News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t think of it that way. Why didn’t they put it in today if say it was 550 to 700 then meaning to big to match but not enough for band 1

I suppose if we knew why it was not lodged today, that would explain a lot

surely they will use the Brisbane template if they r serious on brad

is there any other reason why not lodged today. Can’t think of one and with two weeks in making sure paper work would have all been sorted

makes a lot of sense, but I didn’t think of it like that

Let’s be honest, if St Kilda want to improve and have a shot at the top 4 or even a flag, they need Brad. Otherwise their lack of draft currency means they can’t trade anyone of worth in and potentially stand still or regress.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm starting to think that the saints thought they were going to get a topline mid on the cheap for nothing. Maybe they thought we wanted him out regardless and were of the belief that we wouldn't match and would cop tier 2. If this is the case this whole thing has been poorly managed and is a shambles. If saints are serious they will offer Brad 800k for 3 over the weekend for tier 1 or he stays.

Our history suggests they may well have thought that.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

why. It’s not his fault obviously trying get pick 2. Not like he can put gun st kilda head and say make it work
more so st kilda are the idiots really
but the whole thing been draining just want know the outcome on Monday pleaaaaase

Is it surprising that ours is the only one not yet lodged ffs. Couldn’t be easy!

Not really. Smith got a 3 year deal, I’d imagine on good coin, hence the compo.
Daniher got 3 years on massive coin.
Melbourne offered him 3 years. He got a 2 year offer at Geelong and Hawks offered him 2 years as well. No reports on amount of money though. Most assume he has left for finals footy and possibly accepted less to do so.

why. It’s not his fault obviously trying get pick 2. Not like he can put gun st kilda head and say make it work
more so st kilda are the idiots really
but the whole thing been draining just want know the outcome on Monday pleaaaaase

It doesn't help when you've got a player coming to you, suggesting he'll come to you as a free agent for 500k a season on a 4 year deal.
It seems crazy that Adelaide were not even offering him something like that.
It may all fall through, and if it does , you'll end up paying more for him than you could have got him signed up for.

Let’s be honest, if St Kilda want to improve and have a shot at the top 4 or even a flag, they need Brad. Otherwise their lack of draft currency means they can’t trade anyone of worth in and potentially stand still or regress.

Or StKilda can have a season where Gresham continues to play midfield and doesn't get injured.
Dunstan didn't play due to injury this year, ( and no VFL when he got better ).
Bytel played a very nice debut game.

Crouch would give us a very nice leg up, but we were all pretty optimistic at the end of the season without anyone mentioning Crouch.\

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I don't think Brisbane has offered daniher anymore money, they have just structured the deal to appease the Afl for band 1 compo.

The original deal was reported at 650,000 x 5, which would equal 3.25 million.

The contract that has been reported is 2.5 million over 3 years, so just over 830,000 a year.

They probably just have a real basic trigger that pays him the final 750,000 over 2 more years.

Meaning its basically a front loaded contract that equals out at 650,000 a year, structured at 3yrs with an easy to reach 2 more year trigger.

The AFL only looks at guaranteed money and years, so for them, its a 2.5 million dollar contract paid over 3yrs.

Making daniher a top 5 percent paid player in the league for 3 years, which equals band 1 compo.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, I mentioned this earlier. Their hand this year is like pick 17 and then 63. That’s not going to improve your side next year in any way.
if you can pay $50k more and bring in someone that improves your side, and doesn’t weaken your already weak draft hand, then you would be crazy not to do it. Brad Crouch is the only real present under their Christmas tree this year, so to miss out for half of 1 percent of your salary cap would be bloody deflating for their whole club.
we would be devo, but we still have pick 1 and 9 to look forward to. If they miss out on Brad, then it’s a long 6 months until games start.

It doesn't help when you've got a player coming to you, suggesting he'll come to you as a free agent for 500k a season on a 4 year deal.
It may all fall through, and if it does , you'll end up paying more for him than you could have got him signed up for.
The first bit is categorically not true. If you’re going to post on our board, don’t post the s**t you use to troll on the trading board. He is already on 550-600k a season, our offer has never been less than that money wise, it’s always been about years. I understand you wouldn’t have bothered to listen to his regular radio interviews during the season, but this is not a bloke who actually wants to leave SA.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I don't think Brisbane has offered daniher anymore money, they have just structured the deal to appease the Afl for band 1 compo.

The contract that has been reported is 2.5 million over 3 years, so just over 830,000 a year.

They probably just have a real basic trigger that pays him the final 750,000 over 2 more years.

