DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
15? Go on.
Well there were a number of other crows mentioned as definitely leaving last trade period.

Start there:
Talia, Smith, B Crouch, M Crouch just off the top of my head. That's 4 players in ONE team in ONE trade period that were leaving and didnt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
He hasn't because he thought he was worth Fyfe/Dangerfield/Martin money and the other clubs said no.

But go on believing that quality players aren't trying to leave Adelaide in droves, even before we demoralised you. I'm sure 5AA has a bunch more conspiracy theories as to why the AFL hates Adelaide for you to buy into.
So he doesn't want out?
He wants a big offer?

You've contradicted yourself already.

If he really wanted out that badly why would he put a restrictive price on his own head?

Do you people think before you write or what?

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Well there were a number of other crows mentioned as definitely leaving last trade period.

Start there:
Talia, Smith, B Crouch, M Crouch just off the top of my head. That's 4 players in ONE team in ONE trade period that were leaving and didnt.
Don't forget Laird who met with Brisbane apparently, Darcy Fogarty who wasn't getting a game wanted to leave as well, Gibbs wanted to go back to Carlton, Hartigan wanted to move to Victoria and Riley Knight wanted to move to Carlton (another one Carlton couldn't get over the line, well played SOS)

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Don't forget Laird who met with Brisbane apparently, Darcy Fogarty who wasn't getting a game wanted to leave as well, Gibbs wanted to go back to Carlton, Hartigan wanted to move to Victoria and Riley Knight wanted to move to Carlton (another one Carlton couldn't get over the line, well played SOS)
Oh yeh forgot about those.
Does everyone else here remember those names?

Surprised we have any players left (only 9 of our B+F top 10)

Kreuuuzeurns

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton

Start there:
Didn’t see much about Talia or Smith bar a random tweet here and there.
Maclure definitely didn’t break those.

A lot of paranoia over an otherwise ok journo. Yeah his opinions can be way off but he gets some good mail worth listening too.

jezzajay

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sturt, 49ers, Giants, Lakers
Carlton didn’t want him...nothing for SOS to get over the line.

Harro59

Team Captain
May 14, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I didn't read any of those names you mentioned anywhere.

The only names mentioned early on the were the initial 7.

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I didn't read any of those names you mentioned anywhere.

The only names mentioned early on the were the initial 7.
Point is they were all reported in media by different people.
Some of them were reported by McClure.

There's a reason he was dumped from the TV gigs. He's not liked or respected by the players or the public.

C4[2]Yo`DooR

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
It's been a bit of a media beat up.

He only wanted to join GC because of the dollars that were on offer, but he wasn't "desperate" to get there (or out of Adelaide FWIW).

The Brad Crouch situation marries up sequentially with GC suddenly playing hard ball with Carlton for Pick #9 in the Jack Martin discussions.

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Those names had been mentioned at some stage to the build up of trade week. The only one i am questioning is Fogarty never heard anything about him

Derwayne not much of a source but Tredrae also said it on air.
Also funny because Laird mentioned too

"as many as 10 players leaving" - Well yeah a heap left, but did Adelaide actually want to keep any of them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
1573705158774.png

Poop McClure again pulling crap out of his ass.
Info directly from his management rather than from 13 year old on twitter.

Funny Rowey states exactly what I said yesterday about McClure

Last edited:

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
So the journalist that aligns with your team's interest is the credible one... gotcha

On SM-G960W using BigFooty.com mobile app
The journalist with actual contacts, the one that has spoken to his management.
Also the story that is confirmed by pretty much anyone with half a clue and no crows vendetta.

At no point did McClure state that he had spoken with him or his management, or the suns, or anyone else.
He provided no sources, no background information.
He just shuts his eyes and throws some darts.

I mean you think you guys would learn. its 3 years in a row hes tried the same thing with the same player.

Not to mention all the other players he's been wrong about.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
View attachment 778993

Poop McClure again pulling crap out of his ass.
Info directly from his management rather than from 13 year old on twitter.

Funny Rowey states exactly what I said yesterday about McClure
Also funny Rowie says this is the off air quote, I'm just waiting for the on air quote...umm, Rowie, the idea of the off air quote is that it doesn't make it on air

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Also funny Rowie says this is the off air quote, I'm just waiting for the on air quote...umm, Rowie, the idea of the off air quote is that it doesn't make it on air
Well he didnt say the quote. He paraphrased.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

SR: So whats the go with Crouch, is what McClure wrote true?
Crouch Manager: Are you f***ing kidding, no way. That bloke is a complete and utter *****

sunsofanarchy

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If I was crouch's manager and my player had to stay there for another year, I'd say that too
Well he didnt say the quote. He paraphrased.

I'm guessing it went something like this:

SR: So whats the go with Crouch, is what McClure wrote true?
Crouch Manager: Are you f***ing kidding, no way. That bloke is a complete and utter *****

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If I was crouch's manager and my player had to stay there for another year, I'd say that too

Why?
Is Danihers manager saying that?

Kelly's manager last year was open about him wanting to leave Geelong at the end of the following year.

You'd think maybe if he'd tried 3 years in a row to get out and they hadnt facilitated a trade then the manager/player would be angry with the club and not the media hack inventing stories?

I mean none of this makes any logical sense at all.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why?

Kelly's manager last year was open about him wanting to leave Geelong at the end of the following year.

You'd think maybe if he'd tried 3 years in a row to get out and they hadnt facilitated a trade then the manager/player would be angry with the club and not the media hack inventing stories?

If he wanted to get out for 3 years in a row, I'd be angry at my manager for negotiating such a long deal!

If you want to get out, don't sign long term contracts

sunsofanarchy

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
To protect him from a bombardment of media scrutiny in his final year at the club
Why?

DangerSloane

Hall of Famer
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
If he wanted to get out for 3 years in a row, I'd be angry at my manager for negotiating such a long deal!

If you want to get out, don't sign long term contracts
I mean yeh but modern world and all that he'd be spewing at the club having 3 chances and being unable to facilitate.
As well as his manager for getting him locked in.

This is what I mean, there are so many holes in this story its like swiss cheese.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean yeh but modern world and all that he'd be spewing at the club having 3 chances and being unable to facilitate.
As well as his manager for getting him locked in.

This is what I mean, there are so many holes in this story its like swiss cheese.
there wouldn't be any accountability on the player either...sound familiar Mitch McGovern?

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

Start there:
Sam Manure also had Rory Laird wanting out to a Melbourne club at one point....the bloke is full of **it

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Top Bottom