Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Remove this Banner Ad

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
One of those stupid Facebook groups suggesting the Blues are offering 5 - years whilst my Bombers have thrown there hat in the ring with a 4 - year deal (along with another club offering 4 years). Would happily, happily, happily take Brad Crouch at the Bombers. Crows unwilling to offer anything more than 2 years.
Doesn’t he have a history of OP? That scares me.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Had Crouch in SuperCoach all year and one thing I noticed, his disposal was close to the worst of any midfielder in the league this year. This is surprising having seen a heap of Brad play through high school, juniors and early in his career at Adelaide.

The only decent mid with worse disposal this year was Tim Taranto.

The weird thing is Brad was always a good user when he was younger and Matt was the known butcher of the ball. So many people in the local league, TAC cup etc. found that 30 touches from Matt would never hurt you, but 20-25 from Brad could do a heap of damage.

Now they both get 30 and neither is damaging at all, but Brad’s fall from grace of once being a good ball user is crazy. I don’t know if it was the fitness etc of playing out a full year this season but geez he doesn’t even look, just throws it on the boot or kicks off the ground so many times straight to the opposition.

Went at 46% efficiency by foot this season, which was one of the worst in the league for any mid.

At his best, fully fit, he’s a gun but he’s never had a season where he’s either fit or put it all together and actually impacted games and been damaging.

In saying that, if Shiel is worth what he got from Essendon then B.Crouch isn’t any worse at age 26 than Shiel is tbh.

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Had Crouch in SuperCoach all year and one thing I noticed, his disposal was close to the worst of any midfielder in the league this year. This is surprising having seen a heap of Brad play through high school, juniors and early in his career at Adelaide.

The weird thing is Brad was always a good user when he was younger and Matt was the known butcher of the ball. So many people in the local league, TAC cup etc. found that 30 touches from Matt would never hurt you, but 20-25 from Brad could do a heap of damage.

Now they both get 30 and neither is damaging at all, but Brad’s fall from grace of once being a good ball user is crazy. I don’t know if it was the fitness etc of playing out a full year this season but geez he doesn’t even look, just throws it on the boot or kicks off the ground so many times straight to the opposition.

Went at 46% efficiency by foot this season, which was one of the worst in the league for any mid.

At his best, fully fit, he’s a gun but he’s never had a season where he’s either fit or put it all together and actually impacted games and been damaging.

In saying that, if Shiel is worth what he got from Essendon then B.Crouch isn’t any worse at age 26 than Shiel is tbh.

This basically sums up Adelaide’s midfield - they’re all playing with those same qualities.

Brad is a good player, and hopefully will build even more with an uninterrupted season and preseason behind him. I’d hate him to leave... but if the price is right.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Crows never should have traded for Gibbs - it's hard to know how ruined a player is when he's playing for a terrible team. You're better leaving them there because they can't be fixed.

The deal was fine - a first and a pick swap into a better draft. That pick 16 we gave Carlton has now become two early seconds, which is a great deal - 16 for 21 and 30.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
One of those stupid Facebook groups suggesting the Blues are offering 5 - years whilst my Bombers have thrown there hat in the ring with a 4 - year deal (along with another club offering 4 years). Would happily, happily, happily take Brad Crouch at the Bombers. Crows unwilling to offer anything more than 2 years.
Offer more than 2 years? He's already under contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No way the Crows do it for that. Miles under.
Crows never should have traded for Gibbs - it's hard to know how ruined a player is when he's playing for a terrible team. You're better leaving them there because they can't be fixed.

The deal was fine - a first and a pick swap into a better draft. That pick 16 we gave Carlton has now become two early seconds, which is a great deal - 16 for 21 and 30.
:think:

Mikevk123

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2019
AFL Club
Essendon

Yep had him to. Can’t say he wasn’t bad though at 425k was it ? But really would get annoying

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I have no idea what you are trying to show me ? but if its about Brad Crouch the guy thats played 83 games in 8 years then not interested he wouldnt get a game at Richmond.

Due to being injured
It looked like you were inferring the crows were a terrible team and that Brad crouch is ruined as a player (he is absolutely not and he would walk into the best 22 of any team in the comp). So I just put up the score from the game this year where the crows beat the tigers

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
It looked like you were inferring the crows were a terrible team and that Brad crouch is ruined as a player (he is absolutely not and he would walk into the best 22 of any team in the comp). So I just put up the score from the game this year where the crows beat the tigers
This is what totally ruined your club

And atleast if Brad came to Richmond he knows the Richmond song lol

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is what totally ruined your club

And atleast if Brad came to Richmond he knows the Richmond song lol
Maybe, but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining and since that day, the boys have only had to listen to that song at the end of a game once. Richmond have been able to get much better acquainted with the crows song having lost 2 of the last 3 times the teams have played each other

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Maybe, but as they say, every cloud has a silver lining and since that day, the boys have only had to listen to that song at the end of a game once. Richmond have been able to get much better acquainted with the crows song having lost 2 of the last 3 times the teams have played each other
LOL your team has that song ringing in their heads 24/7

Enjoy the finals mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back