Recommitted Brad Crouch [staying at Adelaide]

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't close threads simply because someone wants them locked. When threads are no longer relevant, people stop posting in them and they fall off the front page to the graveyard that is page 2 of most forums.

Bumping them to ask for them to be locked seems counter-productive to the purpose.

If you have a proper source stating that the player has re-committed, post it here, tag a mod, report the post with the source in it, or post in the player thread directory thread at the top of the board. We can then update the thread title so that everyone posting in the thread is aware that the player has re-committed. Once that has happened people usually move on.

We don't close threads simply because someone wants them locked. When threads are no longer relevant, people stop posting in them and they fall off the front page to the graveyard that is page 2 of most forums.

Bumping them to ask for them to be locked seems counter-productive to the purpose.

If you have a proper source stating that the player has re-committed, post it here, tag a mod, report the post with the source in it, or post in the player thread directory thread at the top of the board. We can then update the thread title so that everyone posting in the thread is aware that the player has re-committed. Once that has happened people usually move on.
Thanks buddy, we appreciate the info.

I would say the Adelaide list manager and the player concerned laughing about the suggestion is a fair indication of the legitimacy.
Also the player is contracted, and never sought to move, so how are we ever going to get him to 're-commit' when hes already committed?

I think the saints put it best:
43141236_565117493926909_1859608074801643520_n.jpg

I would say the Adelaide list manager and the player concerned laughing about the suggestion is a fair indication of the legitimacy.

I think the saints put it best:
43141236_565117493926909_1859608074801643520_n.jpg
I won't be updating thread titles based on silly tweets.

I updated the thread title after reading the fiveaa article.

Lol.

Courtesy call to a contracted player.

Following on from the hawthorn rumours Richmond are also into him so where there's smoke there must be some fire..

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/Brad-Crouch-s-Manager-Speaks-About-His-Phone-Call-With-Richmond

From the article

"McDonald has told Trade Radio:

“They called out of courtesy because his name was linked with them… they didn’t initiate any conversation.

“To the best of my knowledge, Brad is not going anywhere.

“He is really happy over there, lives with his brother, really excited about next year.”

Doesn't sound great for the crows.

we are very courteous. whats wrong with that? :D
Nothing . Why wouldn't you call him if his manager is shopping him around? Question is why would he leave if his brother is happy to stay? Personally I have always thought Matt crouch has been the better player. Certainly the more durable player, while Brad has always been ticketed as the star brother coming through.

But if brads not happy , I have no idea what that means for Matt, or what his contract status is.. Not that contracts mean much to the club these days if mcgovern is anything to go by.

I can't see how this has any substance. The crows invested a fair amount into both him and Matt to keep them together, including staggering their contracts to try to deter them leaving, plus we'd barely get anything in return given his injury history. Think this is just the media being the media... He was pretty important to our midfield last season and will be if he can get over his injuries.
Well Richmond are now calling. His manager must have put the word out he's taking offers. Whether that's because he wants out or he's just trying to pump up his value before entering negotiations with Adelaide who knows. And who knows what that means for Matt.

Well you'd want to shop yourself around, another chance for a win-win. Adelaide may feel he wont stay fit long term or to much risk, naturally he wants security so getting something for him and taking away the potential problem that may rear its head with Matt (if they were to hard ball or delist brad eventually) may be part of Adelaides thinking.

Trading has become more important for all teams and every team would be crazy not to consider players like Brad (injury prone but quality) as currency to fast track list building. Richmond if they could keep Brad fit and get him for pick + Stengle would surely be a good move being we are in the window.

Well Richmond are now calling. His manager must have put the word out he's taking offers. Whether that's because he wants out or he's just trying to pump up his value before entering negotiations with Adelaide who knows. And who knows what that means for Matt.
Did you not read the article? Brad has said no, his manager has said no, Richmond knew nothing about it and called out of courtesy to confirm there was no substance to it, and Reid our list manager has said absolutely no. Someone from the media made up the rumour, Richmond called to check that it was just a rumour, there is no negotiation or likewise and no substance to this rumour hence why even the mods changed the name of the thread to staying with Adelaide.

Last edited:
Did you not read the article? Brad has said no, his manager has said no, Richmond knew nothing about it and called out of courtesy to confirm there was no substance to it, and Reid our list manager has said absolutely no. Someone from the media made up the rumour, Richmond called to check that it was just a rumour, there is no negotiation or likewise and no substance to this rumour.
"To the best of my knowledge, Brad is not going anywhere."

FWIW, I think he will stay, and I hope for the Crows he does. But it's phrases like this that mean it's never a lock. It is not definitive.

He could have come out and said under no circumstances will he be leaving. But when they say "as far as I know" "to the best of my knowledge" , you know the door is not completely shut.

FWIW, I think he will stay, and I hope for the Crows he does. But it's phrases like this that mean it's never a lock. It is not definitive.

He could have come out and said under no circumstances will he be leaving. But when they say "as far as I know" "to the best of my knowledge" , you know the door is not completely shut.
That was Crouch's manager saying that. Listen to the trade radio interview that Reid gave. He said in no short words that Brad will not be traded and neither Brad nor his manager have given any indication of wanting out.

Lol.

Following on from the hawthorn rumours Richmond are also into him so where there's smoke there must be some fire..

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/sport/Brad-Crouch-s-Manager-Speaks-About-His-Phone-Call-With-Richmond

From the article

“They called out of courtesy because his name was linked with them… they didn’t initiate any conversation.

“He is really happy over there, lives with his brother, really excited about next year.”

Exactly. Multiple clubs now as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Crouch's manager saying that. Listen to the trade radio interview that Reid gave. He said in no short words that Brad will not be traded and neither Brad nor his manager have given any indication of wanting out.
As I said, I think he stays. But the phrase I highlighted means at least one side is keeping some doors open right now.

As I said, I think he stays. But the phrase I highlighted means at least one side is keeping some doors open right now.
His manager made that comment, then Reid had his interview and said absolutely not. His manager can't rule out the club looking to trade him but his club can. Both Brad and AFC have said no, Richmond had no idea about it, nothing more to see here.

Lol.

From the article

Yes on his way , remember Caddy it came out of no where , he'll be on his way

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes on his way , remember Caddy it came out of no where , he'll be on his way

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Almost hope you're right the way the Adelaide board reacted when I posted the article. All denying it as ludicrous and an over reaction and a "non event" . I even had to remind them of what they have been saying all year with this comment

Oh so NOW the Cm stuff and players leaving and our culture are a non event? Last I heard everyone on the Adelaide board wanted Burton fired and haas and fagan gone. That's not an over reaction but wanting open conversation is? Gotcha.

Hearing inside word a team has offered Brad 6 years at 700-800k per year.

What team offers a guy that has barely played a full season a 6 year contract?

I would say this has approximately 0 truth to it.

Unless its Port. They love to overpay.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back