Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I just stated that if you received better than a mid 1st rounder then it is paying more than you would get if he went as a RFA. I don's see Crows dropping to the bottom of the ladder next year, so no point discussing a compensation of pick 5 or 6. What also needs to be considered is the quality of draft compared to when you get those traded/compensation picks, while considering other possible targets. If Grundy was a realistic target this year, then the sum of all parts plays a factor in total ins and outs

While Gibbs was older, he did have more versatility as a player, thus the trade value, although I do believe Crows paid slight overs

You are putting way to much weight on one season. At the same age, he is no where near a better player than Gibbs. Again, you need to re-read my original post, I said if you extracted more than a mid 1st rounder, you should do the deal, but don't think he has a similar value to the likes of Neale or Shiel as comparisons, because he doesn't.

You won't finish near the bottom next year, I would still back your club to be in that 7-12 range next year, but you do need to be bold and target the right players. I disagree, players are no longer being held to their contracts, especially a year out from free agency, as we saw with Neale, Shiel, MAy to name a couple. Unless clubs can re-sign these players, they are more open to trading them as the return outweighs compensation picks in most cases
Haha crows paid slight overs for Gibbs?

You need to remove those Carlton glasses, nobody outside Carlton (except the desperate Crows) ever rated Gibbs, is and always has been nothing special.

Stupid move by the club but they believe we’re in the premiership window and at least we got that part right unlike Adelaide that have missed finals 2 years in row.
We know the club needs to get its house in order..no argument there but that is not anything to do with a contracted crouch's value if a team wants to try and pry him out before he becomes an RFA

Stupid move by the club but they believe we’re in the premiership window and at least we got that part right unlike Adelaide that have missed finals 2 years in row.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. We had half our senior players miss huge chunks through injury last season and we still won 12 games with a tough draw.

We believed we were in our window after playing off in a GF, any club would believe the same; to think otherwise is just ridiculous.

I am well aware of the review, again your club will work through the changes required, some people will be moved on, others will have their responsibilities altered

I think most supporters of any club are extreme in their views. Many Crow supporters had your side in the top 4, which was overestimating, just like suggesting you will finish bottom 6 next year. You have enough talent, maturity to still have a starting point of a mid table side. So, with that being the case, Brad is worth more now than what he would be as a RFA next year, even if he retains or slightly improves his form
I'm flattered you think Adelaide may make the finals next year

But I'm a realist and not delusional our 2017 year was built around tex Betts JJ lynch

Then add sauce Douglas otten

All are pretty much are gone with old age catching up to all

We haven't drafted that well to replace these hugely important players

Our only real player that looks to have something special is Fog, but he is a couple if years away from dominating

We are in rebuild mode we have mchenry and Jones from last year both outside mids though with mchenry having a suspect disposal from what I've seen, Jones could become like a polec

Then we desperately need a replacement for our only AA, squad player who is also getting on in talia

Things need a turnaround at crow land but that's why the chief and pav have been brought in the club isn't delusional either

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I never once said Gibbs was special and you just verified my point that we got overs ;)
My point is that ‘overs’ is an understatement, carlton were fortunate that all the stars aligned in their favour
- Adelaide never got over the fact they couldn’t get him father son
- Adelaide believed he was the missing link for a flag
- Gibbs happened to have 2 good seasons in succession

Otherwise Gibbs was a second rounder at best

I'm flattered you think Adelaide may make the finals next year

But I'm a realist and not delusional our 2017 year was built around tex Betts JJ lynch

Then add sauce Douglas otten

All are pretty much are gone with old age catching up to all

We haven't drafted that well to replace these hugely important players

Our only real player that looks to have something special is Fog, but he is a couple if years away from dominating

We are in rebuild mode we have mchenry and Jones from last year both outside mids though with mchenry having a suspect disposal from what I've seen, Jones could become like a polec

Then we desperately need a replacement for our only AA, squad player who is also getting on in talia

Things need a turnaround at crow land but that's why the chief and pav have been brought in the club isn't delusional either

Mate you are the most sensible and realistic Adelaide supporter on this forum.

I put up actual statistics as to where crouch sits in the comp on you put up your own opinion..champion
Doesn’t Matt Crouch have better ‘stats’ than Brad over their respective careers?
Yet Brads the better player correct? At least I view him as better as he’s more effective.

Crouch arguably had a better year than everyone you listed with the exception of MAYBE Nat Fyfe, Treloar, Bont, Neale and Boak. But it’s a line ball at best.

Watch more footy perhaps....
Crouch had a better year than Cripps!? And you’re telling someone to watch more footy...sheesh!!!!

Which was good enough to finish 16th overall in the AFL... playing as an inside-mid, disposing of the ball constantly under pressure.

Run along now.
And by this stat Cripps is almost 7% better...yet you use this stat to pump up Crouch and suggest he’s better than Cripps!
Seriously...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And by this stat Cripps is almost 7% better...yet you use this stat to pump up Crouch and suggest he’s better than Cripps!
Seriously...
All supporters know Cripps is clearly the best up and coming mid in the league that has the opportunity to follow and take over yhe mantle of danger and fyfe

Anyway suggesting otherwise is just showing their club bias

All supporters know Cripps is clearly the best up and coming mid in the league that has the opportunity to follow and take over yhe mantle of danger and fyfe

Anyway suggesting otherwise is just showing their club bias

But the person I’m responding to doesn’t know this.

