News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Kane go home.jpg Saints shouldn't be into Crouch cos there'll be midfielders available next year (some of them they might be able to get)

:laughing:
He did a whole segment this morning going through his list of 7 midfield options for the Saints that they should have gone for before Brad... He put Bont, Cripps and Olliver on the list too... :drunk:

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Exactly right. Saints don't have the currency to get Treloar. Brad is a free hit. But Waynesworld is just being a drama queen.
thats right..

1)treloar isnt gonna go anyway unless its on same or bigger money than he’s already contracted for.
2)collingwood will want a very decent draft pick in return.. i think their eyes lit up at the thought of the suns pick 5 and thats whats got them in this current mess.. i reacon they thought treloar was gonna be happy to go to qld with his missus. nope. backfired
3)brad, as long as they pay up the right deal, is a free hit.. costs them nothing in draft picks and if, as rumoured, they have plenty of banked salary cap space from the past couple of seasons they might as well use it..

going after treloar is fraught with difficulty really.. i hope we dont enquire.. pies would salivate at the thought of treloar going to the crows looking at our draft hand..

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
If Brad was getting an exaggerated 5-year contract on stupid money, we're getting pick 2.

It sounds like exactly how we've played it all year. We're happy to keep him if the market decides he's only a band 2 player. If he earns in the band 1 range, we'd rather pick 2.
Depend on how you define stupid money....I wouldn't call $750K for a player like B.Crouch stupid money.

dwayne cooney just said if Adelaide gets pick 2 it smells wen nmelbourne so much trouble can’t push their pick down to 3. The no to pick 2 vic bias still strong
Nothing new

Remember how they all ran to Jack Vineys defence when he CHOSE TO BUMP Tom Lynch and broke Toms jaw ??
Still livid at that

Chase13

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
dwayne cooney just said if Adelaide gets pick 2 it smells wen nmelbourne so much trouble can’t push their pick down to 3. The no to pick 2 vic bias still strong

I think nice Kelly said will bid at pick one on we nga. Won’t look good in draft maybe threat to western bulldogs better trade pick 12 to us. All maybe threat to gill to get leverage on vfl give us pick 2 or we make a mockery of draft bidding on nga s

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I doubt it. There's no way Kelly would make those comments without having an idea of what Brad wants.
Brad wants to get paid as much as possible. Tbh I don't think he cares where he plays. He was willing to go to Gold coast. I don't want to sign up a potential injury risk on 700k for 5 years. I don't think we will match unless it's 600k for 3 or 4. Either St Kilda gives brad a contract they know for sure will get us pick 2 or it will be a contract a lot lower which they know will result in a trade and are willing to give up pick 15 and a player imo. St Kilda would not have gone to all this bother unless they have an assurance from Brad that he will choose them if we match.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I shouldnt listen to Kane on Tradio, but I do.

The best this morning, Kane has made a point that Adelaide need to recruit some experienced players to build that winning mentality, like Hodge at Brisbane.

Then nominates Kade Simpson as a good candidate, the most losingest player in AFL history.

And then in the next breath suggests we should trade Matt Crouch to Carlton as a pre-agent, and the moment to exit Brad Crouch was last year.

I know some think he is actually intelligent and plays us all for clicks, but no. He's dumb.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Seriously, hearing it's the talk about myself hour for Cooney. I'm not listening because I want to hear about where you were training at 6am 15 years ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Trade Radio is cooked.

Apparently we will only get pick 19 for B Crouch. So we will trade instead, and will give up B Crouch and pick 29 for Pick 15 and Dunstan.

Not only is that utterly horrendous, we then trade pick 15 for Hately.....
That's ******* hilarious. I'm assuming that was Cooney!

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can anyone explain why the AFL doesn't tell a club after a FA deal has been lodged what the compo will be?

I understand they don't want to tell the offering club, so that not side deals can be done, but to not tell the initial club serves no purpose other than setting them up for disappointment. Just make a rule that a club can only offer a player a FA deal once during the trade period, and then once it's lodged, it can't be altered.

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
The best this morning, Kane has made a point that Adelaide need to recruit some experienced players to build that winning mentality, like Hodge at Brisbane.

Then nominates Kade Simpson as a good candidate, the most losingest player in AFL history.

He's surely taking the piss. Kade is 36 - I do applaud his loyalty sticking with Carlton for his entire AFL career, but we're more likely to give DMac a 4 year deal.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Trade Radio is cooked.

Apparently we will only get pick 19 for B Crouch. So we will trade instead, and will give up B Crouch and pick 29 for Pick 15 and Dunstan.

Not only is that utterly horrendous, we then trade pick 15 for Hately.....
its literally like there are only ever one club in the trade scenario's these d1ckheads put up and what they can get out of us and that we are going to be happy to lick the scraps of what is left up off the floor.

So the net result of that trade is we get Hately and Dunstan for a 1sd round pick and a mid 2nd round pick AND the loss of our best midfielder

An alternative proposal for trade radio to put up:-

Brouch goes to a trade and the saints offer up pick 15 and Billings. Then we get Hately for free in the PSD. The net effect is we lose our best mid but get a 1st round pick a good player and another for free..would that fit their narrative

Kane Johnson

Team Captain
Oct 1, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

I love how they think the fact North are in a world of hurt is relevant but remain silent on the fact the Crows came last, lost to North by over 10 goals and were described by many of these journos as the worst team to ever step on to an AFL field.

The fact that North suck is not the slightest bit relevant in regards to the Brad Crouch offer from St Kilda and if they want to say it needs to be considered when determining what pick we get then they must also consider how bad the Crows were this year which should cancel out any concerns over North.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
I shouldnt listen to Kane on Tradio, but I do.

And then in the next breath suggests we should trade Matt Crouch to Carlton as a pre-agent, and the moment to exit Brad Crouch was last year.

I know some think he is actually intelligent and plays us all for clicks, but no. He's dumb.

Kane's like a dog with a bone. He's on this "fix the Adelaide Football club" agenda, but you tell he either consciously, or sub consciously, he doesn't want us fixed.

As it is, we've got plenty of experienced players going into next year. Walker and Lynch forward, Sloane through the midfield, Talia and Smith in defense and our starting midfield probably looks something like ROB, Sloane, M.Crouch and Laird. That's a starting ruck set up of Best and Fairest's. That's plenty of finals and even Grand Finals experience.

We don't need to be wasting a further list spot on a "has been", yes ensuring experience around the youth is a consideration, but I think we're pretty well sorted. The key is actually giving this youth opportunity and finding the balance between the two.

Kane's like a dog with a bone. He's on this "fix the Adelaide Football club" agenda, but you tell he either consciously, or sub consciously, he doesn't want us fixed.

As it is, we've got plenty of experienced players going into next year. Walker and Lynch forward, Sloane through the midfield, Talia and Smith in defense and our starting midfield probably looks something like ROB, Sloane, M.Crouch and Laird. That's a starting ruck set up of Best and Fairest's. That's plenty of finals and even Grand Finals experience.

We don't need to be wasting a further list spot on a "has been", yes ensuring experience around the youth is a consideration, but I think we're pretty well sorted. The key is actually giving this youth opportunity and finding the balance between the two.

I would definitely like to supplement our experienced group with someone who actually won a premiership (i.e. a Shane Edwards) if we could find someone willing to transition into coaching. Just to offer a differing set of experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back