Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

You do realise trading value has more to do with what a player might do in the future, rather than his immediate past

Crouch is a ball winner, but has lower impact factor versus the numbers he racks up. The other factor, he is only a midfielder with no second position.

If he attracted better value than a combined mid first rounder, you would jump at that deal
Absolutely correct and when you factor in just 83 games in his career then you would have to question if he has another 80 games in him !

Mate are you for real !! Data does not dictate who is A grade and who is not but just as an example if you want an A grade outside mid can i sell you Brandon Ellis.

Get off the champion data site and watch football , As i said there would be atleast 20 mids i would have ahead of brad crouch who has managed less that 50% games his career. Even if Dustin Martin was the player in question playing so little games due to injuru i wouldnt trade a top 5 pick as your suggesting

#15-#20 about his value
Although FA will get us what we want

Although you finally worked out that Day wasn't returning FA compo when you finally had a look hey?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mate are you for real !! Data does not dictate who is A grade and who is not but just as an example if you want an A grade outside mid can i sell you Brandon Ellis.

Get off the champion data site and watch football , As i said there would be atleast 20 mids i would have ahead of brad crouch who has managed less that 50% games his career. Even if Dustin Martin was the player in question playing so little games due to injury i wouldnt trade a top 5 pick as your suggesting

#15-#20 about his value
Well you seem like another that holds your opinion higher than the coaches of the 18 clubs who up til round 23 had brad crouch on performance inside the TOP 20 players in the comp in 2019..like i said to another on this thread..i'll back the opinions of the senior coaches over some big footy poster who obviously has not seen the guy he is commenting on play

But the person I’m responding to doesn’t know this.

Don’t be daft, and don’t assume you know what I do or do not know. You’d be a far more respected poster if you weren’t such a troll every time an Adelaide supporter posts anything.

I never disputed Cripps being an out and out gun, not once did I ever suggest Crouch was a better player than Cripps. Please show me where I proclaimed Crouch a “better player than Cripps”

I clearly stated Crouch had arguably a better year than Cripps statistically, and looking at the numbers, it really is line ball in Crouch’s favour given he spent 11% less TOG and got as much if not more done than Cripps in that time.

(Crouch on the left)

738322 738323

Base stats alone below. Crouch far more consistent in less game time.

Crouch:

Cripps:

Attachments

• 4BA553D3-BC39-41B5-B9A0-9076F8814D95.png
    4BA553D3-BC39-41B5-B9A0-9076F8814D95.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 125
  • 61480C82-9678-4A6A-A611-80A748D052F0.png
    61480C82-9678-4A6A-A611-80A748D052F0.png
    155 KB · Views: 138
Doesn’t Matt Crouch have better ‘stats’ than Brad over their respective careers?
Yet Brads the better player correct? At least I view him as better as he’s more effective.

Given Brad Crouch has never completed anywhere near a full preseason since being drafted, it’s simple to deduce Matt’s output would be greater on paper.

And you’re correct, Brad is the better player of the two brothers.

Don’t be daft, and don’t assume you know what I do or do not know. You’d be a far more respected poster if you weren’t such a troll every time an Adelaide supporter posts anything.

I never disputed Cripps being an out and out gun, not once did I ever suggest Crouch was a better player than Cripps. Please show me where I proclaimed Crouch a “better player than Cripps”

I clearly stated Crouch had arguably a better year than Cripps statistically, and looking at the numbers, it really is line ball in Crouch’s favour given he spent 11% less TOG and got as much if not more done than Cripps in that time.

(Crouch on the left)

View attachment 738322View attachment 738323

Crouch:

View attachment 738328

Cripps:

View attachment 738329
HAHAHAHA you just compared cripps to crouch, thats when you know your football opinion is worthless, cripps has 2-3 people holding onto him at every stoppage, crouch is rarely tagged and is able to run around with no one near him if you ask ANY neutral supporter on who you would rather in their team i guarantee they will say cripps

Well you seem like another that holds your opinion higher than the coaches of the 18 clubs who up til round 23 had brad crouch on performance inside the TOP 20 players in the comp in 2019..like i said to another on this thread..i'll back the opinions of the senior coaches over some big footy poster who obviously has not seen the guy he is commenting on play
You really dont get it , Crouch had a good year and nobody doubts that but he was not in the best 20 mids in the comp. Now when trading for a player would or wouldnt you take into account his ability to remain on the ground which is the biggest issue with him as far as im concerned.

