Recommitted Brad Crouch [RFA 2020]

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Does anybody here believe Brad Crouch after just 1 extremely good year is worth $1,000,000 x 5/6 years ?

Based on his injury riddled past and taking into account his great 2019 season it puts him into the $600k range with maybe another $100k if he moves to freo/GC.

I really like to see him stay at the crows and have another year like 2019 and let the market pay him what he is worth but why does he want to extend 1 year early ? He is contracted then a RFA . You signed the bloody deal see it through and if you are not earning enough for 2020 consider it as paying back what you didnt earn but were payed for in 2018
Only GC think that...oh, and his manager

Corkie

Premiership Player
Aug 6, 2013
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Gold Coast United
He is playing both clubs.

His manager knows Suns need an A grade mid and will pay overs and he knows the Crows are in damage control.

I feel there is still a lot to play out in the next few days.

Possibly even the Suns paying overs for Greenwood to entice the Crows into the Brouch deal?

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
GC COULD finish above Richmond too...but it's not likely.

Adelaide had a shocking year and finished with 10 wins, while GC had 3. That's a lot to make up, and with the off and in field changes, Richmond are more of a chance to play an away gane than GC to finish above us
LOl the fact you are even mentioning Richmond & Adelaide in the same sentence is funny

Crows are in for some really tough times but you guys cant see this yet

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Everyone knows he isn't worth that but given GC's difficulties attracting players they should at least consider the possibility. Given the generosity of the draft picks concessions recently received I wouldn't be overly surprised if GC also received salary cap concessions too.

He wants to extend a year early because he currently isn't earning anything close to that, instant pay rise.

You see this is where i see a big character flaw in Brad crouch and would hate for my team to have a player like this or to go after a player like Crouch

The Adelaide crows made a massive investment in him with the pick they aquired to draft him and 7 years into his 83 game career where he has been constantly injured and been paid well to sit in rehab whilst collecting good coin and his club supporting him then he produces 1 good years and wins the B & F then even though the club that supported him is going through the most challenging period of its history with a year remaining on his contract still he is out trying to whore himself to the highest bidder - Now is it me or is this not the type of player that should be sitting on a list

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
You see this is where i see a big character flaw in Brad crouch and would hate for my team to have a player like this or to go after a player like Crouch

The Adelaide crows made a massive investment in him with the pick they aquired to draft him and 7 years into his 83 game career where he has been constantly injured and been paid well to sit in rehab whilst collecting good coin and his club supporting him then he produces 1 good years and wins the B & F then even though the club that supported him is going through the most challenging period of its history with a year remaining on his contract still he is out trying to whore himself to the highest bidder - Now is it me or is this not the type of player that should be sitting on a list

Could be worse, imagine if he was the captain of the club wanting out.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
He is playing both clubs.

His manager knows Suns need an A grade mid and will pay overs and he knows the Crows are in damage control.

I feel there is still a lot to play out in the next few days.

Possibly even the Suns paying overs for Greenwood to entice the Crows into the Brouch deal?
Nah, my guess No deal for him. Asking his availability is different from desperate after him like the Weller deal.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Now lets get back onto Brad Crouch , Why is he looking to move for a better deal whilst still in contract and yet at the same time is looking to extend his deal to 5 years at $1 mil .

He is contracted why all this noise , What is going on at the Crows

Now lets get back onto Brad Crouch , Why is he looking to move for a better deal whilst still in contract and yet at the same time is looking to extend his deal to 5 years at $1 mil .

He is contracted why all this noise , What is going on at the Crows
Lol, a player who has 1 year left on his contract wanting a new long term deal.

Guess what, he has already agreed to a new deal. Just waiting for the new coach to sign off on it.

Keep up your "quality" posting as it is hilarious for it's ridiculousness...

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Lol, a player who has 1 year left on his contract wanting a new long term deal.

Guess what, he has already agreed to a new deal. Just waiting for the new coach to sign off on it.

Keep up your "quality" posting as it is hilarious for it's ridiculousness...
So Brad Crouch got what he wanted , Holding his club over a barrel in its worst period - Quality person :thumbsu:
Love how the crows operate

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Lukoscious for B.Crouch is such a obvious move. Gold Coast need to show some intelligence and pull the trigger. They have enough young toads, they need a man.

