News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campo represents the culture of having cooked 30 year olds as your highest paid players. Both at Carlton and here.

Would Walker, Sloane and Talia all be on $800k at any other club?
You are winning by knowing the three highest paid players at our club give or take fifty grand. Taia got a ******* monster deal for a full back. He maybe the only one he got near the mark of paying it off.

He definitely got paid overs to leave his current club and that's how the FA is meant to be, a solid B+ grade player he would been offered $700K at market value so $800K would have been around the market for a FA but only Carlton would have added another $100K as incentive payments......

Not overs just too leave his club. He got the “desperate club” premium as well. Carlton missed on Shiel etc and needed a guaranteed win. Half of what the weaker Melbourne clubs do is marketing for their memberships Williams the lucky recipient this year - Martin and Betts last year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No, I don't think so, in that all the wrinkles were well discussed in the media days ago. I reckon the delay is just the classic intransigence between parties with incompatible goals. Basically, St Kilda don't want to pay Brouch too much, he is happy with it, but we are not. This is not going to be a win:win:win situation. Brouch will win in any case, but either or both of the Crows and St Kilda will be grinding the teeth after this is finished.

Unfortunately in that scenario we are the likely losers - in the sense that band 2 will be the result, or possible next year first

No he would cost what the club that he goes to has available.
So yes if it were this year you could argue pick 2.
If we finished 10th in his out of contract year then it would probably be pick 9 and a future first, with possibly a later selection coming back. I don’t equate pick 9 and say theoretically pick 12 (assuming we have improved when he is OOC) with pick 2

oh god, another one

Unfortunately in that scenario we are the likely losers - in the sense that band 2 will be the result, or possible next year first

More likely, St Kilda will lose because they miss out on Brouch and we will lose because we will be paying him $700K p.a. for 5 years, you know another one of those "great" 5-year contracts we have finally realised are a bad thing. ;)

all jokes aside pick2 not looking good
chanel 9 news say offer not big enough
papers lodged Monday
Adelaide scrambling for solution

we just have to match, what then......

pick 17 50 63
next year first cant use
next year second maybe
but that’s it, not much work with

if can’t come to agreement we keep him yea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we just have to match, what then......

pick 17 50 63
next year first cant use
next year second maybe
but that’s it, not much work with

if can’t come to agreement we keep him yea

if we get royally screwed with brad we better royalty screw hately with pitck 50 or psd. May soften the blow a bit

Honest Dirty Bird right now. (Drunk Dirty Bird always brings out honesty)

Yes, he isn't worth pick 2 (so for once you are right Damien Barrett)
However, he is not worth pick 19+ (what band 2 is worth)

He's worth a speculative pick in the 6-14 range.

Thing is, fair value for him probably only nets cat 2. But fair value will never get a player out of a current situation and face the unknown.
You have to overpay to pry someone away from a comfortable situation.

To get any player to leave the club they're at, you will at a minimum have to pay a salary to 1 or in some cases, 2 categories above their value.

What I believe SHOULD happen is the AFL gives us Cat 1 compensation, then realise the flaws in their system, and change the formula for 2021 onwards (I'd can RFA compensation personally, but the AFL wont have that, therefore, because it has to stay, make Cat 1, 3 and 5 mid round selections (Between the finalists and those that miss out))

But what do I believe WILL happen? The AFL caves into Victorian centric (and SA Pro-Port) media and give us Cat 2 compensation, we match and keep Crouch, Then change the formula for 2021 onwards.

As much as I'd love pick 2, I think Crouch is at the age where he can be the foundation of our rebuild and be on the tail end of his career to see us challenging again (similar to Shane Crawford at Hawthorn), so it is a win/win

WIthout him we can build towards Hawthorn 13-15, with him we can nab Hawthorn 08.

He's at that age where I'm happy either way.

If this was Sloane we're talking about, let him leave for Cat 2 or 3. But Brouch can be an asset either way.