Lets say he spends half of 2020 injured there is no way clubs are going to throw big dollars at him with his injury record

But just to give you an example of what im trying to explain to you is Jamie Elliot who is 18 months older but has actually played 20 games more than Crouch so their games played v Injury record is similar and no team was prepared to throw $$$ at him to get a compo pick as your described

The guy just cant stay on the park to continue to deliver what he did this year

HAHAHAHA you just compared cripps to crouch, thats when you know your football opinion is worthless, cripps has 2-3 people holding onto him at every stoppage, crouch is rarely tagged and is able to run around with no one near him if you ask ANY neutral supporter on who you would rather in their team i guarantee they will say cripps

How does Crouch amass the 24th most contested possessions AFL-wide with no-one near him? Please enlighten me.

Brad crouch was ranked 20th in the entire comp by the coaches going into the final round of the comp. So to the other clubs supporters trying to talk down crouch, the other 17 clubs know how good he was this year and know he will cost an arm and a leg to pry out of adelaide..end of discussion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-163604.png
    Screenshot_20190901-163604.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 145
You really dont get it , Crouch had a good year and nobody doubts that but he was not in the best 20 mids in the comp. Now when trading for a player would or wouldnt you take into account his ability to remain on the ground which is the biggest issue with him as far as im concerned.

Lets say he spends half of 2020 injured there is no way clubs are going to throw big dollars at him with his injury record

But just to give you an example of what im trying to explain to you is Jamie Elliot who is 18 months older but has actually played 20 games more than Crouch so their games played v Injury record is similar and no team was prepared to throw $$$ at him to get a compo pick as your described

The guy just cant stay on the park to continue to deliver what he did this year
How do you know he is not fully recovered after all he has just played the entire year. I'll bet again you have nfi about his fitness and you are just guessing to suit your ridiculous narrative

Edit. Jaeger o'meara cost pick 10 and a 2nd round pick and had not played for 2 seasons and brad crouch is in better form and is easily the equal of him as a player. So your injury excuse is just a fallacy in terms of his worth

How do you know he is not fully recovered after all he has just played the entire year. I'll bet again you have nfi about his fitness and you are just guessing to suit your ridiculous narrative

Edit. Jaeger o'meara cost pick 10 and a 2nd round pick and had not played for 2 seasons and brad crouch is in better form and is easily the equal of him as a player. So your injury excuse is just a fallacy in terms of his worth

Nobody knows if he has or has not but looking at his history over 8 years its not going to get better as he gets older
no point in arguing with you anymore its like banging your head against a brick wall but i can tell you straight out that there is no way in the world would i want my team giving up a top 5 pick for a player thats managed just 83 games in 7/8 years as you most likely wont get 100 games from him

Regarding JOM , How old was he when Hawks traded for him 22 ? you think that might have something to do with that ? or maybe the Suns medical staff being inept with many players like Lynch , Prestia etc having similar issue's

Nobody knows if he has or has not but looking at his history over 8 years its not going to get better as he gets older
no point in arguing with you anymore its like banging your head against a brick wall but i can tell you straight out that there is no way in the world would i want my team giving up a top 5 pick for a player thats managed just 83 games in 7/8 years as you most likely wont get 100 games from him

Regarding JOM , How old was he when Hawks traded for him 22 ? you think that might have something to do with that ? or maybe the Suns medical staff being inept with many players like Lynch , Prestia etc having similar issue's
Bloody oath its like banging my head against a brick wall because you have not been able to dispute one fact i put up..just rhetoric and guesswork

Edit: and even now you are trying to squeeze out of the jaeger omeara trade. A guy that had not played for 2 years and had almosylt no body of work behind him. Btw. Crouch is 26..coming into his prime. But again don't let facts stand in the way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Crouch amass the 24th most contested possessions AFL-wide with no-one near him? Please enlighten me.