Its truly a fair and good move for everyone. Even if Lukoscious became the better player, who cares. Gold Coast get someone to lead the club from a physical standpoint. Lord knows it wont be Lachie Weller

I think people overrate how physical/inside both the Crouch brothers are, because of their clearance numbers. People assume "clearance = contested possession", and "contested possession = good", but it's not always true or the case. Both barely register 40% contested possession rate, which is very much on the lower side for pure "inside mids". I certainly wouldn't put them in the elite class, either as extractors or as footballers overall.

Brad Crouch
2019 - 38.80% contested possessions, 1.03 kick-to-handball ratio, 63.96% disposal efficiency, 50.3% kicking efficiency
Career - 41.87% contested possessions, 0.85 kick-to-handball ratio 67.56% disposal efficiency, 54.3% kicking efficiency

Matt Crouch
2019 - 35.02% contested possessions, 0.77 kick-to-handball ratio, 70.65% disposal efficiency, 58.1% kicking efficiency
Career - 39.12% contested possessions, 0.73 kick-to-handball ratio, 71.44% disposal efficiency, 57.4% kicking efficiency

For the amount of uncontested possessions they get, they're both poor, indirect and inefficient ball users, too. Volume over substance a lot of the time. They're both the crown princes of junk touches (Matt probably moreso than Brad, but the latter still trends similarly).

Perhaps focussing them on a totally inside role may be the way to go (given their iffy ball use), but they've never really proven they can be pure "extractors" either (and don't really quite have the bodies for it). The Crows need that type, but the Crouch brothers haven't been able to be that type of player for Adelaide. The Suns have enough of that type, but will Brad Crouch be effective in that role, or in doing his "usual thing" there?

Last edited:

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think people overrate how physical/inside both the Crouch brothers are, because of their clearance numbers. People assume "clearance = contested possession", and "contested possession = good", but it's not always true or the case. Both barely register 40% contested possession rate, which is very much on the lower side for pure "inside mids". I certainly wouldn't put them in the elite class, either as extractors or as footballers overall.

Brad Crouch
2019 - 38.80% contested possessions, 1.03 kick-to-handball ratio, 63.96% disposal efficiency, 50.3% kicking efficiency, metres gained per disposal
Career - 41.87% contested possessions, 0.85 kick-to-handball ratio 67.56% disposal efficiency, 54.3% kicking efficiency, metres gained per disposal

Matt Crouch
2019 - 35.02% contested possessions, 0.77 kick-to-handball ratio, 70.65% disposal efficiency, 58.1% kicking efficiency, metres gained per disposal
Career - 39.12% contested possessions, 0.73 kick-to-handball ratio, 71.44% disposal efficiency, 57.4% kicking efficiency, metres gained per disposal

For the amount of uncontested possessions they get, they're both poor, indirect and inefficient ball users, too. Volume over substance a lot of the time. They're both the crown princes of junk touches (Matt probably moreso than Brad, but the latter still trends similarly).

Perhaps focussing them on a totally inside role may be the way to go (given their iffy ball use), but they've never really proven they can be pure "extractors". The Crows need that type, but the Crouch brothers haven't been able to be that type of player for Adelaide. The Suns have enough of that type, but will Brad Crouch be effective in that role, or in doing his "usual thing" there?
GC would clearly be stronger with him their team comes down to price for both clubs

Adelaide will get a first next year regardless and pay him cheaply this year so they won't accept less than that unless you Are a dimwit

I wouldn't think GC would part with 1/2 Or their first pick next year The only way I reckon they do a deal if they know luko wants out and it's a straight swap

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

FyfeToAdelaide

Club Legend
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Brad Crouch got what he wanted , Holding his club over a barrel in its worst period - Quality person :thumbsu:
No matter what the result of this you're going to act like you personally won somehow? Crouch resigns then the crows gave in. Crouch leaves and why are crows losing all their players, you're just sitting here waiting to flog it up either way.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
No matter what the result of this you're going to act like you personally won somehow? Crouch resigns then crows the crows gave in. Crouch leaves and why are crows losing all their players, you're just sitting here waiting to flog it up either way.
But you see thats not actually answering the question : Why is he looking for a contract extension or speaking to clubs with another year to go ?
I could understand if he wanted to leave like Betts / Papley / daniher but he wants to stay but wants a new deal ?

