News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Better be a big enough offer to trigger band 1, because pick 15 doesn't give St Kilda much trade currency and their first next year probably won't be great either assuming they play finals again.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
Sorry, I thought the AFL article indicated that the offer from Saints was real, but they were just talking about a hypothetical.

You'd imagine it's 4 years with a trigger for a 5th

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure tbh - I guess they haven't "officially" not matched, but would only do so if the compensation shafts us (though frick knows how all this plays out)

Yeah good point. You may be willing to pay him more if the alternative is band 2 compo.

Or he may still reject a matched offer, who knows what will happen.

giphy.gif

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wishes to go to the Saints
Was the smartest team to go.to because they are building. I'm happy for him he picked a new up and coming side than the boring Geelong. Cameron is going to waste what's left of his career at that team. Poor decision by Cameron and dumb list management by Geelong.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
https://www.afl.com.au/news/520418

ADELAIDE midfielder Brad Crouch has nominated St Kilda as his club of choice for next season.

A restricted free agent, Crouch has informed the Saints he wishes to head to Moorabbin and assist the club's pursuit for a premiership in 2021.

Should the Saints' contract be large enough – five years at roughly more than $700,000 – then Crouch's departure will net the Crows a pick (No.2) after their currently first-round selection.

But if the deal is less, then the likely compensation would gain the Crows an end-of-first-round compensation pick.

StickerMan

Club Legend
Jun 10, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Norwood,
This is the first move in the dick measuring process.

He has nominated his Club of choice, we then work with Saints to make sure it is band one.

Some more posturing to come from AFC i reckon.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cripes Pick 1 and 2... please don't screw this up
Tom Boyd, Jonathon Patton, Paddy McCartin - yikes!

Said all along that Saints were the most likely. Good chance now that they'll stump up the $ and years to avoid a trade

Brad will have a snorting good time at Morabbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back