News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Radio is cooked.

Apparently we will only get pick 19 for B Crouch. So we will trade instead, and will give up B Crouch and pick 29 for Pick 15 and Dunstan.

Not only is that utterly horrendous, we then trade pick 15 for Hately.....
That is absolutely embarrassing. Just disgraceful and unprofessional.

Maybe more finals appearances than us in the last 10 years albeit being knocked out early. Financially they have been poor.

Who gives a s**t about financials unless it helps you win a premiership.

This is the goofy assed thinking that has us invest huge money in an esports team for a competition that no longer exists.

Pick 15 for Hately. Lol. I heard that and had a good laugh. Cooney is cooked. Pick 30-35 for Hately is fair or we go to the psd.

Imagine if they had a radio show with intelligent discussions, we wouldn't know what to do

We finished a lot higher, with a lot worse draft picks. Since 2011:

View attachment 997202

View attachment 997203

View attachment 997204

View attachment 997205

View attachment 997206

View attachment 997207

View attachment 997208

View attachment 997209

What a bunch of anonymous losers. It's like reading the phone book, I don't know who most of those people are. They should sack their talent identification and player development people. If they want to piss away their picks on such luminaries as Sam Durdin, they get what they deserve. Why should we penalised a draft pick because the eternally hopeless Norf did poorly?

Their first rounders are a disgrace.

All well and good.. but I maintain that where it counts they've had as much success as us: none.

Yeah, fair enough, I was thinking mainly about those players in limbo, forgetting that players association would obviously be in there batting for them.

Just one thing, depends on what you consider 'pennies', the lowest AFL wage is $80,000 for a rookie. If each club had to cut two spots on their list, then that's a minimum of $160,000 per team. That's a minimum saving of $2.9 million across the league, would probably, in reality, be closer to 3.5-4 million. Then there are overheads in relation to each list spot that would be saved as well. If that's considered 'pennies', then 'pennies' it is.
That's a saving of about 1% of the salary cap, isn't it?

That feels like pennies, yeah.

Complaining about Trade Radio is kind of like sitting under a cow's arse then complaining when you get sh*t on.
There are apparently rumblings in parliament about creating an amendment to the Australian Constitution that includes "Listening to Trade Radio" as a form of Cruel and Unusual Punishment for all Non-Victorian residents of Australia.

I'd get behind it!

All well and good.. but I maintain that where it counts they've had as much success as us: none.

1603862804982.png

Mate, I tell ya, that's two AFLW premierships for us now, but Norf are up the s**t, we're a far more successful club. For starters, we won't be moved to Tassie, although I've always enjoyed visiting.​

Last edited:

View attachment 997235

Mate, I tell ya, that's two AFLW premierships for us now,
but Norf are up the sh*t, we're a
far more successful club. For starters, we
won't be moved to Tassie, although I've
always enjoyed visiting.​

We did alright in League of Legends until they shut down the entire competition... we going to count that too?

We did alright in League of Legends until they shut down the entire competition... we going to count that too?

Does it have footballs?

50,000 people turned up for AFLW GF, that counts in my book

Imagine if they had a radio show with intelligent discussions, we wouldn't know what to do
I prefer reading Bigfooty posts from our board.

More accurate, more fun and many lols.

Every though evry day seems like groundhog day on here.

We will get Band 1, Yes, No. Wash, Rinse and Spin. Again and again.

That's Adam Cooney for ya! He's in the former player clique, so gets airtime, no matter how stupid his takes are.

If the AFL think North need help then they should be giving them a priority pick, as they have done in the past. It makes no sense to compromise FA systems to achieve that result. That would affect GWS worse than anyone, and they certainly won’t want to do that.

Quite frankly, I think the AFL need to, and may in fact, go the other way with North. Financially they are a complete and utter drain on the competition. They were offered the opportunity of significant support if they went to the GC. They declined and decided to go it alone and to James Brayshaw's credit, he did some good work. However now Brayshaw's gone, they're going down the gurgler quick smart.

The issue is, where is the upside in the AFL propping up such a club? At best their a poor drawing side, with poor membership numbers with no potential for significant growth in this aspect. Now its fine to prop such clubs up when things are going swimmingly, but in this hopefully post-COVID era, where's the value in the AFL propping them up.

It would not surprise me if the AFL basically wipe their hands of North Melbourne for the next 12-24 months and then come in with a Tasmanian relocation offer that they have no choice but to accept.

