News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
Ok.. im invested now. We know that to get Band 1 compensation (i.e. the infamous Pick 2) we need 95 pts.

I've created a spreadsheet based upon the numbers provided to determine the players salary as % of the competition. Taking into account Brad's +10 pts for being 26, the compensation table below:

View attachment 993057

Going off articles/tables/BF thread, if Brad's salary is $600K+ salary, this would trigger a Band 1 compensation.

In short, EFF the Vic Media if they think $700K salary is insufficient for band 1! !
Remember - he has to be in the top 5% of players aged 25 and over. Did you account for that in your math?

I'm also not sure where you get the 95 pts thing from - has that been stated somewhere? I might have missed that.

May 4, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Remember - he has to be in the top 5% of players aged 25 and over. Did you account for that in your math?

I'm also not sure where you get the 95 pts thing from - has that been stated somewhere? I might have missed that.
Ohh... i missed that. Not sure where I would get that data from. Just going off by the tables that were previously linked here detailing total players and salary band allocation.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know you like to assume stuff and state it as fact, but the AFL's own explanation suggests you're wrong. For you to be right, you'll need to identify a club and year that proves the AFL ignores its own explanation. As simple and confusing as a single sentence can be. "Net total points"

View attachment 993071

1970, I believe we've been through all this before. I think that the AFL policy is ambiguously worded and that the "nett" applies only if someone goes out and someone comes in. I think they have clarified that multiple outs are not netted. Otherwise, you could send a job lot of spud FAs out and nett to a high pick.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Its happening.....:drunk:

HOW SAINTS WILL GET BIG CROWS DEAL DONE

Adelaide will take on a pair of fringe Saints in order to get better compensation for Brad Crouch, according to Garry Lyon.

Crouch is keen to move to St Kilda in free agency, and the Crows appear happy to allow him to walk - as long as they get a good enough draft pick, which will be based on the size of the deal Crouch signs at his new home.

The mooted deal would see Adelaide trade for Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan, in exchange for “steak knife” late draft picks, to take on their salaries and free up space at St Kilda.

The Saints in turn would pay Crouch slightly more money, ensuring Adelaide receives a first-round pick in compensation - which would be Pick 2 - rather than Pick 20 or worse if the compo fell to the end of the first round.

“St Kilda and the Crows got together for a deal RE: Brad Crouch to ensure Adelaide gets compensation pick number two,” Lyon said on SEN Breakfast, reading news from ‘his insider’.

“The thought is the money was not high enough to give him the compensation.

“Initially the Crouch money fell under the compensation to make it happen, so the Saints bumped up his wage to get the average over $700,000, originally $550,000, which wasn’t enough.

“In turn, the Crows will take both Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan in exchange for a set of steak knife, late draft choices.”

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide

Adelaide will take on a pair of fringe Saints in order to get better compensation for Brad Crouch, according to Garry Lyon.

Crouch is keen to move to St Kilda in free agency, and the Crows appear happy to allow him to walk - as long as they get a good enough draft pick, which will be based on the size of the deal Crouch signs at his new home.

The mooted deal would see Adelaide trade for Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan, in exchange for “steak knife” late draft picks, to take on their salaries and free up space at St Kilda.

The Saints in turn would pay Crouch slightly more money, ensuring Adelaide receives a first-round pick in compensation - which would be Pick 2 - rather than Pick 20 or worse if the compo fell to the end of the first round.

“St Kilda and the Crows got together for a deal RE: Brad Crouch to ensure Adelaide gets compensation pick number two,” Lyon said on SEN Breakfast, reading news from ‘his insider’.

“Initially the Crouch money fell under the compensation to make it happen, so the Saints bumped up his wage to get the average over $700,000, originally $550,000, which wasn’t enough.

“In turn, the Crows will take both Jimmy Webster and Luke Dunstan in exchange for a set of steak knife, late draft choices.”

At this point I'd do it. Our list needs that pick 2.
Delist Mackay.

morris086

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
At this point I'd do it. Our list needs that pick 2.
Delist Mackay.
Is jimmy Webster the saints version of Mackay? I can't say I've ever noticed, not that I mind picking him up if we net pick 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You'd have teams avoiding getting later picks because they'd rather get just the pick after their first than 2 later picks. Like if GWS finished 3rd in the current situation, would you rather pick 2 or 16 and 17?
Seems a pretty unique circumstance though, you need two first round picks and a player leaving RFA

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Is jimmy Webster the saints version of Mackay? I can't say I've ever noticed, not that I mind picking him up if we net pick 2.
Hell, for pick 2, I'd be happy to re-draft Dean Gore.

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1

This article talks about he system of ranking everyone between 0 and 100 then adding points for age. This would mean that Brads salary would need to be in the top 15% with 10 points added for his age taking to 95.
this is what I had used all year in assuming band 1 would be forthcoming, however there seems so many conflicting views that it’s impossible to be sure of the exact formula used.

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

That very low figure of $550K (which he is currently on) doesn't add up given the initial figure was around $600-650K (which seem more right), the Saints will just need to offer $750K not to trade it's as simple as that and why FA was brought in so the player can earn the money he wants.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is a somewhat injury prone slightly more attacking version of Kelly

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Is a somewhat injury prone slightly more attacking version of Kelly
Sounds like a comic book character

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
If we don’t get pick 2, I’d love to see us bid on every motherf***er FS / NGA in the draft and fu** up the night for everyone.

speaking of which, what if the AFL are negotiating with us NOT to bid on JUH before giving us pick 2?

speaking of which, what if the AFL are negotiating with us NOT to bid on JUH before giving us pick 2?

If we dont get Pick 2, we bid on the night for JUH no matter what to make an absolute mockery of the draft. (aside from the benefits of making the Dogs pony up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back