The club have invested highly with the pick they gave up
Supported and payed him whilst delivering DFA 83 games in 7 years

1 good year and he is shopping himself around , Surely you guys must be pee'd off

FyfeToAdelaide

Club Legend
May 18, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
But you see thats not actually answering the question : Why is he looking for a contract extension or speaking to clubs with another year to go ?
I could understand if he wanted to leave like Betts / Papley / daniher but he wants to stay but wants a new deal ?

1 good year and he is shopping himself around , Surely you guys must be pee'd off

The only thing that is strange about the situation is how much media attention a player working out his coming contract for the next year is getting. Why would he not want the highest possible return, it's also strange how invested you are in it, I'm sure every players manager is in negotiations with their club and if not getting what theyre asking then other clubs also. They don't wait till the day their contract finishes to start negotiations.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The only thing that is strange about the situation is how much media attention a player working out his coming contract for the next year is getting. Why would he not want the highest possible return, it's also strange how invested you are in it, I'm sure every players manager is in negotiations with their club and if not getting what theyre asking then other clubs also. They don't wait till the day their contract finishes to start negotiations.

The only thing that is strange about the situation is how much media attention a player working out his coming contract
But he is not coming out of contract and is shopping himself around with a year still remaining , Usually players with a year to go wait until the season starts but Brad Crouch was doing this 3 months ago. Why ?

it's also strange how invested you are in it : Not really invested but more interested as i am a football lover and can see all the troubles that are clearly just coming to the surface in crow land

But i would like to know the Crows supporters opinion about the points i made but seems to be avoided for what ever reason.

Crows invested a massive amount in the pick required to select brad Crouch with and after 7 years of injury and support from the club whilst getting paid well and only delivering 83 games in 7 years after just 1 good year he is out shopping himself around to the highest bidder whilst supposedly happy to stay with a year left - Surely this must be disappointing from a supporters view point to see this

Lol, he isn't getting $1m pa.

No different to Dusty's manager using North to get him a big long term deal.

Keep peddling muck though as only thing you are good at... ;)

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lol, he isn't getting $1m pa.

No different to Dusty's manager using North to get him a big long term deal.

Keep peddling muck though as only thing you are good at... ;)
Look he already decided to stay at Adelaide no point shopping him around this trade period. If he is not asking for 1 million why not just keep him.

Maybe thats just you , Your reputation with the carlton supporters for being delusional was not wrong and i can see why they believe this.

Now regarding Brad Crouch as thats what this thread is about

Why would a player who has a year to run on his contract after years of being injured be looking and talking to clubs about a $1 mil x 5 year deal
what is happening at the crows that is making contracted players like crouch , Jenkins,Betts etc want to leave ?

What have the Crows done to these players
Because he has a smart player manager lol.

Same as what Dusty did... ;)

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Because he has a smart player manager lol.

Same as what Dusty did... ;)
No nothing like Dusty , The Dusty negotiations started after his last season started but Crouch situation is very different
plus Dusty was a free agent with 170 games under his belt with already a good body of work for the Tigers

longdonkey

Premiership Player
Jul 27, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think Adelaide will extract the best combo value for Crouch next year and if they want Lukosious they can use either that combo or their pick to get him. Not a fan of Craig Cameron but he should see that as best opportunity to extract best value for Lukosius if he decided to go home to Adelaide.
He will not want to be the man who let Lukocious go like whoever the Freo list manager was who let McLeod walk for Chris Groom. Gold Coast will certainly want and reasonably expect to get more for Lukocious than B Crouch.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane

Excellent in 2017 as well.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Lol - Jenkins and Betts are being pushed out the door by the club. Keath and Greenwood were desperate to stay but the club doesn't want to give aging players the length of contract they want

Crouch will re-sign at $700k or so for four years. And since 2016, he's actually played three full seasons (58 of 66 games), just missing 2018 with injury.

Hmmm very selective posting ! Why would you select the period between 2016 ? Why not just quote his career ?
Keath & Greenwood have both asked to be traded so not sure how they would be 'desperate' to stay when they have asked to be traded

Crouch will sign but it wont be for $700k to stay at the crows when he will be a FA next year and with another good season he could get close to 900k from a club thats desperate for his type and clubs pay more when no trade is required.

Jenkins being pushed out could become a big problem for Crows if he is not at another club with the remaining dollars in his contract being paid by the crows
and looking more and more likely the betts deal is done for a 50/50 slip in his salary being shared

Back