Recommitted Brad Crouch [re-signed]

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
A fit and in-form Brad Crouch off a full preseason would instantly make our midfield significantly stronger, so I wonder if we're into him like we're supposed to be with Gaff and JOM. We have loads of cap space to play with and will have a pick around 10 this year and also our 2017 picks, although I imagine they'd also want Dunstan to be a part of any deal.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A fit and in-form Brad Crouch off a full preseason would instantly make our midfield significantly stronger, so I wonder if we're into him like we're supposed to be with Gaff and JOM. We have loads of cap space to play with and will have a pick around 10 this year and also our 2017 picks, although I imagine they'd also want Dunstan to be a part of any deal.
The only clubs he has reportedly spoken to so far a North and Hawthorn, not to say he hasn't talked to others or won't in the future though.

Would you be willing to part with Dunston? He looks to be a promising player.

Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
The only clubs he has reportedly spoken to so far a North and Hawthorn, not to say he hasn't talked to others or won't in the future though.

Would you be willing to part with Dunston? He looks to be a promising player.
Dunstan is an interesting one. Started off like a house on fire in his 1st season (and ended up coming 5th in the Rising Star award that year, despite only playing about 16 games), but then he injured his shoulder badly about half way through that season and his output dropped for the remainder of that year (until he had it reconstructed in about round 17) and he then had problems with it all last year and really struggled as a result and this year he's been really up and down and hasn't reached the heights that in his first season he looked like he would have by now.

I'd still be very surprised if he doesn't go on to have a top-notch career and to be a lot better next year, but I do consider a fit Crouch to be an upgrade on him and if we were to get Crouch it might be a bit too much of the same sort of thing if we had all of Armitage, Crouch, Ross and Dunstan in the one team, so it would be an interesting question as to whether we'd trade him.

I strongly suspect we wouldn't, especially as he has very strong leadership qualities and losing him would be detrimental to the comeraderie of the young group at our club.

Someone who seems to have pretty close ties to our club said that Adelaide had a bit of a nibble at Dunstan last trade period though, and I've always likened him strongly to Scott Thompson (who doesn't have much time left), so I reckon they'd be pretty keen if we did have a go at Crouch.

Bonkers000

Club Legend
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Dunstan is an interesting one. Started off like a house on fire in his 1st season (and ended up coming 5th in the Rising Star award that year, despite only playing about 16 games), but then he injured his shoulder badly about half way through that season and his output dropped for the remainder of that year (until he had it reconstructed in about round 17) and he then had problems with it all last year and really struggled as a result and this year he's been really up and down and hasn't reached the heights that in his first season he looked like he would have by now.

I'd still be very surprised if he doesn't go on to have a top-notch career and to be a lot better next year, but I do consider a fit Crouch to be an upgrade on him and if we were to get Crouch it might be a bit too much of the same sort of thing if we had all of Armitage, Crouch, Ross and Dunstan in the one team, so it would be an interesting question as to whether we'd trade him.

I strongly suspect we wouldn't, especially as he has very strong leadership qualities and losing him would be detrimental to the comeraderie of the young group at our club.

Someone who seems to have pretty close ties to our club said that Adelaide had a bit of a nibble at Dunstan last trade period though, and I've always likened him strongly to Scott Thompson (who doesn't have much time left), so I reckon they'd be pretty keen if we did have a go at Crouch.
I'd rather just take your first round pick.
Not knocking dunstan, but Adelaide could be able to do more with 2 first rounders rather than get a player that may or may not end up good, and a late draft pick we probably won't use.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
Does it matter if Jenkins stays?? didn't you have him when youse wanted Obrien last time? What about a straight swap for poppy theres talk on hawks board that he might want to go home to Adelaide
Why?
I heard his parents moved to Melbourne?
Just googled it for ya...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...k=d1f996aaa8c37ee8122c6c05863c99b0-1468824972

"Puopolo moved to Melbourne in late 2010 and lives with his girlfriend, Carmel Scambiatterra, who is also from Adelaide.