Meaning its basically a front loaded contract that equals out at 650,000 a year, structured at 3yrs with an easy to reach 2 more year trigger.

The AFL only looks at guaranteed money and years, so for them, its a 2.5 million dollar contract paid over 3yrs.

Making daniher a top 5 percent paid player in the league for 3 years, which equals band 1 compo.

Correct weight and now the benchmark $$$ and structure that gets Crouch over the line for band 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It can’t be that easy. Otherwise why wouldn’t GC have offered Atkins $750k per year for 2 years with a trigger for 2 more at $50k if he turns up to pre season. We get band 1 for Atkins and GC don’t have to worry about us matching, and we do them a favour in trade week.
the AFL aren’t stupid, if we can think of it, they certainly can, and they don’t won’t the whole process to turn into a circus.
i actual don’t buy the line that extra years with triggers aren’t counted in FA compo. I think they would Count them and average them out.

The first bit is categorically not true. If you’re going to post on our board, don’t post the sh*t you use to troll on the trading board. He is already on 550-600k a season, our offer has never been less than that money wise, it’s always been about years. I understand you wouldn’t have bothered to listen to his regular radio interviews during the season, but this is not a bloke who actually wants to leave SA.

Not according to Flog Barrett who's been spruiking for the last week that Brad has wanted out for years and for that reason alone we should accept Band 2/pick in the mid-late 20s, and move on. F U Purple!

He was unrestricted he goes for nothing,
It can’t be that easy. Otherwise why wouldn’t GC have offered Atkins $750k per year for 2 years with a trigger for 2 more at $50k if he turns up to pre season. We get band 1 for Atkins and GC don’t have to worry about us matching, and we do them a favour in trade week.
the AFL aren’t stupid, if we can think of it, they certainly can, and they don’t won’t the whole process to turn into a circus.
i actual don’t buy the line that extra years with triggers aren’t counted in FA compo. I think they would Count them and average them out.

Our history suggests they may well have thought that.

but if that was the case why did brad accept the offer. An offer that low he just would not accept, so think there is more happening behind closed doors that we aren’t privy too yet. I think if st kilda were going to low ball why did they not put in paperwork today ?

E
He was unrestricted he goes for nothing,

Even if that’s true, GC could do us the solid that we repay later in trade week.
And every restricted FA deal would be 2 years at $900k and 4 years at $100k if the player manages to average 3 touches per game. It just isn’t something the AFL would be allowing to happen.

To be honest, I’ve given up speculating now. Will just wait for the cards to fall.

However if it’s band 2, Kelly looks like a complete idiot.

Kelly won't look like an idiot what are you talking about? The saints will

Edit: i see you answered this a couple of posts later. I agree if we accept band 2 but can't realistically see that happening now. It's band 1 or we match and brad stays

Lol, Brad is already on $650K pa... so wouldn't have accepted to play for less with the Saints.

You're not the sharpest troll under the bridge...

Correct weight and now the benchmark $$$ and structure that gets Crouch over the line for band 1.

Basically this needs to be negotiated between Brad's manager and St Kilda. It's obviously what Brisbane did with Daniher's manager. If Brad doesn't agree to it he isn't allowing this transaction to occur smoothly for all parties. Ultimately comes down to St Kilda and whether they really want him or not. If they do they will do as Brisbane did and make sure all parties are satisfied.

Last edited:
BAND 1 BABY

I could be wrong but if st kilda wanted to shaft us they could have lodged a deal today just short of the likely band 1 as they now have a very good idea what it is. They have not (as yet anyway) which makes me think that any delay is to make sure the contract is enough for band 1. But i could be wrong
Or they are changing it to make it band 1

Or StKilda can have a season where Gresham continues to play midfield and doesn't get injured.
Dunstan didn't play due to injury this year, ( and no VFL when he got better ).
Bytel played a very nice debut game.

Crouch would give us a very nice leg up, but we were all pretty optimistic at the end of the season without anyone mentioning Crouch.\

I think people underestimate how good a player Brad is, particularly in a better team than we’ve been in the past 3 years.

2017, Brad averaged 5.85 clearances and 2.45 centre clearances a game. Jack Steele in 2020 was your best and averaged 4.95 and 1.95 respectively. Even with the horror show that was us last season, Brad still had 5.00 clearances per game.

He will give a decent side 30+ disposals and 5+ tackles on a regular basis and whilst he does turn it over a bit, his sheer number of possessions will always benefit.

I just think he is a no-brainer for the Saints and a number of other better sides. Unfortunately for us, the timing is not right for him to play his best football in the next couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back