If Brouch stays = (minor) win
If Brouch goes and we get Cat 1 compensation = (major) win
If Brouch goes and we get Cat 2 compensation or a trade = loss

Honest Dirty Bird right now. (Drunk Dirty Bird always brings out honesty)

Yes, he isn't worth pick 2 (so for once you are right Damien Barrett)
However, he is not worth pick 19+ (what band 2 is worth)

He's worth a speculative pick in the 6-14 range.

Thing is, fair value for him probably only nets cat 2. But fair value will never get a player out of a current situation and face the unknown.
You have to overpay to pry someone away from a comfortable situation.

To get any player to leave the club they're at, you will at a minimum have to pay a salary to 1 or in some cases, 2 categories above their value.

What I believe SHOULD happen is the AFL gives us Cat 1 compensation, then realise the flaws in their system, and change the formula for 2021 onwards (I'd can RFA compensation personally, but the AFL wont have that, therefore, because it has to stay, make Cat 1, 3 and 5 mid round selections (Between the finalists and those that miss out))

But what do I believe WILL happen? The AFL caves into Victorian centric (and SA Pro-Port) media and give us Cat 2 compensation, we match and keep Crouch, Then change the formula for 2021 onwards.

As much as I'd love pick 2, I think Crouch is at the age where he can be the foundation of our rebuild and be on the tail end of his career to see us challenging again (similar to Shane Crawford at Hawthorn), so it is a win/win

WIthout him we can build towards Hawthorn 13-15, with him we can nab Hawthorn 08.

He's at that age where I'm happy either way.

If this was Sloane we're talking about, let him leave for Cat 2 or 3. But Brouch can be an asset either way.

If Brouch stays = (minor) win
If Brouch goes and we get Cat 1 compensation = (major) win
If Brouch goes and we get Cat 2 compensation or a trade = loss
Brad

could Chanel 9 media be doing usual click bait. ^ scrambling ^

here you go, some for you to practice on too

View attachment 999949
Expansion on honest Dirty Bird (thankyou alcohol)

I can see why some find you annoying. Your opinions are controversial, I can respect that, I'm similar

But your stubbornness is determinantal for you. You will stick by your own opinion even if it's wrong

Im not saying it is here (i havent even read what this post is in reply to, I just saw the reply was something I already seen 12-36 hours prior, and saw it was by you too and it reminded me of what was on my mind then) but sometimes you can be a royal pain in the backside. (Similar to me under the Riggy1 moniker)

Take a step back. You can be a very good attribute to this board being the devil's advocate, but your attitude comes off as condescending and rubs people the wrong way.

Expansion on honest Dirty Bird (thankyou alcohol)

I can see why some find you annoying. Your opinions are controversial, I can respect that, I'm similar

But your stubbornness is determinantal for you. You will stick by your own opinion even if it's wrong

Im not saying it is here (i havent even read what this post is in reply to, I just saw the reply was something I already seen 12-36 hours prior, and saw it was by you too and it reminded me of what was on my mind then) but sometimes you can be a royal pain in the backside. (Similar to me under the Riggy1 moniker)

Take a step back. You can be a very good attribute to this board being the devil's advocate, but your attitude comes off as condescending and rubs people the wrong way.
Never cave in.

all jokes aside pick2 not looking good
chanel 9 news say offer not big enough
papers lodged Monday
Adelaide scrambling for solution
Then whats the point in the saints lodging, dumbasses. Im guessing channel 9 are full of *ing s**t and have no idea what they're talking about.

Id believe rendell over those clowns. Tredrea has been negatve all week about it. Needs to take that port utensil outta his mouth.

Then whats the point in the saints lodging, dumbasses. Im guessing channel 9 are full of f*n sh*t and have no idea what they're talking about.

Id believe rendell over those clowns. Tredrea has been negatve all week about it. Needs to take that port utensil outta his mouth.

well channel 7 didn’t report anything on crouch. Maybe just from tredrae that go I forgot from rowie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back