The benefit the AFL have with such a move, is it woudn't necessarily need to be a complete move. They could still promise 8-10 games in Victoria a year(5-7 "away" and even 2-3 "home") to sell "Victorian" memberships and keep the traditional fan base included, but at the same time, give North Melbourne area of 500k population catchment area to actually grow their brand and the game itself.

Does it have footballs?

50,000 people turned up for AFLW GF, that counts in my book

Sounds the same as Port being proud of their reserve team doing well in the SANFL, that has footballs.

At the end of the day we as an organization should be focused entirely on winning premierships in the competition we were created to compete in: the AFL.

All this other stuff is nice enough, but it is NOT in any way a measure of success for us as a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooney might have been a good footballer before his knees gave up on him but he's an absolute pea-brain off the football field.

Then again he's not on his own on trade radio, they're all twats.

That's Adam Cooney for ya! He's in the former player clique, so gets airtime, no matter how stupid his takes are.
He’s never liked Adelaide anyway.

Can anyone explain why the AFL doesn't tell a club after a FA deal has been lodged what the compo will be?

I understand they don't want to tell the offering club, so that not side deals can be done, but to not tell the initial club serves no purpose other than setting them up for disappointment. Just make a rule that a club can only offer a player a FA deal once during the trade period, and then once it's lodged, it can't be altered.
Probably because FA isn't about incentivising the club to lose a player, which will also be one of the excuses they can use to not give us Band 1 if they decide it looks too bad

Me too. Don't even get me started on that sh*t. Head is sacrosanct, unless you're a Vic playing favourite son of an ex Vic star. Lynch ate through a straw for 6 weeks but the real crime according to Vic media was that the MRP dared to punish a poor Victorian for it.
I believe the argument that Whately in particular put forward was that it was Tom Lynch's decision to go for the ball that gave Viney no other option, and he just braced himself while Lynch ran into his elbow.

Really poor decision making by Lynch to put Viney's elbow in danger thru sticking his head into that area

Quite frankly, I think the AFL need to, and may in fact, go the other way with North. Financially they are a complete and utter drain on the competition. They were offered the opportunity of significant support if they went to the GC. They declined and decided to go it alone and to James Brayshaw's credit, he did some good work. However now Brayshaw's gone, they're going down the gurgler quick smart.

The issue is, where is the upside in the AFL propping up such a club? At best their a poor drawing side, with poor membership numbers with no potential for significant growth in this aspect. Now its fine to prop such clubs up when things are going swimmingly, but in this hopefully post-COVID era, where's the value in the AFL propping them up.

It would not surprise me if the AFL basically wipe their hands of North Melbourne for the next 12-24 months and then come in with a Tasmanian relocation offer that they have no choice but to accept.

The benefit the AFL have with such a move, is it woudn't necessarily need to be a complete move. They could still promise 8-10 games in Victoria a year(5-7 "away" and even 2-3 "home") to sell "Victorian" memberships and keep the traditional fan base included, but at the same time, give North Melbourne area of 500k population catchment area to actually grow their brand and the game itself.
The afl should merge gc and North and then move them to Tasmania... solve 3 problems in 1 hit.

Perpetually taking sh*t pick options. Never insisting on high picks.
This is how mediocrity perpetuates itself.
I wouldn’t want us to settle for that deal.
When will some of the posters on here get it - the Crows are BOTTOM!!!! The worst result in their history - but have the best handful of draft picks in their history(happy to be corrected on the last point!). So, under no circumstances do they do anything except draft the best batch of youngsters possible THIS YEAR!! No trading of this
Sounds the same as Port being proud of their reserve team doing well in the SANFL, that has footballs.

At the end of the day we as an organization should be focused entirely on winning premierships in the competition we were created to compete in: the AFL.

All this other stuff is nice enough, but it is NOT in any way a measure of success for us as a club.
Wow!! And there he is in all his glory - a real live dinosaur on Bigfooty.

and they *are* stupid

Seriousness, are there any kangaroos in Tassie?

With the AFL starting to float the idea of a Tassie team this year, I think they're starting the groundwork to change hearts and minds to do exactly this.

Absolutely should happen.

I think everyone in Australia, except for all of the North supporters, think that is the way to go. Tassie deserve a side and Melbourne has too many for their population to support. I can really see it working in Tasmania, and although it is totally unfair for Norths loyal supporters, it would strengthen the competition overall, and ensure success for the Kangas long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back