Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacobs has no currency. If he’s picked up it’ll be one of those 5th rounder deals so both clubs move on quickly. C

He can be a number 1 ruck in the competition and would be better than about 5 teams rucks right now.
I know hes old so not worth much, but hes worth something (unlike Mackay, Hartigan etc)

Both Crouch brothers are guns, and anyone who thinks differently has no idea about footy.

They are the perfect 2nd and 3rd best midfielders. Adelaides issue is with their #1 mid Sloane who has been extremely poor this year and the coaches ridiculous decision to not Play Gibbs who is exactly what the Adelaide midfield lacks.

He can be a number 1 ruck in the competition and would be better than about 5 teams rucks right now.
I know hes old so not worth much, but hes worth something (unlike Mackay, Hartigan etc)

Reckon someone like GWS would be all over Jacobs

If the suns got a PP they should offer the Crows pick 1 and 2 for both Brad and Matt.

Crows would then have picks 1, 2 and 4 and the Suns 2 big quality mids they desperately need.

Crows may even make their way up the best talent under 23 ladder. :p

No chance the Suns do that, they could probably get them both for Lukosious however I doubt the Crouch brothers would want to go to the Suns, if they leave i reckon would want to go to a strong Vic club, they probably also realise its probably best for both their careers to separate and play at different clubs.

No chance the Suns do that, they could probably get them both for Lukosious however I doubt the Crouch brothers would want to go to the Suns, if they leave i reckon would want to go to a strong Vic club, they probably also realise its probably best for both their careers to separate and play at different clubs.

I think the Suns would do it, Brad and Matt help them gain relevancy a lot quicker than another 2 18 year olds.

Crows would be the harder sell IMO, They'd need to accept a big rebuild.

Agree that Matt and Brad would rather not go, unless they love big money.

My scenario is fanciful at best.

This is a huge point.
Not the same player, but very similar.
Not many teams would have a 2 inside midfielder hole in their list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon someone like GWS would be all over Jacobs
I reckon they would be more into Ryder...or Lycett, who appears on the outer for big coin at Port.

Seems they can't get it right playing 2 rucks.

Why is it they keep forking out large contracts for rucks when they already have one?

Then Geelong can have 5 average rucks!

The funny thing is I think Jacobs will come back with a bit of a bang.
He had time with ROB playing to actually get his body right before returning to SANFL.

How many years he has left is a big question mark, but cant be worse than Stanley

People slating the Crouch brothers are just wrong, it's fashionable at the moment to think inside mids are a dime and dozen and one paced blah blah, but every team needs solid inside mids, just because the crows are having a bad year doesn't mean they won't work next year (as they did for the entire 2017 until the GF) or at another club.

IF Gold Coast wanted them both (and they are keen on a couple other crows) the deal would have to be fair for both, something like;

GOLD COAST GET : Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch, Hugh Greenwood + 2nd Rounder
CROWS GET : Jack Lukosius, Pick 1

The funny thing is I think Jacobs will come back with a bit of a bang.
He had time with ROB playing to actually get his body right before returning to SANFL.

How many years he has left is a big question mark, but cant be worse than Stanley
I'd take Stanley ahead of Sauce. At least he can jump! Neither do anything more than the initial ruck contest.

People slating the Crouch brothers are just wrong, it's fashionable at the moment to think inside mids are a dime and dozen and one paced blah blah, but every team needs solid inside mids, just because the crows are having a bad year doesn't mean they won't work next year (as they did for the entire 2017 until the GF) or at another club.

IF Gold Coast wanted them both (and they are keen on a couple other crows) the deal would have to be fair for both, something like;

Hahaha...yeah no chance.

You might get Pick 1 for both Brad and Matt. No chance you get Lukosius for Greenwood and a 2nd Rounder, as the second part of that trade. Greenwood is worth a late 2nd and your second would be a mid second...so pick 35 and pick 27 for arguments sake...for Lukosius...

Yeah, nah.

I hope you're not in charge of our list!

No way!

I'd hope the Crows are starting at one of Brisbane's teens picks for Greenwood, with some swaps later on heading in Bris's favour. Noble didn't do himself any favours last year when he said they were done with the draft for a few years and wanted established players.
e.g. Greenwood, 21 for 13, 34

Hahaha...yeah no chance.

You might get Pick 1 for both Brad and Matt (big MIGHT). No chance you get Lukosius for Greenwood and a 2nd Rounder, as the second part of that trade. Greenwood is worth a late 2nd and your second would be a mid second...so pick 35 and pick 27 for arguments sake...for Lukosius...

Yeah, nah.
Sounds like the crouch boys are worth more to us than anyone else. That would rule out the trade I'd suggest.

Sounds like the crouch boys are worth more to us than anyone else. That would rule out the trade I'd suggest.

Agreed. I love Brad, and think he's a class above his brother and even Sloane, but Matt is just a handball accumulator with a weak kick and barely any impact with ball in hand.

As one of the fantasy crew, I reckon you'd attest to that too :p

Hahaha...yeah no chance.

You might get Pick 1 for both Brad and Matt (big MIGHT). No chance you get Lukosius for Greenwood and a 2nd Rounder, as the second part of that trade. Greenwood is worth a late 2nd and your second would be a mid second...so pick 35 and pick 27 for arguments sake...for Lukosius...

Yeah, nah.
Prime example how undervalued the Crouch Brothers are if you think both are worth so little.

Matt Crouch a BnF / AA Australian 24yr old midfield gun who has topped the league in possessions total/avg and career average of 28+ touches.

Brad Crouch a BnF (after this year) 25yr old midfield gun with both inside/outside capability with career avg of 26+ touches including this year 30+.

Yeah, nah.

I would be utterly disappointed if we traded them both, I'd LOVE them to stay. But Gold coast filling there team with kids clearly isn't working, they need to (and Dew has mentioned multiple times) fill their list with consistent older bodies.

Let's also remember they gave pick 3 for Lachie Weller.

Plenty of inside mids are rated highly. Neale, Cripps, Cunnington, Oliver... none of these guys are renowned for their explosive pace, long kicking, goal scoring prowess etc. Matt Priddis won a Brownlow, Tom Mitchell won it last year. Couple of one paced accumulators right there.

People don't rate the Crouch brother because they don't rate the Crouch brothers.

Agreed. I love Brad, and think he's a class above his brother and even Sloane, but Matt is just a handball accumulator with a weak kick and barely any impact with ball in hand.

As one of the fantasy crew, I reckon you'd attest to that too :p
Totally agree. Brad is my fav crows player ATM. He is hard at it, tackles and runs defensively. Has a bit of mongrel about him to which we don't have enough of.
Matt is a good clearance player, but doesn't hurt teams enough. I think he could do with a new midfield coach to teach him a few new tricks.

I think the Crows can swap Matt for an outside mid such as Jack Steven type (not 1 for 1 though)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back