News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried about Brad getting paid enough for band 1.

I'm worried the AFL will work it's magic on the compensation, and decide we aren't getting pick 2.
I was at First then I realize that no team has lost 3 players to Unrestricted/restricted Free agency in the One year, this is a first in the AFL, and one they will be mindful of, Key word would be a Net Loss of 3 Players,
And the one comment people keep putting up about the AFL making a call not in favor of the Crows is this,
"In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result "
But they are Forgetting this comment.
"Compensation in the form of AFL allocated draft picks apply to clubs with a net loss of free agents. This is based on a formula determined by the AFL."
that comment works both ways, and I am hoping will favour the Crows in getting an Honest deal.

I realise he isn’t the bible for everything but Cal Twomey doesn’t have O’Driscoll in his top 30.

Why are you keen on him with 13?

I want Ford and Cook, ftr.
Yes O’Driscoll seems to be the player that divides opinion the most out of the top ranked juniors, and the club would know better than any of us whether we could get him at 20 rather than 12. I like him because he makes our list of midfielders well rounded. His testing figures were elite and he is a big mid with good strength and speed which is something that we don’t really have. The other point is that he is mates from the same team as McDonald which will only help with settling and retention of both of them. Whilst that isn’t a good enough reason to recruit him, it certainly doesn’t hurt. Also he has already played league footy and his body is pretty well AFL ready.

At the end of this we have Rendell talking of every season he was at the AFC , he would ring every manager that had SA boys in it interstate. He would ask if any would want to return. He claims not one wanted back and they were more than settled in their new environment. PA seems to have a much better outcome on returning players.
Don't ask if they want to come back, say we'll offer you x if you do.

I was at First then I realize that no team has lost 3 players to Unrestricted/restricted Free agency in the One year, this is a first in the AFL, and one they will be mindful of, Key word would be a Net Loss of 3 Players,
And the one comment people keep putting up about the AFL making a call not in favor of the Crows is this,
"In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result "
But they are Forgetting this comment.
"Compensation in the form of AFL allocated draft picks apply to clubs with a net loss of free agents. This is based on a formula determined by the AFL."
that comment works both ways, and I am hoping will favour the Crows in getting an Honest deal.
Agreed. The AFL is largely about perception however, and for this reason I would love to hear the club all this week using every opportunity in the media to bring up that we finished last and have lost the most FA’s of any team ever. Make the mindset amongst the average punter that Adelaide really needs help to overcome these huge losses and then I believe the AFL will be much more likely to stick with the formula that would award band 1 for Brad.
also we should be highlighting that while some people would see pick 2 as “materially anomalous” for Brad, that pick 19 would be even more so. That if St Kilda see him as worth $800k a year then pick 19 would be totally undervaluing his worth. We never seem to set the agenda in the media, we always being too reasonable.

Not sure what's missing but the Tippett, Danger, Lever and McGovern trade threads were much more entertaining and fast-moving. In those days you'd check it after two hours and there'd by 25 new pages.

We need to lift.
we need some more rumours...it's been 2 days since we had news!

How would a Bulldogs poster know the about the inner thoughts of AFC... unless the Bullies have agreed to trade their 1st round pick to the Crows...
He’s a player agent based in Sydney who can connections with other agents. And probably has a fair idea as to who you will be taking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes O’Driscoll seems to be the player that divides opinion the most out of the top ranked juniors, and the club would know better than any of us whether we could get him at 20 rather than 12. I like him because he makes our list of midfielders well rounded. His testing figures were elite and he is a big mid with good strength and speed which is something that we don’t really have. The other point is that he is mates from the same team as McDonald which will only help with settling and retention of both of them. Whilst that isn’t a good enough reason to recruit him, it certainly doesn’t hurt. Also he has already played league footy and his body is pretty well AFL ready.
And both lads played Championships for WA with Ronin O'Connor.

Crows would not be, But I strongly believe the Crows will want to use the First Pick on a Kid who will be at the Club,
Everyone Know the Bulldogs will match,
And that's a plus. Our 1st pick doesn't have the pressure of the No1 , we force WB to use their picks or allows us to negotiate their pick 12.

And that's a plus. Our 1st pick doesn't have the pressure of the No1 , we force WB to use their picks or allows us to negotiate their pick 12.
Why would the pressure from the Adelaide media be any different whether or not you bid on JUH at pick 1 or not? It’s such a strange argument to make that you think the pressure from the local media will be any less just because you might match a bid on pick 1 and choose your player at 2. It won’t make any difference.

Didn't say a lot but I wish he would quicken his speech. What I took out of it was that we are pretty much just focusing on the draft but keeping out ears open for a trade if someone of interest becomes available. Also mentioned we were happy to keep Brad if we weren't adequately compensated. Was asked about Treloar but sounds like we hadn't enquired.

so looks like we taking 1 8 20 29 plus brad crouch pick if 2 ( if not match keep ) to draft catagorically said

so taking 5 plus nga father son unless moving up draft maybe 20 plus 29 for 13. I 2 8 13 plus borlase newchurch edwards
means hately pick be after that likely 44

on chopping block poholkie McKay and one other

so looks like we taking 1 8 20 29 plus brad crouch pick if 2 ( if not match keep ) to draft catagorically said

so taking 5 plus nga father son unless moving up draft maybe 20 plus 29 for 13. I 2 8 13 plus borlase newchurch edwards
means hately pick be after that likely 44

on chopping block poholkie McKay and one other
Pohokle maybe steak knifes to GWS,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back