Past Brad Fisher

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 14. Brad Fisher

Hi i'm Brad's buddy poster AndSmithMustScore.

Welcome to Brad's page. :)

After a few injury ravaged seasons Brad has finally got a full preseason under his belt and is looking the best he ever has since his arrival at the club.

As yet in the two NAB games he hasn't had a huge impact and i put this down to the new forward set up and taking time to adjust to it.

If the NAB forward line set up is how the coach intends to go into the season it would appear Brad's role will be more up the ground around the half forward flank/wing as a link player.

With Whitnall,Kennedy and Cloke/Ackland all being in the forward line at some stage Brad's role probably won't be to kick large bags of goals but to set them up.

Which is probably not a bad thing as his kicking can let him down.

Beware other clubs though, because he could tear them apart if they don't get their match up on him right as he's deceptively tall, quick and his main asset is his great hands.

Stay tuned for more updates on Brad's season as it unfolds.

Had a good game against the Kangaroos i thought.

Led up the ground well and created space so that he could provide that link between the half back/half forward line.

I'd hope that he could average a goal a game in this role, so a realistic tally would be for him to kick between 20-30 goals for this season.

Progresing along nicely and as each game goes by he seems to be getting more confident with his role in the forward line structure.

Go Fish!!

Agree ASMS. At the game I noticed just how many contests Fish gets to. He is often out of position by the time he gets to them but he always causes spillages and takes the knocks. He also busted a gut to chase some defenders who had 20 metres on him when they got the ball. You can't fault his application.

Thought Fish was excellent last night, and he has been very good so far this season.

ALWAYS presents and never stops trying. Mainly plays on the half forward line, but seems to be pushing into the middle some as well, which I love to see.

Adds another dimension to our forward line as he is a very hard player to match up on, with a great blend of height, skill and pace. Still a brilliant mark. Moving in to the middle is also promising as he will be hard to match, he is deceptively tall.

One thing I have noticed is the improvement in his kicking. Sure, at times it is still horrible, but on average I reckon it has improved. I reckon that it's because he has been able to stay injury free, and the knee isn't worrying him any more.

Great to see him doing so well so far. Hopefully he stays away from the injuries and continues his good form. I'll probably cry if he gets injured again :(

Thought Fish was excellent last night, and he has been very good so far this season.

ALWAYS presents and never stops trying. Mainly plays on the half forward line, but seems to be pushing into the middle some as well, which I love to see.

Adds another dimension to our forward line as he is a very hard player to match up on, with a great blend of height, skill and pace. Still a brilliant mark. Moving in to the middle is also promising as he will be hard to match, he is deceptively tall.

One thing I have noticed is the improvement in his kicking. Sure, at times it is still horrible, but on average I reckon it has improved. I reckon that it's because he has been able to stay injury free, and the knee isn't worrying him any more.

Great to see him doing so well so far. Hopefully he stays away from the injuries and continues his good form. I'll probably cry if he gets injured again :(

Shhhhhhhhh

Well we are NAB cup champions again and Brad played a major role in contributing to that success.

He showed in the grand final why he is going to be a thorn in alot of teams sides with some excellent one grab contested marks and some decent play up and around the ground.

It seems once sides start getitng worried about Fev's influence they will try and double/triple team him.

This is when we will see why Brad is so valuable to the teams forward structure as his ability to float across a pack or take that comtested mark will be an asset if teams choose to swamp Fev.

Well done lad on a top grand final game and solid contribution and hopefully it's a sign of better things to come.

FEED THE FISH!

25-35 goals from 22 games should be the range that Fish aims for this year.

That alone sets up a good spread for us up forward with Eddies continued progression as well.

Scot Smith said:
ON SHAKY GROUND: BRAD FISHER
He’s not so much on shaky ground, but it certainly is Brad Fisher’s time to deliver. Now into his fifth year at the club, Fisher has been unable to string together an interrupted season so far.

After being drafted at number six in the 2002 draft and making his debut in 2003, the 22-year-old has been hampered by injuries and has only been able to front in 51 of a possible 88 matches since.

On the back of a his strongest pre-season at AFL level, Carlton will look upon Fisher to play a crucial role in their forward line structure this year.

6th round I think Scotty..........number 72 overall.
I'm sure Bard would be happy with this though :thumbsu:

He's going really well, looks like he's trimmed down & improved his endurance running.

Would like to see him play a Riewoldt role just running & presenting all day.The extra fitness will also help with 2nd & 3rd efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great game by Brad.

Stats wise:

13 kicks
4 handballs
8 contested pos.
9 marks(3 contested)
4 inside 50's
1 clanger
frees; 1 for, 1 against
2 goals 2 behinds
1 goal ass.
Time on ground; 81% of total game

For his role in the forward line they are very healthy returns and the kind of numbers we'd hope he would provide.

For a forward to have 8 contested posessions is a great sign he's working his arse off to make a contest and get in and get the ball.

Something alot of forwards tend to leave up to the onb and def.

Another great game by Brad.

Stats wise:

For his role in the forward line they are very healthy returns and the kind of numbers we'd hope he would provide.

For a forward to have 8 contested posessions is a great sign he's working his arse off to make a contest and get in and get the ball.

Something alot of forwards tend to leave up to the onb and def.
Just wondering, where do you get indepth stats such as clangers and TOG from?

Despite a disappointing loss to Geelong Brad played an even game and was one of our more dangerous forwards on a night when alot went missing.

Kept up his avg of 2 goals a game for season 2007.

So far this season his tally stands at 4 goals 4 points.

Statictically
9 kicks
1 handball
3 contested pos.
5 marks(0 contested)
2 inside 50's
0 clangers
frees; 2 for, 0 against
2 goals 2 behinds
1 goal ass.
Time on ground; 74% of total game

Just wondering does anyone know why Brad spent most of the 1st and 3rd quarters on the bench when he was proberly our best foward on Sat night.

Just wondering does anyone know why Brad spent most of the 1st and 3rd quarters on the bench when he was proberly our best foward on Sat night.

Well according to the stats he was on the ground for around 75% of the time which would indicate he spent around 20 minutes of the game on the bench.

Why i don't know, perhaps part of a rotation policy or due to the coach wanting a different set up in the forward line.

Has kicked 6 goals in three games, very good start to the year by Fish :thumbsu:

Spot on. If he can give us 40+ goals this year, we are well and truly on the way.
Also helps Fev out because they have to pay Fish some respect in the air to........wish he had of kicked that snap though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back