There is a difference between winning a ball in a contest and having players hanging off you like Cripps does.

I.e Cripps was breaking records against the crows in contested possessions, because he wasn’t being worn anywhere near as close in that game as in almost any other game this year. But still tighter than opposition play Crouch

To put this into context, if the opposition put the same time into Cripps as they do Brad Crouch, it’s not out of the question that Cripps would average over 40 disposals and 2 goals per game.

There is a difference between winning a ball in a contest and having players hanging off you like Cripps does.

I.e Cripps was breaking records against the crows in contested possessions, because he wasn’t being worn anywhere near as close in that game as in almost any other game this year. But still tighter than opposition play Crouch

To put this into context, if the opposition put the same time into Cripps as they do Brad Crouch, it’s not out of the question that Cripps would average over 40 disposals and 2 goals per game.
Superstar..no doubt. Brad crouch is very similar to treloar as a player. Totally different to cripps who is much taller and physically stronger (than most players in the league)

Bloody oath its like banging my head against a brick wall because you have not been able to dispute one fact i put up..just rhetoric and guesswork

Edit: and even now you are trying to squeeze out of the jaeger omeara trade. A guy that had not played for 2 years and had almosylt no body of work behind him. Btw. Crouch is 26..coming into his prime. But again don't let facts stand in the way

FMD Yet Jaeger has played more games than crouch

Superstar..no doubt. Brad crouch is very similar to treloar as a player. Totally different to cripps who is much taller and physically stronger (than most players in the league)

Crouch to me I would rate close to a Taylor Adams from Collingwood. Not an elite ball carrier like Treloar but capable in that area. The strength of his game is in his ability to win the fight for the ball. Brings intensity to the contest.

(Crouch on the left)

View attachment 738322View attachment 738323

Crouch:

View attachment 738328

Cripps:

View attachment 738329

Respect from you means nothing to me. Never even noticed you until today. Call me a troll all you like, I just call out bulshit when I see it and I don't respond to every crow supporters post :rolleyes:

You did say Crouch had a better year than Cripps...and I quote...
"Crouch arguably had a better year than everyone you listed with the exception of MAYBE Nat Fyfe, Treloar, Bont, Neale and Boak."
Cripps was part of that list you are talking about. That in itself says you dispute Cripps in comparison.

As for your fluff stats provided...Cripps' efficiency answers that for me. The Supercoach avg points says a bit also (way more indicative than champion data/fantasy).
Brads brother proves that racking up possessions means nothing...its what you do with the ball that counts!

Crouch does not have the same presence on field, or gains the same attention/respect from taggers/opposition... or more than one player at a time like Cripps.
I dont deny Crouch can play, and I'm more than happy to see the guy get a fair run this year with no injuries - but he isn't at Cripps' level.

Respect from you means nothing to me. Never even noticed you until today. Call me a troll all you like, I just call out buls**t when I see it and I don't respond to every crow supporters post :rolleyes:

You did say Crouch had a better year than Cripps...and I quote...
"Crouch arguably had a better year than everyone you listed with the exception of MAYBE Nat Fyfe, Treloar, Bont, Neale and Boak."
Cripps was part of that list you are talking about. That in itself says you dispute Cripps in comparison.

As for your fluff stats provided...Cripps' efficiency answers that for me. The Supercoach avg points says a bit also (way more indicative than champion data/fantasy).
Brads brother proves that racking up possessions means nothing...its what you do with the ball that counts!

Crouch does not have the same presence on field, or gains the same attention/respect from taggers/opposition... or more than one player at a time like Cripps.
I dont deny Crouch can play, and I'm more than happy to see the guy get a fair run this year with no injuries - but he isn't at Cripps' level.
MacRae, Dunkley, you could go on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back