News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kane was not a happy guy listening to Rendell pumping the crows up and saying they are in a decent position. At every chance Kane tried to put the crows down but Rendell kept pumping us up. Also didn’t want to let Rendell know that Talia is only 29
Rendell really pumped up Newchurch, estimating a bid could come in the twenties for him (that seems very high). However, he also mentioned his laziness.

Rendell really pumped up Newchurch, estimating a bid could come in the twenties for him (that seems very high). However, he also mentioned his laziness.
I listened to Rendell and I’m not convinced he’s across everything he needs to be across. He got the whole Binuk things completely wrong, and I don’t buy his certainty about pick 2.

Newchurch is another that seems to go against the general feel. Didn’t mention Holland as an option. All about Thilthorpe.

I listened to Rendell and I’m not convinced he’s across everything he needs to be across. He got the whole Binuk things completely wrong, and I don’t buy his certainty about pick 2.

Newchurch is another that seems to go against the general feel. Didn’t mention Holland as an option. All about Thilthorpe.
i reacon hes on the money with thilthorpe...

i think the crows will take him with pick 1... and then use every other pick they have on the best midfielder talent available until they need to grab their nga’s..

just think thilthorpe has more upside than mcdonald, is so bloody mobile for a big man which is rare and is an sa lad and crows supporter to boot... which pretty much Guarantees he’ll bleed for the club and never leave.

I’ll say it again the only path to Brad for STK is through Band 1

people complain about buying draft picks, well STK can buy their own pick 15 for 50-100k

who doesn’t do that? buy a first round pick for $50-100k bonanza!

because if they go low, they’ll get matched and at least their pick 15 is out the door.

the way to keep that pick and other real assets, is to up the contract

hence buying the cheapest first round pick in history

people complain about buying draft picks, well STK can buy their own pick 15 for 50-100k

because if they go low, they’ll get matched and at least their pick 15 is out the door.

the way to keep that pick and other real assets, is to up the contract

hence buying the cheapest first round pick in history

And I really struggle with the concept that Brad would have accepted the Saints offer if it was anything less than premium $$$.

If it wasn’t within his range, then surely he would be letting this week play out before committing?.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kane also reckons Port should be able to offer up a third round pick for a contracted Alir Alir for an easy trade.
Kane is the click bait king. His opinions are all based on getting a reaction and not on facts or reasonable deduction.

Kane is the click bait king. His opinions are all based on getting a reaction and not on facts or reasonable deduction.

Absolutely, he knows full well that the compensation system is an equalisation measure, instead of a pure valuation or 'worth' of a player.

But that ain't gonna get the clicks, so he trundles out the 'He's not worth pick 2' and it sends Crows supporters scrambling to engage on social media.

AFL have already reined him in once this year, I'd be surprised if they didn't do it again with commentators seriously undermining the publics perception of the compensation system in favour of controversy and clickbait.

I see us getting band 1 compo, pick 2 as compensation for losing Brouch as exactly what free agency is for. A s**t team (us) losing a decent player affects us more than if Richmond were losing Brouch. Due to our ladder position we get compensated better than if Brouch was leaving a team like Richmond. Giving us pick 20 for Brouch isn't what free agency is designed for. A s**t club losing their best midfielder, gets given a middle road pick in an average draft. This does not help even the competition and would ensure we stay lower on the ladder for longer.

I see us getting band 1 compo, pick 2 as compensation for losing Brouch as exactly what free agency is for. A sh*t team (us) losing a decent player affects us more than if Richmond were losing Brouch. Due to our ladder position we get compensated better than if Brouch was leaving a team like Richmond. Giving us pick 20 for Brouch isn't what free agency is designed for. A sh*t club losing their best midfielder, gets given a middle road pick in an average draft. This does not help even the competition and would ensure we stay lower on the ladder for longer.
Im with you... but..

I believe the free agency compo system wasnt implemented for the reasons you have given.. I think it was actually to enable the s**t teams to use their salary cap space to grab a free agent from one the top teams who in theory should have less salary cap space to throw big dollars at their player..

So its actually doing the very opposite to what it is meant to do unfortunately!..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 inside mids a few of us rated higher than their actual draft number turned out pretty fair James Worpel and Jack Ross, I see no reason why Ronin can't do likewisee?
There's also been a lot rated by you and others who haven't, and there's been a lot more than two drafted late.

Would you say there's 15 mids a year drafted later than 25? So maybe close to a hundred over the last six or seven years? And how many have been successes? A dozen?

Last edited:
Im with you... but..

I believe the free agency compo system wasnt implemented for the reasons you have given.. I think it was actually to enable the sh*t teams to use their salary cap space to grab a free agent from one the top teams who in theory should have less salary cap space to throw big dollars at their player..

So its actually doing the very opposite to what it is meant to do unfortunately!..

Why is compensation linked to a club’s ladder position? Seems that is a part of it.

Astute post Sanders. Nice work here. ^

Seriously, I can't understand why Sydney would let Aliir go. He's a great defender.

If Port need a big KPD, why did they trade Howard out?
#portlogic

That could also be applied to Rocks, Watts and Slops.

Did they not also have Ryder as well? lol

Not only can you taste but you can feel the level of salt from North posters on the Main Board about losing Pick 2.

Lock it in Eddie.

The irony is that after R1 they were aiming for the 8 and beyond. Its because they are a basketcase they now need Pick 2, that isnt our fault. We were always going to be a bottom 4 team in 2020 after R1.

Seriously, I can't understand why Sydney would let Aliir go. He's a great defender.

If Port need a big KPD, why did they trade Howard out?
Howard wanted out of Powaa. Wasn't happy there and was offered a much better deal at the saints.

Imagine how much easier it would be for clubs and players, and how much harder it would be for the AFL to manufacture dodgy outcomes if player salaries were public?

the AFL doesn’t have to like it, but if Brad gets 750k over 4/5 years, denying us band 1 is making a rod for their own back

If that’s not Band1, what is?

the growing unease between clubs and the commission will go beyond what is already thought to be at breaking point

Other clubs be like: I hate the crows, but if that isn’t good enough for Band 1, what hope do we have?

we all get shafted if they do, this is a step too far

Why is compensation linked to a club’s ladder position? Seems that is a part of it.

Thats the only reason for people losing their minds about us getting Pick 2 for Brouch.

If it was a Pick outside the Top 10, no one would care, it wouldnt even be a point of discussion.

As it will most likely be Pick 2 and North posters have lost the plot here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back