His parents and sister also relocated to be closer to him."

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
He toured the facilities during the bye round. Wouldn't be doing that if there wasn't mutual interest.
Bullshit...
Another fantasy story by the cockwombling Adelaide journalist Michelangelo Rucci that the AFC have on lock out.

He actually met with former friend/fitness coach Brett Burton in a hotel/cafe for a coffee by accident a couple of months ago ....you do know Brett Burton was Brisbane's fitness guru until last year? That my friend is the basis for the story..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tom...k=769cb8feb411895efc0b8116adbf63dd-1468826069

Last edited:

coxy149

Team Captain
Jul 19, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
All your argument against the fact that he may have gone to west lakes is also in the same article.
The fact that he is being linked to have gone to the facilities and neither Adelaide, Brisbane or rockliff himself haven't denied it other than his manager suggests there may be more to this

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bullshit...
Another fantasy story by the cockwombling Adelaide journalist Michelangelo Rucci that the AFC have on lock out.

He actually met with former friend/fitness coach Brett Burton in a hotel/cafe for a coffee by accident a couple of months ago ....you do know Brett Burton was Brisbane's fitness guru until last year? That my friend is the basis for the story..

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tom...k=769cb8feb411895efc0b8116adbf63dd-1468826069
He did tour the facilities and met with AFC officals.
Its pretty well known he did.

Absolute no truth whatsoever to that rumour
Wow, how the hell do you know that?

BTW i dont buy into that rumor either but it was around last trade period to. and this is the first time i've heard you talk about the matter.

full of s**t i say, you have no idea so keep your mouth shut.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Wow, how the hell do you know that?

BTW i dont buy into that rumor either but it was around last trade period to. and this is the first time i've heard you talk about the matter.

full of s**t i say, you have no idea so keep your mouth shut.
No need to get personal with the attacks. I have worked around the Norwood Football Club as a volunteer for a number of years and he still visits the club occasionally and has a lot of very close mates involved at the club and associated. At yesterday's game at the Parade I was chatting to a couple of his mates who go over regularly to catch up with him and he absolutely loves Hawthorn and living in Melbourne.

No need to get personal with the attacks. I have worked around the Norwood Football Club as a volunteer for a number of years and he still visits the club occasionally and has a lot of very close mates involved at the club and associated. At yesterday's game at the Parade I was chatting to a couple of his mates who go over regularly to catch up with him and he absolutely loves Hawthorn and living in Melbourne.
Personal how so?

I stand by what I said, you tried to throw someone under the bus without any reasoning. Now after the fact your trying to add some credibility.

I think I'll stay right here on the fence thinking your both full of s**t.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
who
Personal how so?

I stand by what I said, you tried to throw someone under the bus without any reasoning. Now after the fact your trying to add some credibility.

Whos both of you??

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Personal how so?

Wasn't trying to throw anyone under the bus, I don't know the poster and this is the first time I've heard these rumours, wasn't aware it was brought up last season.
All I can say is that people who are close to him have said he very happy, loves your club and has no intention of going anywhere. Can only take that on face value I suppose as one of those in the conversation was an ex coach of his also.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fills a big need for us. I believe our first is already committed to Prestia.

Would an early 20's pick(Vickery compo) and Shane Edwards or Brandon Ellis get the deal done?
or
Vickery and one of the above?
C'mon Morro, let's get serious for a minute. Vickery wouldn't get a game with you at the Pirates. He would be playing ressies !!

Wasn't trying to throw anyone under the bus, I don't know the poster and this is the first time I've heard these rumours, wasn't aware it was brought up last season.
All I can say is that people who are close to him have said he very happy, loves your club and has no intention of going anywhere. Can only take that on face value I suppose as one of those in the conversation was an ex coach of his also.
Okay I jumped the gun a little bit.
I'm actually inclined to agree with everything you said.
Puopolo is probably just another victim to the hypothetical go home factors.
But without being Mr.Puopolo myself I can never know for sure.

Back