News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why they have to reduce the list sizes anyway.

Just keep them the same and now that the players have a share of revenue, just reduce each players salary proportionately. If the top line is 70% of last year, salaries are 70% of last year.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

It's absurd. It makes no sense and there's no reason that the AFL should continue to push for it this late in the piece. The total $ saving to the industry of dropping 2 players off the rookie list pales into insignificance when compared to clubs not knowing list sizes as at 28/10. That said, the clubs don't seem to be doing themselves any favours, so they're probably the ones pushing to save the $150k each.

Being prepared to bid at 1 gives us a leg up in negotiations for the points swap into their first rounder.

Fully aware of that.

The conversation started because somebody stated that it would be negligent to not bid on JUH at Pick 1.

I stated that it would be far more negligent to not swap picks with the Dogs in exchange for an “understanding” that we would NOT bid at Pick 1.

Somebody else then claimed that the AFL might be suss on this. I simply stated that it’s not as clear cut as some seem to think that JUH is the standout player in this draft. Also, it happens every single year inside the top 10 so there’s no way the AFL can take issue with it.

Then that's the market value, and if it's not pick 2, then we keep him on the market rate. At least you can't say we have overpaid for him.
Yes we have ....Saints loaded the Contract to avoid trading .....he's a $550K PY player, no more

What's the context behind that solution?

How non sensible it is to let a side trade a higher pick for a lower pick because it is worth more picks?

It's gaming the system, giving a stronger advantage on top of an already strong advantage. This can ONLY be bad for the fairness of the competition.

It can't backfire. We match, he requests a trade. If he doesn't and Kelly isn't telling fibs, Brad is happy to stay. Ball is still in Brad's court if we match.
We are being setup by Brads Management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to backfire on us badly ......brad wants to stay on the St Kilda Contract
What I'm pleased about is Kelly has come out and said, Brad loves the club and we'd be happy to keep him if the AFC aren't adequately compensated.

Whether this is true or not, its the exact right message at this stage of the negotiations.

Knightmare hasn't been watching games this year, and Chris is great for SA but not necessarily anywhere else.

Ed is very professional, so fair enough. He's doing a lot to improve draft discussion. Bangers doesn't claim to be an expert.

That being said, all of those guys have had JUH as the best prodpect for the majority of the year.

Your misunderstanding that SOME of them now don't have JUH first in their PHANTOMS, because for some reason they assume we wouldn't bid with pick one. That's not their rankings, though.

Tag them if you're confident they'll say JUH isn't rated number one.

PMBangers Chris25

I have no misunderstanding. They don’t have him at number 1 in their power rankings. In fact I believe they both have him at 3.

Prior to this discussion I had mistakenly thought that eDPS also had JUH at number 2 in his rankings but I was incorrect on that one upon going back and checking. I would be interested to hear his thoughts on how clear cut “JUH over Hollands / McDonald / Campbell etc” now is though as we hit the official trade period.

Knightmare has had JUH at number 1 all year, but he certainly seems very high on McDonald too, so I suspect it’s very close there.

Where does your information on how this formula works come from then?

Where does Your's? Not that you'll move an inch, but here it is. I'm backing him in ahead of poster's in here best guesses. Many of whom didn't even understand the rudimentary contract lodging process with AFL House.

How non sensible it is to let a side trade a higher pick for a lower pick because it is worth more picks?

It's gaming the system, giving a stronger advantage on top of an already strong advantage. This can ONLY be bad for the fairness of the competition.

Sorry, that doesn't make sense to me. Who's got the advantage over who? A higher pick for a lower pick bevause it's worth more picks? What does that mean? Maybe a real world hypothetical would help.

What I'm pleased about is Kelly has come out and said, Brad loves the club and we'd be happy to keep him if the AFC aren't adequately compensated.

Whether this is true or not, its the exact right message at this stage of the negotiations.
Totally agree. Kelly gave all the right messages to leave us in a good position strategy wise for future negotiations with Saints and Western Bulldogs. What I couldn’t believe was him saying that they hadn’t even got an idea of the Saints deal from them or Brads agent. If that’s true then it’s absolutely absurd and will hurt both clubs. It certainly seemed to put to bed the idea that Adelaide and Saints are trying to ensure a win/win for both clubs.

Where does Your's? Not that you'll move an inch, but here it is. I'm backing him in ahead of poster's in here best guesses. Many of whom didn't even understand the rudimentary contract lodging process with AFL House.

Sorry I msremembered which paper it was from.

but it's the same unsourced, unproven bullshit I was thinking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back