News Brad Crouch not selected in Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With 2 trades a week, I will lock Kommer in and bring Crouch in after he has played two games. Supercoach scores are going to be MASSIVE towards seasons end with the changed trading rules.

Am I missing something? We had two trades a week in previous years also. What has changed?

Supercoach scores are going to be MASSIVE towards seasons end with the changed trading rules.
The end of year scores will just come a bit earlier, scores won't be bigger. Even with the 24 trades last year you could get a full team of premiums by pretty much 3/4s of the way in.

Thanks, yep knew we had 30, just was querying the '2 trades per week' statement which we've also had in past years.
I believe there is confusion amongst some people because Dream Team has a total of like 46 trades or something crazy like that with a max of 2 per week (which means you either use your two trades per week or lose them).

With brown on crutches and potentially LTI...crouch...step up son

Keeping Crouch may be good, as they miss a hard nut

Whats everyone else think?
Save a trade and get "O" for a bit vs try ya luck somewhere else?
I'm happy for him to get a "O" for till round 4 then rack him off, Its not going to hurt the side this early.
I've kept him in, I'll back him in to win his spot and stay there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went with Kommer over Crouch, I'll see how Crouch goes with games who knows when it could be.

If he gets early games I will probably trade down a dud rookie, if I do end up picking one if not use him as a regular downgrade

Yep. Had a feeling he would come in. Thankfully at the expense of Brown, of whom many got sucked into due to the split round

I don't follow your logic. Brown was likely to be in for a minimum 4 weeks possibly more in my estimation. Not sure it was "sucked into" as he seems a legitimate pick. It wasn't like he was completely spudding it up. If Kommer got injured would that have been getting sucked in too?

I don't follow your logic. Brown was likely to be in for a minimum 4 weeks possibly more in my estimation. Not sure it was "sucked into" as he seems a legitimate pick. It wasn't like he was completely spudding it up. If Kommer got injured would that have been getting sucked in too?

You're in shock. I understand. ;)

Brown got named, and people didnt want to wait, so they put him in. Just happened he got injured. can't help it.

You're in shock. I understand. ;)

Brown got named, and people didnt want to wait, so they put him in. Just happened he got injured. can't help it.

Kommer got named.......... Did people just put him in? .... Mature aged rookie, had a decent NAB cup showing lots of potential. ....

You could say that about any rookie really (apart from the 3 or 4 locks everyone has). Oh they got named round one so people put him in.

Remember what happened to those who just kept holding on to Couch last year and swearing every time the side was named. ...

Brown had a decent game against Freo in the heat. Showed what he could do. Not a raw rookie, so playing a full game shouldn't be a problem fitness wise. He's a legitimate selection and from Sando saying (paraphrasing) "Tambling is tearing up the training track, nothing more he can do etc" and then not getting selected means Brown is infront of Tambling in the best 22. The only concern was the extra 40k he cost and if he would play a shutdown style of game.

Plus having too many rookies from one team... Melbourne, Port for example, if the team has a down day there are too many low scores..... to many slow price rises.

With brown on crutches and potentially LTI...crouch...step up son

Keeping Crouch may be good, as they miss a hard nut

whats the news on brown? shattering if lti, looks a rookie gem good dt for sc ratio and good js

Only bruising for Brown... doesn't mean Crouch won't come in, but Brown should be holding his spot if he gets up after his two week break.

Shows that a few posters in here dont understand the roles that players play in individual teams. Brown was a lock down on small forwards who was doing a great job until his injury. That's when Davey and Howlett kicked a couple of quick goals to break the game open for the Don's.

Looks like Brown will be ok and maybe even get up for the Brisbane game.

But the last 3-4 on their list were weak. I still don't understand how he didn't play. Maybe he was getting ahead of himself and they felt the need to pull him up for a week? Surely he is picked over people like Jaench & Brown.
Yeah maybe they pulled him from the side to have a 2 week rest, they didn't want to burn him out too soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back