true Brad wants to stay but just wants more money than can they match knowing they may have to actually pay Brad that money?
I don't disagree with you, I just don't think Adelaide thinks that way. Adelaide didn't even have a contract offer for him on the table. They apparently told him to go find an offer.

My guess work would be that Crouch potentially stays if they match as it seems he wants to stay and if you can stay on top dollar. Why not?

Jun 27, 2016
Caulfield
AFL Club
St Kilda
What’s that? an accumulator that doesn’t hurt other teams
Actually yeah.
We need a bloke that can get the footy in contested areas and to help Steele.

Honestly not the biggest issue that he can’t kick as our game plan half the time is bomb it to the square and bring it to ground.

Happy to get him as FA but if it was a trade then meh

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Great fit for St Kilda. They'll be a good team next year provided he can stay on the park. Here's hoping Adelaide can get pick 2 as compensation so that we can trade up.

When I Crow Up

Senior List
Sep 12, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually yeah.
We need a bloke that can get the footy in contested areas and to help Steele.

Honestly not the biggest issue that he can’t kick as our game plan half the time is bomb it to the square and bring it to ground.

Happy to get him as FA but if it was a trade then meh
Well you know what you have to do to avoid a trade :sweatsmile:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back