Free Agency Brad Crouch [joins St Kilda as a RFA for pick 23]

Remove this Banner Ad

When Priddis was at WC as a key part of the midfield they never had a good midfield. Year after he retires they win a flag......Crouch bros are poor kicks offensively, but what hurts most is defensively as they are slow they cannot cover an opposition mid going the other way. It was the same for years with Priddis at WC
Jesus. I can walk faster than Priddis could run.

I know Brad Crouch is in a s**t situation now, but have you forgotten how he used to burst from packs?

I think this is going to be the same as the Brandon Ellis situation where he’ll be borderline band 1 but sanity will prevail and an end of first round will be Awarded. It’s about his worth. I understand Adelaide supporters want more but I just can’t see it happening
Brandon Ellis was barely best 22 for Richmond.

Brad Crouch is a B&F winner. You can't compare them.

Brandon Ellis was barely best 22 for Richmond.

Brad Crouch is a B&F winner. You can't compare them.
Brandon ellis went for a pick in the late 30’s which is about what they would of got in a trade. While crouch I’d pay something around the 15 mark, so you’d get slightly less value for him, but not much

You don't know fu** all about what the Crows will offer him.

Stop pretending otherwise.
You realise you're on Bigfooty, right?

What a stupid thing to post. Honestly, why waste your bandwidth pointing out that, yes, I'm not actually the list manager for the Adelaide Crows.

There's no discontent between Brad Crouch and the Crows and Brad has said constantly and publicly he'd rather stay.

If the market is low for Crouch OBVIOUSLY the Crows would be better off keeping him and trading others, because he'd be great value. If the market is about what you'd expect, they'd be better off getting the compo. He's not Wingard, or a player that doesn't want to stay at the club. He's like Greenwood or Keath - a player that would want to stay at the Crows if the money is right.

Last edited by a moderator:
we are all here discussing trades, contarcts and stuff we all have minimal idea about.
Exactly, so we don't pretend we have any idea what the club will pay.

If anything the Crows can afford to pay him more then his value given they'll be filled with kids in coming years on minimum salary.

And if they don't wanna play a team of teenagers they'll need too.

What clubs does everyone think are realistic/a good fit for Crouch?

Richmond? Carlton? North? Who else could do with another inside mid?
Bit left field but what about Sydney?

Forgetting cost/position for a moment.
Nope for Carlton. Have enough young inside mids. Cripps, Setterfield, Kennedy, Dow. We need classy players with great footskills

Definitely worth a look for Sydney given Kennedy is the wrong side of 30.

Need another big body in there to support Parker and the kids coming through.

It's a sad state of affairs at the moment that Brad Crouch is our number 1 midfielder. At most other clubs, he'd be number 3, at best. I'm hoping he gets an offer elsewhere that we won't match, and we (hopefully) get pick 2. I'd take pick 2 vs. Brad Crouch anyday. Come on down Elijah Hollands.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a sad state of affairs at the moment that Brad Crouch is our number 1 midfielder. At most other clubs, he'd be number 3, at best. I'm hoping he gets an offer elsewhere that we won't match, and we (hopefully) get pick 2. I'd take pick 2 vs. Brad Crouch anyday. Come on down Elijah Hollands.
He would easily be a number 2 at most club's. He's actually been pretty good this year and not many friends in that department. Would say he is leading the best and fairest.
But yeah I would prefer pick 2 because we need to get a group of young midfielders coming through together to peak in 5 years time.

He would easily be a number 2 at most club's. He's actually been pretty good this year and not many friends in that department. Would say he is leading the best and fairest.
But yeah I would prefer pick 2 because we need to get a group of young midfielders coming through together to peak in 5 years time.
If the Saints were to go for him and get him, he'd be our best mid I'd say. Feel like he would compliment a midfield with Billings and Hill on the outside.

I don't rate him at that level, but acknowledge he would be a better player in a better team.

How many years do you offer him to entice his signature?

Turns 27 in January.

Will be looking for a 5yr deal but is that too risky?

How many years do you offer him to entice his signature?

Turns 27 in January.

Will be looking for a 5yr deal but is that too risky?
5 years is the norm for a FA agent, I'd say. At 26/27, Ellis got 5 years and is thriving. I see nothing wrong with that length if you feel he can complement a side.

5 years is the norm for a FA agent, I'd say. At 26/27, Ellis got 5 years and is thriving. I see nothing wrong with that length if you feel he can complement a side.
Crouch has had a pretty ordinary injury run throughout his career though

26 and a half and has only managed 89 games

5 years seems like a risk to me

It will be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't get band one compo and whether the Crows match a bit.

I can't see anyone giving up more than a very late first for him so i wonder whether they just take the end of first round compo or look to trade.

I get what you're saying but if he gets through this year thats 3 years out of the last 4 hes been fit and quality.
I think a lot of clubs would take the risk. 4 years would probably seem right.

It will be interesting to see what happens if he doesn't get band one compo and whether the Crows match a bit.

I can't see anyone giving up more than a very late first for him so i wonder whether they just take the end of first round compo or look to trade.

Ive always wondered whether some underhanded deals could be done to benefit both parties.
Say someone wants Crouch.
Whats stopping them and AFC doing a deal to say pay Crouch enough to make band 1 and we will do 'x trade' with you on draft day?

I mean obviously it would be considered tampering but seems pretty hard to stop.

I dont see him as a good fit at Gold Coast. They have a fair few similar style players. Gold Coast midfield needs a bit more speed and dash. Theyd be better off targeting Brodie Smith from Adelaide then Crouch

Brad Crouch best fit would be at Essendon I think.

His groin was a major problem. Played through 2017 getting a needle every game. It flared up during the 2018 pre-season and he ultimately had surgery and missed the entire season. I don't think he's missed a game since his return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back