I wonder why no team tags Crouch? I wonder why it almost seemed as if Teague had the Carlton players sagging off Crouch? Perhaps he is a non-damaging accumulator.

The Crouch brothers are almost the only midfielders in the comp you would be happy to allow 40 possessions to and know it won’t really affect the game
You realise in 2017..brad crouch's last full season before this year the crows midfield was on of the most dominant in the league..you don't thing having crap line coaches now has anything to do with how the whole team has played?. change the set ups to allow the team to move the ball faster and the hard work the crouch brothers do will be far better rewarded

So a bit like Collingwood paying two first rounders for a broken down 28 year old Dayne Beams?

Circumstances different- becauase you’re not looking at the complete picture.

You conveniently forget that Collingwood had an NGA product that had pick 11 bid on him—-effectively meaning Collingwood’s first pick was going to be used here regardless.

So the club opted to trade it out and bring an player in and then use an plethora of late picks to still effectively have an first round pick - pick 13 Isaac Quaynor and an second round pick at pick 29 in Will Kelly- all with any combination of late picks effectively but still 1st and 2nd round in the end.

Beams — too soon to say if it was the wrong move but the logic here is sound as to why we did it- as opposed to having an pick that was pretty much dormant if we hadn’t moved it on.

Completely different to the crows who traded for Gibbs.

Mate, he is not one of the leagues premier mids.

He is a top level B grader, bottom level A grader type.

Premier mids? He is MILES away from that. He's not Fyfe, Danger, Martin, Pendles, Macrae, Bont level. Hell, he's not Sloane level.

He's a very good player. Worth a good pick. Just ease up on the mayo bud.
You have got to be kidding. So somehow you think you know more than the AFL coaches who give the players votes after the game. You know how stupid that is
Again, nice deflection. Again, failure to address a straight forward question.

I asked you to name from the lists above who he is better than. You can't. Because he is not.

Do you know how stupid it is to assume someone doesn't know things because they're not a coach? And please tell me where I said I know more. At any point in the convo. I'll wait.

I didn't tell you that YOU didn't know anything. (although, I'm forming some pretty strong suspicions)

I'll put the list in some sort of order for you seeing as though you're incapable of doing it. Body of work, consistency, peak levels all taken into account.
Quick hint, Crouch won't be above any of them. Again, feel free to re sort them. Give me an opinion, you can do it.

Fyfe
Martin
Danger
Pendles
Bont (will rise)
Sloane
Macrae (will rise, if just this year he'd be right up there.)
Crouch.

There you go champ.

Crouch had a better year than Cripps!? And you’re telling someone to watch more footy...sheesh!!!!
You know times are strange when I'm uniting with a Carlton supporter. My goodness, if Cripps was parachuted into any of the top 4 sides now you'd just shut the whole thing down. Bloke is a gun.

You could not say the same about Crouch. It would hardly cause a ripple in comparison.

My point is that ‘overs’ is an understatement, carlton were fortunate that all the stars aligned in their favour
- Adelaide never got over the fact they couldn’t get him father son
- Adelaide believed he was the missing link for a flag
- Gibbs happened to have 2 good seasons in succession

Otherwise Gibbs was a second rounder at best

A 2nd rounder? Now that is completely undervaluing him at that point in time

Again, nice deflection. Again, failure to address a straight forward question.

I asked you to name from the lists above who he is better than. You can't. Because he is not.

Do you know how stupid it is to assume someone doesn't know things because they're not a coach? And please tell me where I said I know more. At any point in the convo. I'll wait.

I didn't tell you that YOU didn't know anything. (although, I'm forming some pretty strong suspicions)

I'll put the list in some sort of order for you seeing as though you're incapable of doing it. Body of work, consistency, peak levels all taken into account.
Quick hint, Crouch won't be above any of them. Again, feel free to re sort them. Give me an opinion, you can do it.

Fyfe
Martin
Danger
Pendles
Bont (will rise)
Sloane
Macrae (will rise, if just this year he'd be right up there.)
Crouch.

There you go champ.
So you are doubling down.. ignoring the 18 club coaches and sticking fat with your own opinion.

You know times are strange when I'm uniting with a Carlton supporter. My goodness, if Cripps was parachuted into any of the top 4 sides now you'd just shut the whole thing down. Bloke is a gun.

You could not say the same about Crouch. It would hardly cause a ripple in comparison.
if you place cripps in your midfield you guys would be unbeatable, it would be ridiculous

You actually have no idea and it shows. Please put up some data to show brad crouch is not an A grade player in the comp
Mate are you for real !! Data does not dictate who is A grade and who is not but just as an example if you want an A grade outside mid can i sell you Brandon Ellis.

Get off the champion data site and watch football , As i said there would be atleast 20 mids i would have ahead of brad crouch who has managed less that 50% games his career. Even if Dustin Martin was the player in question playing so little games due to injuru i wouldnt trade a top 5 pick as your suggesting

#15-#20 about his value

Remove this Banner Ad

Back