Contracted Brad Crouch [RFA in 2020]

FyfeToAdelaide

Club Legend
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hmmm very selective posting ! Why would you select the period between 2016 ? Why not just quote his career ?
Keath & Greenwood have both asked to be traded so not sure how they would be 'desperate' to stay when they have asked to be traded

Crouch will sign but it wont be for $700k to stay at the crows when he will be a FA next year and with another good season he could get close to 900k from a club thats desperate for his type and clubs pay more when no trade is required.

Jenkins being pushed out could become a big problem for Crows if he is not at another club with the remaining dollars in his contract being paid by the crows
and looking more and more likely the betts deal is done for a 50/50 slip in his salary being shared
They asked to be traded after Adelaide didn't give them a contract with the amount of years they wanted as the guy you quoted clearly stated. He used from 2016 because that's since he's been healthier and being more recent is better than being less recent... you have no idea how much crouch will sign for or how much we pay of Jenkins and Betts. If we're paying Betts its to get more currency from the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter J

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You see this is where i see a big character flaw in Brad crouch and would hate for my team to have a player like this or to go after a player like Crouch

The Adelaide crows made a massive investment in him with the pick they aquired to draft him and 7 years into his 83 game career where he has been constantly injured and been paid well to sit in rehab whilst collecting good coin and his club supporting him then he produces 1 good years and wins the B & F then even though the club that supported him is going through the most challenging period of its history with a year remaining on his contract still he is out trying to whore himself to the highest bidder - Now is it me or is this not the type of player that should be sitting on a list
I’ll cut against the grain and risk the wrath of fellow supporters.

If I’m honest I’m not thrilled with the way his management have conducted themselves this trade period.

Brad has had good long term deals pretty much all the way through. A lot of time injured.

Frankly I find it disappointing that, at a time the club could use some unity from a star player, we have him seemingly shopping himself.

Anyway what will be will be.

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins
Gold Coast will throw stupid money at him again next year, and won’t even him to sacrifice picks this time around.

If you’re Crouch it’s a huge opportunity to be the face of the club, and more than likely push up the ladder in the coming years with the plethora of young guys they have, and are just about to take in.

Maybe Gold Coast also then also offer their first next year for Matt?

TryAnHit

Senior List
Mar 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Gold Coast will throw stupid money at him again next year, and won’t even him to sacrifice picks this time around.

If you’re Crouch it’s a huge opportunity to be the face of the club, and more than likely push up the ladder in the coming years with the plethora of young guys they have, and are just about to take in.

Maybe Gold Coast also then also offer their first next year for Matt?
Would be a smart move by them...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
A lot hinges on how Adelaide perform next year. If they continue to regress, he’d be hugely tempted to accept a huge Gold Coast offer, if not sound out a Melbourne based club.

I doubt he’ll remain at Adelaide after next season.

Drewie11

Premium Gold
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
A lot hinges on how Adelaide perform next year. If they continue to regress, he’d be hugely tempted to accept a huge Gold Coast offer, if not sound out a Melbourne based club.

I doubt he’ll remain at Adelaide after next season.
you know he asked for a 5 year deal at Adelaide at the end of this year don’t you?

Drewie11

Premium Gold
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
That's all he wanted wasn't it, a long term deal from Adelaide. Ask for five but very happy to settle on four years.
yep tried for it at the end of the year. I doubt very much he was asking for a million dollars a year but his manager doing what managers do to try and force Adelaide to cough up for a big contract

La Dispute

La Dispute
Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
you know he asked for a 5 year deal at Adelaide at the end of this year don’t you?
He will get a five-year at the Gold Coast or elsewhere for more money, pending him running out another full season.

If Adelaide continue downward he’ll explore his options again, and see what transpires.

jezzajay

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Giants, Lakers
Gee...just read how badly he wanted out of Adelaide. How the suns let that one slip is a little mind boggling with how much they had to work with.

Top Bottom